Page 1967 of 2000 FirstFirst ... 96714671867191719571966196719681977 ... LastLast
Results 68,811 to 68,845 of 69972

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Wow Curt what a find. How are you doing and did you get to the lake yesterday?
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Pass that bottle over here, Curtis!

Morning Glen, How's things down your way?
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Morning All,

Small steps. Been trying to wrangle contractors & suppliers... and it's like honey from the root cellar. But as of this moment, we finally have a new micro/hood installed. All it took was 3 tries, and me riding his a** all day y'day via phone & text. First two appointments he just blew off, with no warning. I get the same sort of reaction from most -- they're so busy, and getting materials & supplies such a chore, that no one knows which end is up. So scheduling anything becomes a nightmare. Sure glad we are fixing up the house right NOW... <sigh>

On a brighter note - Imma take most of that cake over to the kids today. Get to see the grandbabies!!!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

The woman finally quit for the day. She is out in her hammock reading a book, I think it it is one by Mrs.O.

I hope Baxter has some of that Mezcal left, I could use a shot about now. Maybe Pless has some left over Tequila he would share.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

David sounds kinda cranky.
    He needs more cake and grandkid time.
    Will this do Bobby?

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Looks good to me Kevin.

i even have a clean shot glass, bobby!

finally dug my carrots and cut a big basket of norma's purrrfect jalapenos, getting ready to pickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    Hi, Bobby. I hope your weekend's been a good one. I've been mostly doing housework - Blah!
    My days are all about the same anymore Fred, If they are not really bad ones I am happy.

break out the clean shot glasses!

Got the glasses set up Kevin. Are you getting settled in on this change of life?

I'm packed and ready.
    A little stressed but not whacked out.
    I ain't cold, I ain't wet and I ain't hungry.
    I classify these as "good times".

Last edited by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All; 09-20-2020 at 06:52 PM.

So Happy to hear that Kevin, Life gets hard some times, but you have friends here. Just keep that in mind. All I am saying is if you need help just ask.

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

Where would we be without our friends?
    Thanks Pal.

Kevin is right. I'm cranky.

Wait... what's unusual about that?

Sure enjoyed my time at the kids. Not much time with the baby, this time. She was just going down for a nap when I got there. Then they were headed off for a hike in the Gorge as I was leaving, and they had to drag her out of bed, so she wasn't in any mood for grandpa's. If often takes her a while to warm up to visitors anyway, even the folks she sees the most.

The boy, otoh, was a nonstop whirlwind. 'Let's race, grandpa'. 'Let's play tag, grandpa'. 'Hold me up so I can stick these cheerios to the ceiling, grandpa' . His mother thought that one was hilarious. He's into math now, and he made numbers with cheerios. 'Help me build a fort, grandpa'. 'I made a mudhole in the back yard, grandpa, lets go add some water'. 'Push me in the swing, grandpa'. 'Let's climb the walnut tree, grandpa'. 'Chase me, grandpa'.

I swear, the person who invents the shunt will make a ton of money. Can you imagine being able to siphon off just a tiny percentage of that kid-energy for use by those of us who need the boost? <G>

The cake was a huge hit. Jess raved, and the boy had two pieces.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Been sitting out in my shop, a good breeze and temps in the low 70s felt so good to be out there. The wife came to check on me a while ago and said we need to go to the house, I told her go on I will be there in a while. She sez are you sure you can make it? I ask why I wouldn't. She sez cause it is dark out there. She worries over me like some old mother hen.

Morning All,

I've mostly recovered from the GrandpaGames. Shaping up to be a busy day. Plus we get to puppy-sit. The kids are doing a whirlwind 1-day coast mini-vacation, and no dogs allowed at the hotel. So we get Luna-tic for 24 hours.

Hope everyone has a great day!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Morning Fred and David. Fred I could use a double shot of your high quality Rum right now. Probably give me a little relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Morning Fred and David. Fred I could use a double shot of your high quality Rum right now. Probably give me a little relief.
    Hey there GilaMonster. Hope your day gets betterer!! It's foggy here - headed for sunny & mid-70's. Wassup at your place?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Thanks David.

Thank you Fred either one of them would work.

Looks like our AAA Rv coverage is going to pay off. The are coming to take it to the RV repair shop for me. Since it is sitting in the yard I didn't think they would do it, the wife called to see and they said we will be there within the hour.

Dang Did Mr. John T, of Texas get banned? Here is a round of mezcal, morning his imprisonment.

Dang Did Mr. John T, of Texas get banned? Here is a round of mezcal, morning his imprisonment.
    It appears so.

Lunchtime here. Pasta with chichen, marinara, romano, and some w.w. sourdough toast.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

That sounds good David, The doc called me in another inhaler and it is helping with the pain. I hope your afternoon is a productive one. My trailer is at the shop finally, it only took them three tries to get a truck that would pull it. It seems communication skills is a lost art. You tell them this is a fifth wheel wheel type hitch, you can't pull it with a bumper hitch ball. So they send out a low boy flatbed with one of those balls in the bed. He left and about thirty minute later he was back, the company told him his truck would work. He looked it over and said if I put this on my truck the front of your trailer will drag the ground. Finally after he took pictures of the hitch and sent them to the company they sent a truck from Muskogee to Tulsa that had the right hitch. This was the fault of Triple A Dispatch even after they were told what it was. Glad we were not out on the road somewhere.

That sounds good David, The doc called me in another inhaler and it is helping with the pain. I hope your afternoon is a productive one. My trailer is at the shop finally, it only took them three tries to get a truck that would pull it. It seems communication skills is a lost art. You tell them this is a fifth wheel wheel type hitch, you can't pull it with a bumper hitch ball. So they send out a low boy flatbed with one of those balls in the bed. He left and about thirty minute later he was back, the company told him his truck would work. He looked it over and said if I put this on my truck the front of your trailer will drag the ground. Finally after he took pictures of the hitch and sent them to the company they sent a truck from Muskogee to Tulsa that had the right hitch. This was the fault of Triple A Dispatch even after they were told what it was. Glad we were not out on the road somewhere.
    <shakes head>

Our oldest boy is now thinking of buying a large travel trailer. Partly for camping, which they do a lot of. Partly to live in if he goes to grad school out of state (which looks increasingly likely). And partly as an initial living space for the 'family compound' project.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

It just pisses me off I can't do this myself. I never meant to get this way, depending on others to do things for me. Let me tell you it sucks.

If I was buying a trailer again it would be a bumper hitch type, got the fifth wheel type thinking more space with less length behind the truck. First prob is the part that goes over the truck is the bedroom, you are about two foot from the top you are always bumping the top when you turn over and a Young couple may find another problem. Oh and that step down to the first floor when you are half asleep and need to go pee, not good.

Hey Bobby. Hope you get your RV all up and running again. We have thought about a minimalistic travel trailer. Capital thoughts on minimalistic. This year of Covid has made us think even more that might be the way to vacation in the future....

If I was buying a trailer again it would be a bumper hitch type, got the fifth wheel type thinking more space with less length behind the truck. First prob is the part that goes over the truck is the bedroom, you are about two foot from the top you are always bumping the top when you turn over and a Young couple may find another problem. Oh and that step down to the first floor when you are half asleep and need to go pee, not good.
    Plus... I'm suspecting they've got in mind to swap whatever they're driving at the time for my truck to tow it with. And it's got a canopy on it. No 5th wheel possible.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Afternoon all, just thought I'd drop in. Warm and sunny with showers. Wind from the NW, been itching to changefor 3 days now.

Things going OK here, infections down, pubs and cafe's open if restricted in numbers.Hopefuly by christmas it'll be as normal as it's ever going to get. Take care,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by garland reese View Post
    Hey Bobby. Hope you get your RV all up and running again. We have thought about a minimalistic travel trailer. Capital thoughts on minimalistic. This year of Covid has made us think even more that might be the way to vacation in the future....
    It's kind of upending all our plans as well. At least requiring some thought about a bunch of our assumptions. Luckily for our family, the two wives are employed in health care - one RN, one Chaplain. The one son runs an internet sales biz which doesn't seem to have been effected yet. The other son is getting ready for grad school. And my boat repair & building gig is also steady so far. Maybe even speeding up. But I know far too many people who have gotten laid off, or hours cut, or just let go.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Morning all, coffee is on if you want it.

A song for a friend.