X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bobby of Tulsa
    • Jul 2000

Re: Byob !!!!!!

I guess winter is on the way.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Comment

• Jimmy W
      SE USA MS or sometimes GA
      • Feb 2010

Elvis had a twin brother that was stillborn.

Epitaph · Cary Hudson

Comment

• skuthorp
        • Jan 2002

Evening all. We had dinner in the tree house this evening, a very pleasant night now with a few beers and some club 'puter work concerning boat storage. It'll be a touchy sunday morning with more boats than racks, and they all want a ground level one!
        Nother beer, mossies don't bother me but the insect bats are swooping all over the place, so I might stay here tonight. BTW, sound track tonight is Hector Berlioz.

Comment

• Bobby of Tulsa
          • Jul 2000

Good day to you Mr.Skuthorp, Just at freezing here this morning and hot coffee is really good this morning.
          "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Comment

• Curtism
            Treadin' Trodden Trails
            • Jul 2010

Good day, all.

I guess dad won't be going to any more asian buffets soon. Its too bad, he loves them. We went to one tues eve for his birthday dinner, later that night his wife rushed him to the hospital with food poisoning symptoms, high fever and chest pains. They kept him overnight for more testing. For a guy who spent his entire adult life visiting injured combat vet's at the VA, he sure hates being in the hospital as a patient. Can't say I blame him. He was in good spirits last night though. He made jokes about me dressing up like hospital staff for Halloween and smuggling him out in a laundry bin. Over the phone i heard him ask a male aid if he could get some prettier nurses in there.

He might have been born a Robert . . . But he can sure be a Bob at times.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Comment

• Bobby of Tulsa
              • Jul 2000

Morning Curt, I hate to hear that about your dad, hope he mends fast. a bit chilly out this morning I had to put on a long sleeve shirt to go feed the cluckers.

Comment

• Bobby of Tulsa
                • Jul 2000

I would have waited till later to go feed but I was out of beer in the house and had to go to the shop to get more anyway.

Comment

• Curtism
                  Treadin' Trodden Trails
                  • Jul 2010

I'll bet its nice and cold. And you got your exercise out of the way already. Good going, Bobby.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Comment

• Bobby of Tulsa
                    • Jul 2000

Thanks Curt, it is a tough life but somebody has tooo do it.

Comment

• Bobby of Tulsa
                      • Jul 2000

Syed, check in please.

Comment

• Glen Longino
                        • Jun 2008

Good morning gents...30F here...I'm moving slow!
                        Have a good day!

Comment

• Bobby of Tulsa
                          • Jul 2000

that coffee pot would be a welcome site this morning.

Comment

• Bobby of Tulsa
                            • Jul 2000

Thursday morning, rescue workers and inspectors are going through charred wreckage looking for survivors after a massive fire on a train traveling in Pakistan.

Comment

• David G
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Curtism
                              Good day, all.

I guess dad won't be going to any more asian buffets soon. Its too bad, he loves them. We went to one tues eve for his birthday dinner, later that night his wife rushed him to the hospital with food poisoning symptoms, high fever and chest pains. They kept him overnight for more testing. For a guy who spent his entire adult life visiting injured combat vet's at the VA, he sure hates being in the hospital as a patient. Can't say I blame him. He was in good spirits last night though. He made jokes about me dressing up like hospital staff for Halloween and smuggling him out in a laundry bin. Over the phone i heard him ask a male aid if he could get some prettier nurses in there.

He might have been born a Robert . . . But he can sure be a Bob at times.
                              Morning All,

I used that line once when I was in the hospital. Recovering from a knee surgery around 1980. My friend M, who was my live-in girlfriend at the time, was a nurse there. Not on my ward, but she dropped in often. First time, I said, "Oh good! It's about time we got some prettier nurses in here." She smiled and came back after visiting hours to reward me with some extra 'peri-care'. That worked so well, we made it a nightly thing for the duration. It's 27F here at the moment, headed for a high in the lower 50's. I'm amazed at the stretch of sunny weather we're having. Not normal for this time of year. The usual is alternating between gray drizzle, and pouring rain. I keep saying... we're becoming SanDiego del Norte...

David G
                              Harbor Woodworks
                              https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Comment

• Bobby of Tulsa
                                • Jul 2000

Morning David, You got our weather and temps this morning.

Comment

Working...