Page 2544 of 2544 FirstFirst ... 1544204424442494253425432544
Results 89,006 to 89,013 of 89013

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Thank you, sir. I'll let you know in about 20 minutes - the glop is in the oven now.
    Got about 2" of snow so far, and it hasn't let up since 10:00AM. A couple households were out with their snowblowers - like, why? It's still snowing. confused.gif

Okay, pulled the brookies out of the oven. I guess they don't look gawd-awful. Gotta let them cool a bit.

brookies 012723.jpg
    Last edited by Fred Z; 01-28-2023 at 05:11 PM.

You done good Fred.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Looks good to me!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

It didn't turn out bad at all.

I asked my DIL how long I should let it cool down before cutting a piece out. Her response was, "I don't think there's any minimum time they need to sit. Just however long your will power holds out I suppose".

Well, I have no will power on Saturday or Sunday, so I pulled one out at ten minutes. Much too soon - the brownie layer was like hot lava! Second try at 25 minutes - still hot, but holding together better. Now, at room temp, they're wonderful.

So, one successful baked item in 12 years!!!
    This post is temporary and will be deleted at the whim of its creator.

I can let a pork chop or a steak rest... but Baked Goods? I think those figures are all theoretical <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Good job Fred
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

David would have burned his tongue off on those Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    David would have burned his tongue off on those Fred.
    Pfffffttttt... I have a proven strategy for such situations. An ice-cold glass of milk to go with. If it's molten-hot, I'll dip a bit INTO the milk before inserting into my pie-hole!!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks