Thread: yesterday in detroit

Default yesterday in detroit

Something the new Corvette isn’t good for.

666A2826-E2E5-4F49-9E93-F3BA5001AA2B.jpg
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Default Re: yesterday in detroit

But it looks so good

guy just pulled off to take a call. responsible of him.

Surprise weather or not very bright?

It looks like they are on speakerphone too, think the tow operator will hang up?
    Last edited by Old Dryfoot; 11-13-2019 at 03:57 PM. Reason: speeling
    Nosce te ipsum

Surprise weather? We’ve been watching this storm march toward us for four days. . .

Be interesting to find out if it was a press pool car or a GM engineer. Dorks either way. . .

I bet there's a mid-engine overhead cam antipodean made supercar that drives better in the snow.

coke just shot outta my nose

coca~cola. . .

My first car, a Fiat X1/9 was mid engined (mid hamstered) and was quite good in the snow.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

the 3.25 inches of ground clearance and front splitter sure don’t help things in the snow
    but the real culprits were the michelin pilot sports 305/25 z20s and 500 hp!

So what's the over under on the damages, 15k?

they won't repair it anyways

every pre-production car will be crushed, corporate policy
    too much liability to sell a pre-production car to the public
    there are companies based here in detroit who do nothing but destroy test vehicles and test parts and document the destruction

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    the 3.25 inches of ground clearance and front splitter sure don’t help things in the snow
    but the real culprits were the michelin pilot sports 305/25 z20s and 500 hp!
    No, the real problem is a car that can't handle weather conditions that exist in over half the country for at least four months of the year and morons who by them.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    No, the real problem is a car that can't handle weather conditions that exist in over half the country for at least four months of the year and morons who by them.

Wow! Aren't we bitter? You've never ended up in a ditch?

Do you get on the case of all the idjuts in your state who never use snow tires & drive 85MPH on Rte 8/the Merritt in slush?
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Wow! Aren't we bitter? You've never ended up in a ditch?

Do you get on the case of all the idjuts in your state who never use snow tires & drive 85MPH on Rte 8/the Merritt in slush?
    I never said anything about normal human error. But like Paul said, we all knew this was coming and driving a corvette on dry roads is like walking with both legs gone numb. So yeah, it an effen stupid car, driven by people who have either completely lost all reason or have temporary loss of it. This coming from a guy who popped both his tires in the woods last week and now has to spend $2500 on new wheels and tires because I gotta have 35s on smoothies.

Oh, and yes, at the risk of jinxing myself, I get on the case of all the 4x4s who end up eating a tree or otherwise traveling sideways intermittently. And yes, I'm bitter towards a55holes who can't pick a decent car or, at least, have the maturity of knowing when to hold em and when to fold em.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    I never said anything about normal human error. But like Paul said, we all knew this was coming and driving a corvette on dry roads is like walking with both legs gone numb. So yeah, it an effen stupid car, driven by people who have either completely lost all reason or have temporary loss of it. This coming from a guy who popped both his tires in the woods last week and now has to spend $2500 on new wheels and tires because I gotta have 35s on smoothies.

Oh, and yes, at the risk of jinxing myself, I get on the case of all the 4x4s who end up eating a tree or otherwise traveling sideways intermittently. And yes, I'm bitter towards a55holes who can't pick a decent car or, at least, have the maturity of knowing when to hold em and when to fold em.
    It's a better argument that it's a stupid car at $150k. It's hard to make an argument that it's a stupid car when it's legitimately a super car in performance, styling, ergonomics, and quality, and selling for $60k when run-of-the-mill sedans are running $40k all optioned up.

Further, I'm pretty confident that at some point they will add a version with electric drive on the front axle, like the new NSX, which would give it AWD at far less complexity than a car like the Ferrari FF. With all season tires and snow not too deep, it'll be better than most cars in the snow.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Just a couple hundred more horses, and that would have never happened.
    "Simple minds discuss people, Average minds discuss things, and Great minds discuss ideas".

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Just a couple hundred more horses, and that would have never happened.
    I wish we wuz allofus this danged brilliant <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I drove my first Miata (a 1990 model with the optional hardtop) during several Detroit winters. It handled snow and ice just fine, but the salt and chemical brine chewed through the rocker panels after a few years.

Jeff C