Thread: Mayor Rudy Pushback

Default Mayor Rudy Pushback

Attorneys call for Giuliani to lose law license over false claims, mob incitement

(Reuters) - A group of prominent attorneys on Thursday asked New York’s judiciary to suspend the law license of former President Donald Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani for making false claims in post-election lawsuits and for urging Trump’s supporters to engage in “trial by combat” shortly before they stormed the U.S. Capitol.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN29Q2XJ
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Default Re: Mayor Rudy Pushback

He’s a mayor?

He was the NYC mayor on 9/11.

Every one of the about fifty suits to overturn the presidential election had no offers of proof. Strictly that makes every plaintiff's attorney in all those suits eligible for bar sanctions including loss of license.

Yes but I don’t think that was being referred to and he is an ex-mayor. Self appointed grammar nazi, that’s me. Plus I was having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gray View Post
    Yes but I don’t think that was being referred to and he is an ex-mayor. Self appointed grammar nazi, that’s me. Plus I was having fun.
    It is common for people who have earned an honorific to keep using it after they have moved on from that job. Military ranks, or instance. And titles for elected office. Jimmy Carter is still legitimately addressed as 'Mr. President'.

If you want full membership in the Grammar Police, and the propeller beanie that we wear so proudly, you are going to have to get your facts straight. This will go into your file... <G>

Also... I've heard rumors that such 'honorifics' are sometimes used sarcastically. But I'd have no personal knowledge of such things...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I'd love to see him disbarred. Anything deleterious to his brand... that would reduce his ability to inject his dingbattery into the public discourse... would be a good thing.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gray View Post
    He’s a mayor?
    Well, he ain't no stallion!
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

I split the difference between Dave and David. It is growing more and more common for a person to be addressed by the title of highest office. President Clinton was chatting with President Bush . . . More properly one would put it as "former President Bush". But never ex- anyone.

Rudy may be called mayor, but he is no longer, Hizzoner, which is what one calls the person who runs the city.
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Dizzoner?