Page 2384 of 2451 FirstFirst ... 1384188422842334237423832384238523942434 ... LastLast
Results 83,406 to 83,440 of 85762

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

For Garland.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

1967 what a year that was in my life, foot loose and fancy free as they say. The next year would change my life forever.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

I had posters of Freckles Brown, Jim Shoulders, and Larry Mahan, and Joe Alexander on my walls. Of course, Phil Lyne and those Ferguson boys were awesome. And being an Okie, you had to be a fan of Roy Duvall as well. Thanks, Bobby. I was broken hearted when the NFR moved from OKC to Vegas. We also would go see the IFR in Tulsa every year. Good memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post

Did you make the flight ok?
    yes. Had the front row to myself. I couldn’t stretch out though, because the tables were folded away in the armrest, so you couldn’t move the armrest out of the way.

Evening gents. Installed stove pipe all day. Had to finally call a neighbor to lend a hand.

Should have worn gloves more. Hands look like I tried to put a cat in a bag.

Wrapping them around a cold beer might help. I’ll leave the rest of the 6 pack on the bar

Stinker of a day here, hot and no gully breeze which is unusual for us.

Lemmee pour a beer for each of you.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Morning All,

Got a guy coming in a bit to look at one of our projects, so I'll just hang here and drink coffee.

Hope everyone has a great day!

And Tulsy, Knock It Off!!! <always a safe thing to say>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Who me? I don't know what David is talkin about. Morning to you Sir, I hope you have a fine day.

Who me? I don't know what David is talkin about. Morning to you Sir, I hope you have a fine day.
    Watchu up to today? For me it's this morning meeting, the hardware store, the lumberyard, the shop to cut a few bits, and shopping for new screen doors.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I wonder If Garland knows the name Don Wilcox from the rodeo days. His old house and stable and a big ole hay barn that he used to own still stands just a few blocks from my house. He could have possibly been the owner of the land that was divided up to make this neighborhood.

I don't have any plans for today but it is going to be a warm day and the last one of its kind for a while so I will get out to my shop for a while any way. They say upper 60s today mid 30s tomorrow. Okie weather it's as crazy as it can be.

Still hot here, still no rain here though a deal of the dry outback is in flood with record rains. Weather systems are doing as predicted, it's climate change writ large. I listened to a program last night on the melting permafrost in Russia and Central Asia. It's a self-sustaining and escalating system.

Tulsy - you're mighty quiet over there in your corner. It's like when the toddlers here go quiet. Everyone starts getting nervous...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

David I feel really bad and keeping up here is getting a lot harder

David I feel really bad and keeping up here is getting a lot harder
    You do what you can, my friend.

And you can count on us... to tease you about it <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

No need to keep up. An occasional “fart” is reassuring….

Morning Guys, cool weather has moved back in for a couple of days anyway. Nothing like Fred's weather thankfully.
    I did manage to brew up some coffee.

Unhappy Re: Byob !!!!!!

Any coffee left?
    My heater went kaput.
    Waiting on the repair man.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Got hot strong coffee, hate to hear about the heater thing. They always pick the coldest time to crap out on you.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

Ain't that the truth.
    Heating the house with the oven.
    Not the first time I've had to do that.
    I'm baking brownies to help with the stress.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

I been wondering about when you were gonna make more Magic brownies.

Morning All,

I've got toddler duty this morning, but my sweetie has them helping her cook for the moment. I'll take some of that coffee, please.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Break off and chunk of that coffee for me too please. Getting ready for the big snow storm this weekend (if it materialises).

Coffee chunks coming up.

"Freedom!!!!"
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

In wine there is wisdom
    In beer there is strength
    In water, there is bacteria

You decide...

<make mine a beer, please>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Looks like David took that beer thing seriously, he is probably nursing a hangover and waiting for me to get the coffee and bourbon flowing this morning.

Made two pots of coffee this morning. One you can drink sorta and one you just break off a chunk.

Looks like David took that beer thing seriously, he is probably nursing a hangover and waiting for me to get the coffee and bourbon flowing this morning.
    Yes on the coffee please, no on the hangover. I'm one of those who doesn't get hungover much - even if I should happen to over-indulge. No bourbon. I've pretty much reached a final determination that it's down my list a ways. Besides, I'm gonna try and do some boat-jockeying today. Possibly that will involve repacking a pair of bearings. It'll definitely mean trying out my new 12v tire-inflator. Hopefully it means moving the cabin cruiser from its old home to the new (at the 'Boat Museum'). And maybe setting up a canvas carport for a boat that's already there. And moving the little fiberglass pulling boat to the new spot there. We'll see how far I get...

Meantime... stay out of trouble, ya danged T'Devil. Hope everyone has a great day!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Have a good day David, I plan on a no trouble for Bob day here.

Have a good day David, I plan on a no trouble for Bob day here.
    Yes, well... you ALWAYS start with that intention, now doncha? <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks