Re: Malaysia Airlines 777-200 Missing...
By jove... I think you've nailed it. They have snuck in here
Originally Posted by slug
The search for MH370 is a multinational effort. I will now give you an update on the assets which have been deployed.
During the course of this operation, the Chief of the Defence Force has spoken to his counterparts from countries including:
• New Zealand
• The UK
• And the USA.
All were very supportive, and all offered their assistance. As the focus of the search has moved from the South China Sea and Straits of Malacca to the northern and southern corridors, our international partners have continued to provide whatever support they can.
A number of assets have been deployed at different phases of the search and rescue operation.
Currently, there are 18 ships, 29 aircraft and 6 ship-borne helicopters deployed along the northern and southern corridors, as follows:
In the northern corridor, there are 4 aircraft:
• 2 from Malaysia
• 1 from Japan
• And 1 from the US.
In the southern corridor, there are 25 aircraft:
• 2 from Malaysia
• 5 from Australia
• 3 from China
• 4 from Indonesia
• 2 from India
• 4 from Japan
• 1 from New Zealand
• 2 from South Korea
• 1 from the UAE
• And 1 from the USA.
All 18 ships are in the southern corridor:
• 6 from Malaysia
• 1 from Australia
• 5 from China
• And 6 from Indonesia.
This deployment includes 6 helicopters:
• 3 from Malaysia, and 3 from China.
Until we are certain that we have located MH370, search and rescue operations will continue in both corridors. I can confirm that Malaysia is sending 2 aircraft to Kazakhstan, and the UK is planning to send 1 ship to the southern corridor.
In addition to the assets I just listed above, a number of countries in the northern corridor are carrying out search and rescue operations within their own territory:
• China is using every means possible, including 21 satellites, to search the area within its borders, and is ready to send more ships and aircraft wherever they are needed.
• In Cambodia, 4 helicopters are conducting search operations within Cambodian territory.
• The Laos Air Force is carrying out search operations within Laos.
• Singapore are using their International Information Fusion Centre, where a Malaysian representative is stationed, to notify mariners and help with the search.
• The Thai military are conducting search operations in the northern part of Thailand with all available aircraft.
• And Vietnam are conducting search operations within their territory using an unspecified number of aircraft.
Together this represents a significant international force deployment. I am thankful for the co-operation of our partners as we continue to focus on finding MH370.
Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem
I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"