Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysia Airlines 777-200 Missing...

Default Re: Malaysia Airlines 777-200 Missing...

Quote Originally Posted by slug View Post
    I think the Kiwis did it............ya just cant trust em'
    By jove... I think you've nailed it. They have snuck in here

Assets deployed
    The search for MH370 is a multinational effort. I will now give you an update on the assets which have been deployed.
    During the course of this operation, the Chief of the Defence Force has spoken to his counterparts from countries including:
    • Australia
    • China
    • India
    • Indonesia
    • Japan
    • Maldives
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • Singapore
    • Thailand
    • Vietnam
    • The UK
    • And the USA.
    All were very supportive, and all offered their assistance. As the focus of the search has moved from the South China Sea and Straits of Malacca to the northern and southern corridors, our international partners have continued to provide whatever support they can.
    A number of assets have been deployed at different phases of the search and rescue operation.
    Currently, there are 18 ships, 29 aircraft and 6 ship-borne helicopters deployed along the northern and southern corridors, as follows:
    Aircraft
    In the northern corridor, there are 4 aircraft:
    • 2 from Malaysia
    • 1 from Japan
    • And 1 from the US.
    In the southern corridor, there are 25 aircraft:
    • 2 from Malaysia
    • 5 from Australia
    • 3 from China
    • 4 from Indonesia
    • 2 from India
    • 4 from Japan
    • 1 from New Zealand
    • 2 from South Korea
    • 1 from the UAE
    • And 1 from the USA.
    Ships
    All 18 ships are in the southern corridor:
    • 6 from Malaysia
    • 1 from Australia
    • 5 from China
    • And 6 from Indonesia.
    This deployment includes 6 helicopters:
    • 3 from Malaysia, and 3 from China.
    Until we are certain that we have located MH370, search and rescue operations will continue in both corridors. I can confirm that Malaysia is sending 2 aircraft to Kazakhstan, and the UK is planning to send 1 ship to the southern corridor.
    In addition to the assets I just listed above, a number of countries in the northern corridor are carrying out search and rescue operations within their own territory:
    • China is using every means possible, including 21 satellites, to search the area within its borders, and is ready to send more ships and aircraft wherever they are needed.
    • In Cambodia, 4 helicopters are conducting search operations within Cambodian territory.
    • The Laos Air Force is carrying out search operations within Laos.
    • Singapore are using their International Information Fusion Centre, where a Malaysian representative is stationed, to notify mariners and help with the search.
    • The Thai military are conducting search operations in the northern part of Thailand with all available aircraft.
    • And Vietnam are conducting search operations within their territory using an unspecified number of aircraft.
    Together this represents a significant international force deployment. I am thankful for the co-operation of our partners as we continue to focus on finding MH370.
    Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Quote Originally Posted by seanz View Post
    Not for the nose wheel? And the people that fly them don't know this? So the crew looks for a cockpit fire and can't know that's not what it is?
    There are lots of things about aircraft systems that pilots don't know. I know we have no nose wheel well fire detection on out aircraft, whether it is an available option I don't know, but I've not seen it on any other type aircraft so my guess is it isn't available.

Honestly it's very difficult to remember exact configuration of systems on machines this complicated. If I have given answers related to technical specs on the aircraft most of the time I did actual research to double check, especially if read something that doesn't sound right.
    Last edited by Tom Wilkinson; 03-21-2014 at 06:31 AM.
    Tom

Very strange event. Huge search by the best and brightest.

Perhaps they never discover what happened.

That's possible. I hope not since the data is vital regardless of what happened.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    I'm not interested in the time of the satellite chart... I'm interested in the timing of the communications "blips" from the aircraft.
    The Satellite chart IS a blip from the aircraft which was received by the satellite at 08:11.

They will not discover anything where they're making such a big show of looking.

The satellites and drones MAY discover something, but it will be on the northern arc into Asia.

When they declare that they "may never find anything' they may be trying to deny the bad guys credit for a hijacking, by sticking to an airborne accident story.

By jove... I think you've nailed it. They have snuck in here

Assets deployed
    The search for MH370 is a multinational effort. I will now give you an update on the assets which have been deployed.
    During the course of this operation, the Chief of the Defence Force has spoken to his counterparts from countries including:
    • Australia
    • China
    • India
    • Indonesia
    • Japan
    • Maldives
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • Singapore
    • Thailand
    • Vietnam
    • The UK
    • And the USA.
    All were very supportive, and all offered their assistance. As the focus of the search has moved from the South China Sea and Straits of Malacca to the northern and southern corridors, our international partners have continued to provide whatever support they can.
    A number of assets have been deployed at different phases of the search and rescue operation.
    Currently, there are 18 ships, 29 aircraft and 6 ship-borne helicopters deployed along the northern and southern corridors, as follows:
    Aircraft
    In the northern corridor, there are 4 aircraft:
    • 2 from Malaysia
    • 1 from Japan
    • And 1 from the US.
    In the southern corridor, there are 25 aircraft:
    • 2 from Malaysia
    • 5 from Australia
    • 3 from China
    • 4 from Indonesia
    • 2 from India
    • 4 from Japan
    • 1 from New Zealand
    • 2 from South Korea
    • 1 from the UAE
    • And 1 from the USA.
    Ships
    All 18 ships are in the southern corridor:
    • 6 from Malaysia
    • 1 from Australia
    • 5 from China
    • And 6 from Indonesia.
    This deployment includes 6 helicopters:
    • 3 from Malaysia, and 3 from China.
    Until we are certain that we have located MH370, search and rescue operations will continue in both corridors. I can confirm that Malaysia is sending 2 aircraft to Kazakhstan, and the UK is planning to send 1 ship to the southern corridor.
    In addition to the assets I just listed above, a number of countries in the northern corridor are carrying out search and rescue operations within their own territory:
    • China is using every means possible, including 21 satellites, to search the area within its borders, and is ready to send more ships and aircraft wherever they are needed.
    • In Cambodia, 4 helicopters are conducting search operations within Cambodian territory.
    • The Laos Air Force is carrying out search operations within Laos.
    • Singapore are using their International Information Fusion Centre, where a Malaysian representative is stationed, to notify mariners and help with the search.
    • The Thai military are conducting search operations in the northern part of Thailand with all available aircraft.
    • And Vietnam are conducting search operations within their territory using an unspecified number of aircraft.
    Together this represents a significant international force deployment. I am thankful for the co-operation of our partners as we continue to focus on finding MH370.

A long and yet incomplete list.

American Black assets are not included.

We know US satellites are being used in the search but none are listed and neither are drones.

I don't suppose this was an oversight, no pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Tilt View Post
    The Satellite chart IS a blip from the aircraft which was received by the satellite at 08:11.
    So, how many blips, received when? That'd be a chart
    Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Quote Originally Posted by epoxyboy View Post
    Are you familiar with Occams razor? A large jet plane disappearing in one of the most militarised, surveilled parts of the world, is not the most likely explanation. It would make for a better Hollywood movie than the southern ocean version though. It has more scope for guns, explosions and Matt Damon as the plucky New Zealander who manages to evade the terrorists to set off one of the life raft epirbs. Except he'd have an awful accent, and would talk about coming from North Island, instead of the North Island. Its a subtle difference, and something that Hollywood never gets right.
    None of this idle speculation really helps the families, does it. They seem to be getting more than enough of that from the Malaysian government.

Pete
    The simplest explanation for the events we know occurred IS a human hand and that hand I believe had criminal intent.

A convoluted chain of events which allows for the A/C making no effort to notify controllers on the ground of their emergency is against concepts of simplicity.

So, how many blips, received when? That'd be a chart

Eh?

That would be a FIX!

One blip gave us the LOP which we see as two arc's on the satellite chart.

The time it was produced is of key importance.

Full tilt, you are wrong, according to a representative of IMSARAT whose system sends the 'pings' ....there cannot be any pings when the engines are shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by bahma View Post
    Full tilt, you are wrong, according to a representative of IMSARAT whose system sends the 'pings' ....there cannot be any pings when the engines are shut down.

Interesting theory. I'd like to hear more.

The best piece of information we have is the satellite chart.

It was created 7 1/2 hours after takeoff when the aircraft was expected to be out of fuel.

It is simplistic to say, "Full Tilt, you are wrong ".

There definitely was a signal and at a time when the engines were "likely" to be out of fuel.

DON'T throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Mandurah, Western Oz....or Wongawallan Qld......or....er..somewhere in-between

If they are anything like the engine monitoring systems in other industries, such as MTU in the marine industry which I expect they are, the pings are sending engine reading data based only on changes registered by the various monitoring points on the engine, such as manifold pressure, fuel rack settings etc. They only register and transmit a change, which may be quite a lot of changes in any given period, but if the engine is shut down there are no monitoring points active and nothing to read so no changes to register and therefore send.
    Larks

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind.... don't matter."

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Quote Originally Posted by Larks View Post
    If they are anything like the engine monitoring systems in other industries, such as MTU in the marine industry which I expect they are, the pings are sending engine reading data based only on changes registered by the various monitoring points on the engine, such as manifold pressure, fuel rack settings etc. They only register and transmit a change, which may be quite a lot of changes in any given period, but if the engine is shut down there are no monitoring points active and nothing to read so no changes to register and therefore send.
    I "expect" your experience with marine engines in this case is quite irrelevant.

I "expect" your experience with marine engines in this case is quite irrelevant.
    I doubt it
    Larks

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Probably more relevant to this case than your fantasy movie experiance. What's next, the plane sank but remained pressurized with the hijacked passengers alive inside? Just like the 747 in one of the Airport movies?

Ratus ratus bilgeous snipeous!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

BTW,

Ain't no such thing as "Im's a rat".

INMARSAT.

Sure...marine systems on high tech vessels are monitored and this data is supplied to the engine maker or management company ashore. I have no experience, so I cant tell you if the data is gathered, stored then sent or sent via inmarsat in real time.

as you know everything is possible. On an aircraft this is also possible...if you subscribe to the service. Evidently real time data via inmarsat it is not mandatory.

. I have no experience, so I cant tell you if the data is gathered, stored then sent or sent via inmarsat in real time.

why comment if you don't know after I've just described how they do??
    Larks

LPBC Beneficiary

A long and yet incomplete list.

American Black assets are not included. . . .
    Thats why their called black assets.
    We are just a bunch of monkeys--Bernard Motessier
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

why comment if you don't know after I've just described how they do??

You asked if MTU has data acquisition and reporting and I told you that they do .

shall I tell you again, shall I tell you once agian that this service is bought by the client .

i have an inmarsat terminal and can transmit any data that I choose.

What is your experience with inmarsat and MTU ?

I have a question regarding the controls on a plane like this. Could the flight systems be hacked into in such a way that the plane could be flown remotely from the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Woodward View Post
    I have a question regarding the controls on a plane like this. Could the flight systems be hacked into in such a way that the plane could be flown remotely from the ground?

Who's been watching too much TV now

No. many of the controlls necessary have no automatic function. There is no provision for any kind of remote access to autopilot either.
    Tom

Not that I'm aware of. However, even if they were, the solution would be to turn them off and fly the plane manually. The most modern plane can be dumbed down to a pilot with his/her hands on the controls and throttles.

edited to add: in addition, these systems can only follow a lateral track. Pilot action is always required to initiate a climb or descent. A preprogrammed climb or descent POINT can be programmed, but nothing will happen upon reaching that point until the crew initiates it.
    Last edited by CK 17; 03-21-2014 at 09:22 AM.
    We are just a bunch of monkeys--Bernard Motessier
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

I'm sure you guy's will figure it out eventually.

Who's been watching too much TV now
    Yes, of course. Your questions and musings are all reasonable, but his question is the result of too much tv.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by CK 17 View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. However, even if they were, the solution would be to turn them off and fly the plane manually. The most modern plane can be dumbed down to a pilot with his/her hands on the controls and throttles.

edited to add: in addition, these systems can only follow a lateral track. Pilot action is always required to initiate a climb or descent. A preprogrammed climb or descent POINT can be programmed, but nothing will happen upon reaching that point until the crew initiates it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wilkinson View Post
    No. many of the controlls necessary have no automatic function. There is no provision for any kind of remote access to autopilot either.
    Thank you

Can communicate across oceans with other cetaceans.

Has to know the whereabouts of the TRANSPONDER within 5000' to detect it's presence!!!

ROTFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by full tilt View Post

can't fly.

can fly.

Rotflmao
    ftfy

You asked if MTU has data acquisition and reporting and I told you that they do .

shall I tell you again, shall I tell you once agian that this service is bought by the client .

i have an inmarsat terminal and can transmit any data that I choose.

What is your experience with inmarsat and MTU ?
    Is this the twilight zone or something?? I didn't ask anything about MTU Slug, perhaps clean your glasses and go and have another read mate. And I can pretty confidently guarantee you that I know a bit more about MTU and their data logging and monitoring than you do.

Originally Posted by slug
    . I have no experience, so I cant tell you if the data is gathered, stored then sent or sent via inmarsat in real time.
    Last edited by Larks; 03-21-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    Larks

LPBC Beneficiary

I've been following Mr. Tilt's analysis as closely as possible, and of course it's very convincing, as far as I understand it, but I have another theory:

The whole missing-airplane thing is a diversion. The plane was hijacked, by the pilots or some flight-savvy passengers or whoever. They did some squirrely maneuvers (U-turn, off to the right, etc.) to discombobulate the traffic folk, and then took off South, emitting the occasional seductive bleep, and flew 'til they were out of fuel and crashed. Perhaps the perps were able to escape in yellow life rafts, perhaps not. Who cares?

Meanwhile, while most of the world's electronic and hardware attention is focused on the missing airplane, some nefarious activity in another part of the world, which might otherwise have been twigged by surveillance and stopped, is now coming to fruition.

The main attraction of this theory is that, overall, it can't be refuted, whatever happens; the details of the aircraft's perambulations are irrelevant. The notion that a nefarious activity (select your favorite) has taken place will notch up the terror quotient significantly, and justify whatever future surveillance and intrusion into any part of the world that authorities might wish to pursue in the future.
    What's his best time in the calf scramble?

You've been holding out on us.

It actually works much better that way. / Jim

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1727815

I've never seen so much back pedalling and couching of claims as what's happening now in describing this search of nowhere .

"It might not be a piece of MH370" is the biggest understatement in this farcical Red Herring of a search. They're not going to find anything.

I can accept a certain amount of deception from our security services, it comes with the territory,

but what's hard for me to accept is the price the loved ones are paying by being lied to about the "likelihood" of their husbands and wives,

brothers and sisters and mothers and fathers being lost at sea.

How long did it take to actually find the black boxes from the wreckage of The Air France 330? Two years. And they knew where that plane crashed.

You're worse than a little kid. "I want answers and I want them now" is the attitude you seem to display. Spoiled by quick acces to information. The world is a big place to search, especially the oceans, and you apparently expect miracles from a dearth of information.

Couching of claims is more necessary than ever in todays world as evidenced by your response to me when I said VHF and comm circuit breakers are "typically located in the flight deck. I wanted time to research it to be sure. I was correct in my recollection but had I not couched that claim and been wrong, you certainly would have been all over it, so without certainty sometimes that's the best answer that can be given.
    Last edited by Tom Wilkinson; 03-21-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    Tom

I think it's sadistic to hold out false hope to those left behind. They have to be going through hell. There is always a chance for a miracle, I'd be happy to see it, but it is wrong to string those poor people along on the slim chance thier loved ones are alive.

Mahatma Gandhi

It's, it's it's.... the ......GYRE!!!

That Aussie PM was so sure of 'imself when he told the world about the "substantiative" satellite photo evidence of the wreckage.

Now it's becoming clear we are being prepared for a let down.

The next news will be about how "impossible" the chance of finding wreckage, even though "we're sure it's there".

They can't keep it up much longer.

Wait for it.

Give him a day or two, he'll go back to being a nuclear power expert.

Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wright View Post
    As long as Full Tilt's imagination is running wild and he's so obsessively interested in aviation details, I just had a sweet thought:

Full Tilt locked in a dungeon with all of the 777 electrical schematics, a big stack of the them off in a pile in a corner. He's given three simple troubleshooting questions to answer, and a yellow magic marker to outline his answers on the relevant schematic sheets. If he gets the correct answers the door opens and he's free to leave. Wrong answers and he stays put and we never hear from him again.
    Got yer pink slip from Boing too, did ya?

Finally, DRONES!!!

Wolff Blitzer has just explained to America that Submersible Vehicles are really just "Underwater Drones". LOL

You couldn't write this stuff!

Fox finally said that the families of the airline victims are just like the Benghazi victim's families.

Wonder why it took them so long to mention Benghazi.
    Tom
    http://www.ccmanuals.com

'Don't fart, and then point at the dog'

Finally, DRONES!!!

Wolff Blitzer has just explained to America that Submersible Vehicles are really just "Underwater Drones". LOL

Well, both are unmanned. One operates in air. One operates underwater. Other than that, what's the differance. Both types can be autonomus or remotely operated, BTW.

Mahatma Gandhi

Finally, DRONES!!!

This is just getting too full of S#$%, so out out of here (Bilge), but I'll leave you with this statement chosen to match the level of logic and thought used by Tilty.

Unpacked reserved sir offering bed judgment may and quitting speaking. Is do be improved raptures offering required in replying raillery. Stairs ladies friend by in mutual an no. Mr hence chief he cause. Whole no doors on hoped. Mile tell if help they ye full name.

Style never met and those among great. At no or september sportsmen he perfectly happiness attending. Depending listening delivered off new she procuring satisfied sex existence. Person plenty answer to exeter it if. Law use assistance especially resolution cultivated did out sentiments unsatiable. Way necessary had intention happiness but september delighted his curiosity. Furniture furnished or on strangers neglected remainder engrossed.

As absolute is by amounted repeated entirely ye returned. These ready timed enjoy might sir yet one since. Years drift never if could forty being no. On estimable dependent as suffering on my. Rank it long have sure in room what as he. Possession travelling sufficient yet our. Talked vanity looked in to. Gay perceive led believed endeavor. Rapturous no of estimable oh therefore direction up. Sons the ever not fine like eyes all sure.

Style too own civil out along. Perfectly offending attempted add arranging age gentleman concluded. Get who uncommonly our expression ten increasing considered occasional travelling. Ever read tell year give may men call its. Piqued son turned fat income played end wicket. To do noisy downs round an happy books.

Scarcely on striking packages by so property in delicate. Up or well must less rent read walk so be. Easy sold at do hour sing spot. Any meant has cease too the decay. Since party burst am it match. By or blushes between besides offices noisier as. Sending do brought winding compass in. Paid day till shed only fact age its end.

So that proves it, they are unfortunatly dead, wish that wasn't the case.

Catch you above decks.
    Allan of the Grove - S/V Laura Ellen, 1937 Gaff Schooner
    http://aylard.ca http://bluenosejr.com
    "never send a ferret to do a weasel's job.."

Quote Originally Posted by S/V Laura Ellen View Post
    This is just getting too full of S#$%, so out out of here (Bilge), but I'll leave you with this statement chosen to match the level of logic and thought used by Tilty.

Unpacked reserved sir offering bed judgment may and quitting speaking. Is do be improved raptures offering required in replying raillery. Stairs ladies friend by in mutual an no. Mr hence chief he cause. Whole no doors on hoped. Mile tell if help they ye full name.

Style never met and those among great. At no or september sportsmen he perfectly happiness attending. Depending listening delivered off new she procuring satisfied sex existence. Person plenty answer to exeter it if. Law use assistance especially resolution cultivated did out sentiments unsatiable. Way necessary had intention happiness but september delighted his curiosity. Furniture furnished or on strangers neglected remainder engrossed.

As absolute is by amounted repeated entirely ye returned. These ready timed enjoy might sir yet one since. Years drift never if could forty being no. On estimable dependent as suffering on my. Rank it long have sure in room what as he. Possession travelling sufficient yet our. Talked vanity looked in to. Gay perceive led believed endeavor. Rapturous no of estimable oh therefore direction up. Sons the ever not fine like eyes all sure.

Style too own civil out along. Perfectly offending attempted add arranging age gentleman concluded. Get who uncommonly our expression ten increasing considered occasional travelling. Ever read tell year give may men call its. Piqued son turned fat income played end wicket. To do noisy downs round an happy books.

Scarcely on striking packages by so property in delicate. Up or well must less rent read walk so be. Easy sold at do hour sing spot. Any meant has cease too the decay. Since party burst am it match. By or blushes between besides offices noisier as. Sending do brought winding compass in. Paid day till shed only fact age its end.

So that proves it, they are unfortunatly dead, wish that wasn't the case.

Catch you above decks.
    You're speaking in tongues there Damian!

The Power of the Bilge Compels you!

Be gone Troll!

Speaking of the supernatural, here's a link to a psychic that was hired by families of some of the passengers.

She sees a crash and trees and some survivors being held in captivity.

Where do people get these crazy ideas?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/i-tend-to...missing-plane/

The next news will be about how "impossible" the chance of finding wreckage, even though "we're sure it's there".
    Ever been on a maritime SAR case? Are you aware of the challenges?
    I'll just take my chances with those salt water joys.

AR

Where do people get these crazy ideas?

What are you doing about it?