Page 814 of 816 FirstFirst ... 314714764804813814815 ... LastLast
Results 28,456 to 28,490 of 28532

Thread: Oz Politics.

Default Re: Oz Politics.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    I can't access files on your computer.
    Oh, so it is. Well, I'm not sure I want to forward you my login to the site I downloaded it from. Try Googling the British Standard number. The image above is a snip of the title page.

Quote Originally Posted by formerlyknownasprince View Post
    Oh, so it is. Well, I'm not sure I want to forward you my login to the site I downloaded it from. Try Googling the British Standard number. The image above is a snip of the title page.
    The only copies I could find required $$ and it ain't that important to me.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    The only copies I could find required $$ and it ain't that important to me.
    Hmm - mine was free. Hippy tax, maybe?

Speaking of things Free.....the subsidies for the building of Submarines looks like a sweet deal...all in the effort to replace Jobs lost in the Car industry, subsidised to the tune of 8%, and number of Jobs lost; 2000......... The subsidy for Subs? 300% ? Jobs created?

Interesting reading here:
    Exorbitant cost of the Coalition's renewed interest in manufacturing - Pearls and IrritationsPearls and Irritations

Before the budget Scott Morrison announced through Michelle Grattan a $1.5 billion plan to boost manufacturing in six priority areas – resources technology and critical minerals processing, food and beverage, medical products, recycling and clean energy, defence and space. Not surprisingly there was no critical examination by the mainstream media.
    Morrison said that Australia needs ‘to keep making things’. It sounded promising!

But hang on. It was only three years ago that the Coalition Government deliberately shoved our large car manufacturing sector out the door.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Well, heckfire and hotcakes, he's banned. Now we will never get to the bottom of...The Mystery of the Blue-Striped Pipe.
    Wasn't he banging on about this a year or two ago? The "mystery blue stripe poly pipe in Vietnam" thing has a distinct whiff of deja vu about it.

Pete
    Like a miracle, all the trolls disappeared

David Littleproud banging on about using science to open up state borders, but science be buggered when it comes to climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by epoxyboy View Post
    Wasn't he banging on about this a year or two ago? The "mystery blue stripe poly pipe in Vietnam" thing has a distinct whiff of deja vu about it.

Pete
    That's right. He's such an idiot. Found a bit of discarded ag pipe sticking out of the ground - you see this all over VN, and declares that he's found the NVA's secret fuel line to the south. When I had a laugh about how stupid that was, he launched a rant that went on for days with all sorts of `proof' that the soviets were supplying plastic pipe etc. Which no one was arguing against anyway, but everyone knew the bit of pipe in his photo had nothing to do with the NVA! Anyway, when he posted a whole lot of BS the other day about some other military thing, I made some stupid comment about the damned pipe and off he went again! I'm thinking there can't be much to do up there in wherever it is in Thailand, if that's where he really is.

So, now he's banned again? Or just disappeared - like a miracle!
    Last edited by RFNK; 10-22-2020 at 06:15 AM.
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

The markets in VN have lots of the stuff and in remote areas you see it trailing all over the place, supplying water to fields and homes and driving little hydro units. It's contemporary material - nothing to do with the war. Ian's entire argument was typically bogus.
    Rick

Re the post office watches affair. The contract concerned was about making the banks in rural areas pay the sub news post office contractors for the services the banks no longer supply. The contractors staff get about half what APO workers get for the same jobs. My local sub-news PO gets 5-700 parcels…a day! Getting the banks to pay was likely worth it.
    I'm more interested in the 27 mill land overpay to Lib. donors in NSW.
    I call distraction.

And on Victoria's latest Covid outbreak. Recent ones have mostly been amongst African communities in the northern suburbs whose community culture finds social isolation particularly difficult. Households are still meeting closely. Langage is a difficulty and has been all along.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 10-22-2020 at 04:32 PM.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

I haven't dropped in here for a while.
    How bloody hilarious! Symbol and his blue stripe. I'd have thought it should be purple...
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

I'll give AlwaysKnownAsPonce some credit. When he finally realised that the Colebatch stories about the radar and the HMS Speaker were a load of cobblers, he had the honesty to admit that he'd been taken for a ride.

Oh hang on, sorry, I forgot. He just skulked off and didn't have the integrity to admit that he'd been hoodwinked because he doesn't know the basics of how to tell if a story is BS or not.

He reminds me of that BigF we used to have here, but BF was banned and surely no right winger would abuse the contractual and intellectual property rights of a site owner and try to sneak back after being banned. Any right winger who did that would be a complete hypocrite.....

No no, that would never happen, but he did a brilliant impersonation…………...

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    No no, that would never happen, but he did a brilliant impersonation…………...
    I haven't been here for quite a while but I see not much has changed. It's good to see familiar combatants plus some new ones.

Any criticism of Aus's response, State and Federal, should be compared against this

(from the CV thread)

Pretty much every country's response looks good compared to THAT! NZ is a fairer comparison. We've done okay except for the Ruby Princess and the Vic quarantine fiasco.
    Rick

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Haven't they used the wrong colours to indicate Democrat states?
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Well at last the big shut down is coming to an end here in Vicco! Wind is blowing its guts out from the East and the local Flinders mussel boat is on the rocks!

Last edited by Hallam; 10-26-2020 at 01:30 AM.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Good day for Vics! Hope it goes really well!!
    Rick

Watched Q&A tonight. The oxymoron session - Politicians, honesty and ethics!

But all reasonable bar Sharma, a smarmy yes man if ever I saw one.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Watched Q&A tonight. The oxymoron session - Politicians, honesty and ethics!

But all reasonable bar Sharma, a smarmy yes man if ever I saw one.

I watched it too......What a slimy tosser he was!His first response to the question about a Federal ICAC was said everything in that it was devoid of relevance to the real issue! ......and its centrality to good government!! My taxes funding their game of funneling self serving buckets of money while people and programs that desperately need the funding miss out! I found myself giving him the finger and shouting obscenities at the blatant disingenuous persona he had plastered all over his face and the TV screen! It was sickening.

Bruce Cockburn

Politicians, honesty and ethics!
    An interesting collection of opposites.

There's more than a whiff of open political corruption in government these days. From the Airport land deal and Sports Rorts to APO watches, to $100,000 'loans' to from a cleaning company that got the contract for Vicrail and a migration racket in NSW. And plenty more where that comes from. But the politicians in power are often the chief beneficiaries, Morrison and sports rorts, our Fed. AG and the forged letters, the ALP branch stacking. With corruption at that level, a turned off public as a result and a compliant press, it's going to be very difficult to root it out.

..and then there's the Afganistan war crimes enquiry…………
    The biggest war criminals of all, the politicians who brown nosed the US and sent them there won't get a mention.

I see from headlines that Armidale's gift to the liquor industry, one B Joyce, has called for "a uniformed approach" to Covid.

The articles are behind paywalls so I can't work out whether he wants people wearing uniforms to take over the Covid response from scientists and doctors, or whether he wants an uninformed approach. Personally, I'd rather a uniform approach but Barnaby is different. After all, he's a man who is so heavily into family values that he had to have more than one family......

ANZ pulling out of the fossil fuel industry. This will be fun to watch.

So the NSW government wants to shut down 4 local schools and have just one mega school....I smell a land grab.

Ons Jeff Kennett, Lib. premier shut down many state schools in wealthy suburbs as populations aged. Another Lib Premier and real estate agent sold them for housing to largely building company donors. But now that generation changenfollows it's normal path their are now not enough schools, and no place to build them unless……… you are a wealthy private school recieving largess from the commonwealth LibNat government and can buy up house blocks and consolidate them………..

So….if we as a species don't do something about antromorphic climte change, here in Oz Delloit says it'll cost the Aus. economy 3 trillion or so. A Covid-cost hit every year. And the state most effected will be….Queensland…
    Ironic isn't it?

Q&A
    Nasty bit oif work Sheridan, but the that's not new. A Murdoch lap dog.

…and the Fed. ICAC proposal? lame by design.

Albo is doing a WHITLAM! Good on him!

Labor warns attempts by Donald Trump to subvert US election could threaten US-Australia alliance - ABC News

"Our partnership with the United States is an alliance between our peoples based on our common democratic values," Mr Albanese said.
    "I am concerned by any questioning which occurs of democratic values and democratic processes.
    "They are precious, they should not be undermined by any leader."

Bruce Cockburn

Scomo, to my mind, shows far too many trump tendencies both in his attitudes to heis own party's corruption and the kind of langage he is using.
    Of course a55 licking the US has long been snafu for Australian governments. But scomo takes the Guernsey for out anti-Chineseing donald himself.

Scummo is a fraud.
    Rick

He's a salesman, like the one's you remember from cheap, late night last century TV.

And being a happy clapper is likely the result of succumbing to the same techniques, or it's good for business contacts.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 11-03-2020 at 06:54 AM.