Page 746 of 746 FirstFirst ... 246646696736745746
Results 26,076 to 26,110 of 26110

Thread: Oz Politics.

Default Re: Oz Politics.

https://www.liberal.org.au/node/1000...c31ceb08754970
    filled it out, for all the good it will do.
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

^ I see they left out Climate Change completely. What a farce - prime example of asking a question so you get the answer you want.

They must hate this; https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ecast-for-2020
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    Well what do you make of this little gem?
    https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-...96?pfmredir=sm
    Wow - he could have worded that better.

To give him the benefit of the doubt, i think i understand what he probably means. But boy did he say it badly.

Muppet.

Imagine - he was nearly prime minister!!

Heil…. er…Dutton…….

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    ^ I see they left out Climate Change completely. What a farce - prime example of asking a question so you get the answer you want.

They must hate this; https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ecast-for-2020
    Climate change was there, it was the only one I was interested in.

https://sciencereligionspectrum.org/...limate-change/
    So much the separation of church and state.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    Climate change was there, it was the only one I was interested in.
    Bugger - it is, i missed it down there.

That Pentecostal thing is dreary reading. Only God can influence the climate - for F sake, have they never seen a polluted stream, do they keep their eyes closed on the train and miss the landfill site that train lines are? All around there's evidence of the pervasive affect man is having on the environment - but they can't make the imaginative leap to a national or global scale.

The more i watch modern 'conservatives' the more i believe its that imaginative leap that missing. They just can't think beyond what they want to believe.
    Barnaby Joyce's expressions about New Start epitomized it for me - he couldn't imagine someone having a hard time on little money until he lived that experience himself (on an income of what, $200k?).

Q&A. Malcolm sounds good, good enough to be a coalition PM………. hang on…………..
    Linking climate change and the conditions for extreme heat and fire.
    But then the stumps elected Morrison………. Serves them right.

Mal says that if he'd pushed the matter the right would have 'blown up' his government. Well he should have bitten the bullet and dared them. But no, when it came to it power was more important than the environment and Aus's climatic future. When it came down to cases he didn't have the guts. And I have no doubt that a Labour PM, wedged by Qld. miners, would do the same.
    But Mal is on the path to rewrite his own political history now. Familiar story.

Both mobs busy keeping their bums in their seats, all the while throwing everyone's grand children under the coal and oil fired bus.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 12-09-2019 at 06:23 AM.

SINGAPORE (THE BUSINESS TIMES) - A unit of Olam International is selling 89,085 megalitres (about 89 billion litres) of its permanent water rights in Australia to a related entity of the Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSP Investments), one of Canada's largest pension investment managers, for A$490 million (S$452.7 million).

The deal is expected to be completed in December 2019, whereupon Olam will receive cash proceeds of A$490 million. The agri and food giant is also expected to book a one-time pre-tax capital gain of about A$311 million.

Separately, PSP Investments has agreed to buy about 12,000 hectares of almond orchards and related assets in Victoria, Australia, that were previously leased to the Olam unit, Olam Orchards Australia (OOA).

Both the almond orchards and the associated water rights will continue to be operated by the subsidiary, said Olam.
    https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...-GgZpYVWWSzMao

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Q&A. Malcolm sounds good, good enough to be a coalition PM………. hang on…………..
    Linking climate change and the conditions for extreme heat and fire.
    But then the stumps elected Morrison………. Serves them right.

Mal says that if he'd pushed the matter the right would have 'blown up' his government. Well he should have bitten the bullet and dared them. But no, when it came to it power was more important than the environment and Aus's climatic future. When it came down to cases he didn't have the guts. And I have no doubt that a Labour PM, wedged by Qld. miners, would do the same.
    But Mal is on the path to rewrite his own political history now. Familiar story.

Both mobs busy keeping their bums in their seats, all the while throwing everyone's grand children under the coal and oil fired bus.
    I noted both major political parties described as ****e and ****e Lite.

WB now has a censor function, how about that.

Almonds, 8 litres per nut or thereabouts……………..

Not the ideal crop for a country running out of water.

Acres and acres along the Murray. I do not think they are there to make a profit, more to defray taxes in another part of the corporation.

New Drought Coordinator, General something? Already dodging questions about climate change and talking of band aid efforts. Trapped by the coalitions RW.

What are stumps? Or what is the etymology of the word in the context in which you use it?

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

I borrowed it from the American Press, Trump voters. I am still quite angry.

But you can't make stupid illegal.

Not that I expected Labor to be much more effective, they have their own factional problems as always, but they weren't the LibNats with their RW in control.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 12-10-2019 at 03:03 PM.

......starting to feel "watched" on my drive to work these days. There is a large new gamera on Peninsula Link on top of a long slope. I'm suspecting it's one of the new ones that detect drivers on their mobile phones. Then this morning there was a large drone with a police blue and black check band hovering to the left of the freeway as i drove past.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

With what's going on re the Gobbo affair and the Police and their Association fighting tooth and nail and spending big on unprincipled lawyers so as not to reveal anything at all. There are a few other matters also in train involving shortcuts and irregular methods, and then there's the fudging of the booze bus figures….. again. I think the police have rather lost their cred. lately.

New Zealand's Prime Minister pulls out the stops for a disaster. Australia's Prime Minister has a press conference in smoke shrouded Sydney about religious freedom

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-...esday/11786520
    NSW energy minister has blamed the bushfires on climate change.

It may be that the Religious Freedom shenanigans will be a can of worms that the LibNats will regret opening. There are some players there that are still desperate to remain under the public, and legal radar.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    It may be that the Religious Freedom shenanigans will be a can of worms that the LibNats will regret opening. There are some players there that are still desperate to remain under the public, and legal radar.
    They are looking at it purely from Christian perspective and I think it's going to bite them big time.

Nominally christian, there are some very warped players out there, and some outright long term charlatans masquerading. They all seem to want to discriminate at their own whim, including the Catholics who do not want abuse by their clergy treated as a criminal matter.
    As I said, a can of worms. Criminal worms.

LOL. I note that all but one LibNat pollie is running for cover, with signs that their climate change denying policies wheels are falling off. The power companies are signalling large increases next year, business has already long acnowledged the effects that they will feel, but the pollies, on their xmas break, are absent and dodging photo ops and interviews other than Albinese smooging the Queensland miners.

But the stumps still elected them…..

Life wasn't meant to be Albanese. But he's doing okay.

NSW Liberals starting to worry about climate change - it's about Time.

Rick

Listening to developments on the noon ABC CA programme, there are signs of electoral panic. Climate change has caught up with the LibNats and Labour is lucky to be out of it. 60% of coal fired power is obsolete and in 5 years will not be there. The Government has left their run very late.

Serve the stumps right, the rest of us not so much.

And guess what, the fertility rate is down. No wage rises, unafordable houses, unafordable child care, climate change worries, and education.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 12-12-2019 at 02:36 AM.

Interestingly Gary, under Morrison's bill the only group not allowed to discriminate on the grounds of belief are………. those with none. The religious can discriminate against atheists, but not the other way round.

Surely it will not even get past the lower house…………..

I wonder how the discrimination law will work?

I'm hired to work in an aged care facility. I'm a Buddhist and the facility is Anglican. They'd prefer an Anglican but they can't find anyone to do the job - so they settle for me.
    Next month an Anglican turns up - can they now fire me and hire the Anglican? I haven't done anything wrong, i'm just a different religion, but good enough to work there last week...... By hiring me initially they are showing that the religious angle is superficial at best.
    Is there going to be any kind of consistency test?

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/program...CFkNDdy0F_I87w

Experienced fire management staff who've been made redundant by the New South Wales government say they're being asked to return to help fight fires - without pay.

As bushfires continue to rage across the state, former staff are returning to assist with managing the vast swathes of National Parks that are burning.. or already burned.

It follows successive years of budget cuts in the department.

Another question Gypsie, I don't believe in anything at all, and I reckon that all religions are the biggest con. ever perpetrated. Consequently I refuse to employ anyone who is part of that con. on religious grounds…….
    How's that work for you?

It's a fair point. When I was a school principal, if I'd had a teacher who wanted to teach the children that there really are fairies at the bottom of the garden, the parents and the government would have expected me to prevent that. Yet the government wants to protect prospective teachers who want to teach children that they shouldn't be concerned about climate change because Jesus will soon arrive in a golden chariot and sweep everything away and send all the good children (those with faith (i.e., deluded) to heaven. Etc.

Rick