Page 759 of 814 FirstFirst ... 259659709749758759760769809 ... LastLast
Results 26,531 to 26,565 of 28481

Thread: Oz Politics.

Default Re: Oz Politics.

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    Send him to Manus. Lose the documentation.

Rick
    Now if we can just get him to cough on Scumo.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

So Dutton and everyone he's been in contact with since his return from the US will now self isolate. I'd like to see that list.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    It's going to get worse. Every pensioner that doesn't have a mortgage has just ordered $725 in toilet rolls. Bitcoins have been replaced by toilet rolls and bank tellers and ATMs have the new title of dispensers. Banks are already bankrolling the rollout of the roll economy. Income splitting remains acceptable but sharing of assets is now frowned upon as distasteful. As shortages continue, mummies have been advised against passing low-vision clinics, along with other bandaged personnel.

Rick
    The A$ will soon be cheaper than toilet paper. A bit shiny though.

Oh, that's right. Got to use a $5.00 to wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post

Government issue.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    Now if we can just get him to cough on Scumo.
    no need........he's been kissing his ass for long enough!
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

That's good,!

Remember that shiny stuff we had at school when we were kids? I think they must have wanted us all to have a nice, all over tan.

Rick

MG (machine glazed) litho paper was very, very cheap and being phased out as a print paper. It was first mooted for newspapers but wasn't suitable for that either.

So Dutton is infected, the PM refuses to be tested, says Cabinet doesn't need to. And then there's Ivanka if I'm not mistaken. And where did Dutton get it? Ivanka or her entourage? all the recent OS contacts have been American.
    So the rules for the Government are different to the rules for anyone else?

The Chief Medical Officer has made a 'diplomatic' decision buy is that good enough?
    Norman Swan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Swan) is very concerned, the politicians should step back and leave this to the medical authorities to run.

Virus kneecaps government, people who know what they are doing take over.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    Virus kneecaps government, people who know what they are doing take over.
    What, Bigfella?

I think you guys have been here too long. You’ve caught the US habit of politicising every single thing. I’m sure that’s going to work out as a very useful tactic in the face of a national emergency.

Hi Shamus! You'll need to be more specific - which things have 'we' politicised? You might need to exclude the things which the government has politicised ....

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by phil y View Post
    what, bigfella?

Sent from my cph1851 using tapatalk
    rotflmao

More useful communication here from a satirical organisation than the Libgnat Government:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hks6Nq7g6P4 ('bad language' alert whatever that is these days)
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I think you guys have been here too long. Youíve caught the US habit of politicising every single thing. Iím sure thatís going to work out as a very useful tactic in the face of a national emergency.
    As for tactics, hygiene, care about others, conservation of your own resources, and don't panic. But I imagine depression will become a problem for many as just the idea of isolation sets in.

I said further up we have a 3rd rate politician with a backstabbing RW doing his best in the circumstances he's been pitched into. We are all playing catch up. This is a very big thing and normality in a lot of situations is no longer. Morrison's 'war cabinet' should have included the opposition leader as well, but that's a step to far for them I think. Albo might well be considering himself lucky that the ALP didn't win.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 03-14-2020 at 03:43 AM.

I think he was pretty happy about that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Morrison's 'war cabinet' should have included the opposition leader as well, but that's a step to far for them I think.
    I’m not really getting the picture here. It should all be left to the medical professionals and the politicians should stand behind them for photos. So the purpose of including albo would be for the photo opportunity then?

Well 'leaving it to the experts' is not on the PM's agenda yet I think Shamus, but it may become so.
    I agree, the medico's should be fronting this, not politicians. Medicos annd public health experts shoud have been from the start but that's the world we have. This has been such a fast developing situation that I doubt anyone could have foreseen it's speed and virulence or the effects it will have on our lives, and deaths.

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...eads-the-world

See what I mean?

So, do you think more action has been recommended by medicos but suppressed by gov’t?
    What’s the evidence?
    Now, I saw the bloke on the drum last night. He seemed to want someone else, a ‘real expert’ in charge. While I personally agree with him that they should be going harder right now, how would it look for the government to dump its epidemiologists and the chief medical officer (who was getting a bit snappy with ill thought ought press questions today)
    and what sort of questions would that invite from the press.

The fact is, there are some questions, of money, logistics, law and representation of interests which may not immediately occur to someone whose pure focus is stopping an epidemic, which are the legitimate concern of government. Both federal and six or seven others. And there are medical concerns and advice from the federal dept of health and the coordination with seven other similar departments. And that’s what we’ve got as far as I can tell. That’s what they both say in public.
    so what is the evidence that it’s not so?
    Personally, i’d do something a bit harsher right now, but even a person of my arrogance doesn’t actually think I know more than the docs in charge. I did pick up a hint somewhere that they’re saving ‘isolate yourselves’ for later because they don’t think people can hack it for long. I’m already holed up, so I guess i’ll Find out.

NoI do not think any actions have been suppressed, but I'd be surprised if the went the whole hog straight away and frightened the horses. The football season will be enough of a shock for many, especially if it gets amongst the teams. I can imagine wives pulling the plug on their player husbands flying to and fro.
    And yes you have a big point re the knock on effects to other ministries, but rather like the bush fire press conferences, I'd like to see the pollie take a back seat. And BTW, I don't think that the opposition would have made less mistakes, just maybe different ones.
    Regarding being holed up, so are we most of the time with plenty to do. But if I was stuck in suburbia, or worse a flat, then it'd be a different matter.

Well here’s a couple of things i’ve thought of. I’d been thinking about buying a decent mulcher chipper thingy for the garden so I ordered it from the local mower shop. If we all get quarantined and I can’t pick it up for a couple of months at least he has the cashflow, but I think it should arrive in the next week so i’ll Probably be able to get it. He can load it on the Ute. If it sits in the sun for a couple of weeks before I unload it it should be sterilised. There’s a little family cafe where We often have coffee. I’ve made arrangements to buy virtual coffees from them, weekly as usual, like a rain check which can be redeemed slowly when life gets back to normal. Still thinking about a couple of other things. If you like this idea, spread it.

We bought a big new chipper a couple of weeks ago, we wear them out.
    I like the idea of keeping the codffee shop afloat. Neigbour I met this morning was in Aldi yesterday, people were just scooping anything off the shelves into the trolley.
    Interesting watching the breakdown of society isn't it? There's worse to come I reckon.
    Sailing club is still operating, not much wind and a bit cool here.
    Take care Shamus and everyone else.

On chippers. I bought quite a decent sized one a couple of years ago, but I don't use it. Seems to me anything that's not self feeding, like the roadside tree loppers use, is next to useless. You seem to have to trim the branched down to individual sticks to push them through. So we just have a big burning pile. Any thoughts or experience to share? Am I doing something wrong? Or do I just need to get a big assed 80 HP turbo diesel Bandit of chipper?

A lot of what I want to bust up is just stuff like potato haulms, broccoli stalks and stuff like that. There’s also a plant which tries to take over on stony banks that can’t be slashed, locally called fireweed, which has a shallow root and pulls out easily. Usually we pull it out, chuck it on a blackberry, and later burn the lot. It has a bunch of woody stalks about 10mm dia, and I think it might make a reasonable carbon source for the compost.

Are we still laughing at the preppers? I bet it hasn’t been them unloading the rice and canned beans off the shelves. Our own cupboards aren’t quite prepper like, but because we’re 20ks from the shop we have 3 of everything we regularly use, so that there’s never any need to make a special trip for something you ran out of.
    Press has gone full catastrophe this morning, after spending the last few weeks laughing at people stocking up.

Stocking up on basics is of course a necessity for all who live away from cities and towns. Stocking up in the city makes little sense and quickly turns to selfishness in a context where so many are simply unable to stock up.

Rick

On the subject of toilet paper I did find this on an incorrect blog which I occasionally read for research purposes.
    This is toilet paper heaven. Yards of it for every wipe.
    ooh arrr, that’s sounds heavenly Mizzzz Lizzie.
    I’m down to using a rabbit and washing him afterwards.
    I don’t like it, and neither does he.

struth. Clip the rabbit’s nails.
    safety tip

I’ve found you’ve gotta hold him just right, they can get quite cranky.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    We bought a big new chipper a couple of weeks ago, we wear them out.
    I like the idea of keeping the codffee shop afloat. Neigbour I met this morning was in Aldi yesterday, people were just scooping anything off the shelves into the trolley.
    Interesting watching the breakdown of society isn't it? There's worse to come I reckon.
    Sailing club is still operating, not much wind and a bit cool here.
    Take care Shamus and everyone else.
    Blowing it's ring out here...Redwing has the shakes. Woke up to sunshine but it's spitting rain now.

Aisle 13 at the local supermarket this morning......

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Interesting substitution

Interesting substitution

Shake Spray and Wipe???

Bruce Cockburn