Page 745 of 745 FirstFirst ... 245645695735744745
Results 26,041 to 26,063 of 26063

Thread: Oz Politics.

Default Re: Oz Politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    Anyone done Morrisons We want to hear from you survey? Farce at its best.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk
    I nearly did, I started but exited out.
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    I nearly did, I started but exited out.
    And that's part of the problem. Statisticians have a word for it. The opposite to a random sample. So the results will be biased towards redneck conservatives. Scroll down, tick Climate change, deselect the junk mail box and submit. You're welcome.

I note that the religious freedom bill has been………….postphoned.
    No one is happy with it neither the religious institutions that want to be able to discriminate, nor those who want even less opportunities for it. It's a can of worms and I reckon will haunt Morrison ond the Coalition for a long time precisely because that Pandora's box has been well and truly dismantled and I cannot see any compromise succeeding. The opportunity for bullying that bill through the senate has passed I think.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 11-30-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Hmm, doesn't update…….

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

The problem with the religious freedom thing is there is no obvious problem.
    If we knew what they were trying to solve the solution might be obvious. But its clear, there is no problem. Other than the fervent religious of the Libs party didn't get their way in the gay marriage referendum.

I recently came across Francis Fukuyama describing America as a 'vetocracy' (where the power to veto is greater than the power to do), and it is making sense more and more for here as well. Though definitely not as hopeless as the USA.
    A small few can hamper progress/change extremely effectively. It makes changing anything really difficult and very painful - even when the war is lost, as in Gay marriage, they can carry the pain right to the bitterest of bitter ends.
    On the flip side, its really easy to dismantle things, like an emissions trading scheme. So the trend is backwards.
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

What they really want is the 'freedom' to discriminate, to demonstrate prejudice. I'd make any legislation dependent on their ability to prove their claims of divinity and to be the authorised representatives of 'god'.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    What they really want is the 'freedom' to discriminate, to demonstrate prejudice. I'd make any legislation dependent on their ability to prove their claims of divinity and to be the authorised representatives of 'god'.
    This....

Water wars on the news agenda this morning.. And a warning of a coming recession in Aus…….. but housing prices continue to escalate.
    I'm glad we have no debt.

And in Vic. the Libs, who sold off the power generation assets (and got a good price) are complaining that the Government is not ensuring continuation of supply come hot weather.

And Aussie Math education is down the gurgler, largely because teachers are not valued enough to pay math graduates enough to go into the field.

And for those less fortunate weather wise, it's rained heavily on and off all night here and the SWester continues unabated..
    Last edited by skuthorp; 12-03-2019 at 04:34 PM.

[QUOTE=skuthorp;60

And Aussie Math education is down the gurgler, largely because teachers are not valued enough to pay math graduates enough to go into the field.
    [/QUOTE]
    Teachers pay seems to be pretty good actually. Getting permanency is a bastsrd though.

Jeeze! That last pic, is that real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    Jeeze! That last pic, is that real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's the colour of the land. I love a sun dried burnt land.

This is all new'

Rural Fire Service (RFS) state coordinator Wayne Waltisbuhl said they were dealing with an unprecedented fire threat and he expected it to continue through to February due to a lack of rainfall.
    "The sort of environment that we're in now, no-one has seen before," he said.
    "This is all new, the fire behaviour is all new, as far as resourcing we've never been at a point when we've run out of our own resourcing but we've had to start to tap into some international support that's coming in.

Take care. How is your tank holding up?

Looking at those ariels, especially the 5 months span round Glen Inness, I'd say the future has definitely arrived.

Re Witness J, secret organisations, secret prisoners, secret trials, secret prisons, but then ASIO has the authority to disappear anyone it pleases, and their relatives are not permitted to even mention it. The NKVD are alive and well and operating in Australia. But then Aus. has always had an authoritarian streak.

I mention Morrisons "On the water matters" and continuing refusal to answer questions.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 12-04-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Take care. How is your tank holding up?
    We're fine, tanks are low and we missed out on collecting from the downpour last weekend due to a clogged intake.
    The quote is from a fire in QLD. These fires are taking out the crowns as well.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-...pHHQsAkiUzlHIk

I'm not quite sure i understand whats happened with the "Bash the unions, ignore the banks", laws.
    Have the Libs just taken the same thing and shoved it back into the inbox?
    How many times can they do that?

Unions don't donate to LibNat politicians, ergo……………….

Banks do, and their boards are nice sinecures for coalition politicians' post-dated bribes.

I've been following the days proceedings in our venerable parliament today. On and Off. https://www.theguardian.com/australi...-politics-live

More like a fist fight.

Angus Taylor called Labour antisemitic because they asked him about the Naomi Wolfe thing. Huh?

I think labour have got the measure of the Libs - might be a short lived thing.
    Seems the Libs are terrible at busking. Set piece, marketing campaigns, "quiet Australians - how good are they", great! Responding to the ball on the volley, not so hot.

I have often said that parliament and party politics is no place for a person of principles, morals or ethics. Far too many lawyers there for a starter, that profession being rather short of all of them.
    Lambie being the accidental holder of that power became wedged and her principles compromised. The government allowed her access to information that no independent, or back bencher for that matter would normally be allowed and in doing so put her in an impossible position. Whether the government "information'' was accurate, or indeed factual we will never know, and neither will she most likely.

I note fire has jumped the Warragamba Dam, burning on both sides.
    A bushfire can pollute a water storage compelling it to be taken out of service for some time.

And I see that Morrison, in the search for efficiency is combining the Education and Employment dept's., may hap to produce factory fodder as in past years, and more concerning Environment…..and Agriculture.
    a Nat portfolio Two dept. heads to go, and many staff, and the LibNats get a supine replacement. I note that Arts disappears as well. A leaf out of Donalds book leading to further privatisation of the PS?

And then there's further developments in the Witness K matters. A representative democracy and it's justice system only works because we trust them not to lie to us too much, be accountableand to do what they were elected to do. I am not at all confident that this government, and by ministerial direction some of it's departments, can be trusted at all.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 12-05-2019 at 04:43 PM.