Page 756 of 770 FirstFirst ... 256656706746755756757766 ... LastLast
Results 26,426 to 26,460 of 26941

Thread: Oz Politics.

Every now and then you see a perfect cartoon:

Sent from my T85 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Oz Politics.

…….and of course they wil get away with attempting to buy the election, and maybe even succeeding. Let alone other 'unlawful expenditure' that's been uncovered. Every coalition MP and 'advisor' who continues to support this government is an accomplice. What you walk past you condone. But I don't expect the Fed. Police to bother with this one, too busy not prosecuting journalists……… yet………. to continue threat to further revelations.

A RW partisan organisation now, akin to the old special branch, which is a shame as they can and do have an essential function.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Nothing matters anymore.
    Governments can bribe and pork barrel - doesn't matter.

Labour gave exposing it a shot, but it just didn't seem to get traction - the deflection techniques are too well honed.

Great cartoon Rick!
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

"Regional" eh?

Well, it really benefits country people the most. People in Sydney have lots of other options so Nth Sydney pool has lots of space for visitors from the regions. Visitors like to come to Nth Sydney to use the pool because they have none of their own. Hence the government is kindly helping regional people by improving the pool they like to visit in Nth Sydney.

Thanks for reminding us of this Jeff! Every now and then I forget what a thoughtful and generous government the idiots who voted for them have provided for us!

Rick

From now on I will regard every liberal or national politician as an accessory to a criminal executive government, or guilty of what used to be caled 'consorting'. What you walk past you accept.

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    Every now and then you see a perfect cartoon:

Sent from my T85 using Tapatalk
    Bugger, you beat me to it...mines better though
    Potatoehead.jpg
    The social contract that bestows authority — both moral and legal — on our political leaders is struck on the trust that they know what they are doing and will always act in our best interests:

Seems that subsidies for renewables is to be rerouted to other technologies, Lithium, Hydrogen and……..wait for it……. Carbon Capture!!!!!

Of course the elephant in this room is the transmission network that cannot cope with all the renewable power available already.

Carbon capture is something they've talked about for the last 20+ years but done nothing about.
    The social contract that bestows authority — both moral and legal — on our political leaders is struck on the trust that they know what they are doing and will always act in our best interests:

There are actual scientists working on development of carbon capture systems but, while they might get somewhere with that, it's unlikely and all the claims made by the government and the coal industry on this `technology' so far are BS.

Rick

I think there is one power station in the Hunter that is capturing about one percent of its co2 emissions. I think the reason it's not happening is because it's too damned expensive to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    There are actual scientists working on development of carbon capture systems but, while they might get somewhere with that, it's unlikely and all the claims made by the government and the coal industry on this `technology' so far are BS.

Rick
    Most of it will end up as just another coal industry subsidy, by another name.

I suspect all of it will end up as no more than an excuse to keep subsidising the coal industry.

Rick

I note that Sports Rorts, bribery, and 'unlawful spending' by a government to win an election has dropped of the medias and the Fed Police's agenda completely.
    So now we know that buying votes is at least 'overlookable' we can look forward to much more of it next time round.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    I note that Sports Rorts, bribery, and 'unlawful spending' by a government to win an election has dropped of the medias and the Fed Police's agenda completely.
    So now we know that buying votes is at least 'overlookable' we can look forward to much more of it next time round.
    If it's not front page in the Herald Sun and other Murdoch press it doesn't get much traction. Just think back to Rudd Gillard years the various mostly beat up scandals and the Murdoch press. WHAT AN "F"ING JOKE!
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

Don Chipp set up the Democrats to deal with this stuff. Labor and Kernot destroyed them. Now the only party with integrity, love them or hate them, is the Greens. So, if you want the rorts to continue, vote Labor or Coal. If you want rorts and criminal behaviour highlighted, vote Greens and never fund any Murdoch enterprise. Australian politics are hopelessly corrupt and unless we all bite that bullet, it'll get worse.

Can anyone else BELIEVE that the Royal Commission into the fires is a closed court? Why aren't the media screaming about that?

Rick

Oh you'll get told what they want you to know eventually. Or not.

Menwhile I also note that the areligious disrimination bill is panned by all those unauthorised god franchisers because they cannot get their particular shtick covered.

I'm so sick of that nonsense. The Mongolian Frog Worshippers won't stop croaking about it, the Baptists are giving us Hell and the Angels of Meteorology are kicking up a real storm. Meanwhile, the Catholics, Anglicans and Buddhists won't stop praying for the day when they can return to abusing children without being hindered by any public clamouring.

Rick

Some of them have never stopped………………...

The Virus; They are looking for a plane load of passengers that came from Italy with an infected woman, and a weeks worth of customers from a Qld. 'beauty salon' where the operator has it.

It's going to get very difficult in the next year I think.

And I've lost my phone……….. seriously lost.

I'm already wondering if it will affect my trip to WA in September.

7.30 on Alinta, sold to the Chinese who evidently are not adhering to 'secret' conditions set by the Board. Dodgy practices in the FIB, and scumo's hands all over it.

And I note also a less than thorough AFP investigation of ther Taylor affair. Why am I not surprised?

And Palmer facing criminal fraud charges over matters years ago when he was just elected.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 03-02-2020 at 03:59 AM.

And the Auditor General's office just dumped scummo in it again re sports rorts, and changes made in his office about 4 hours after the election was called.

The ALP is going on the attack over the Sports Rorts again, and the legal fraternity via James Renwick also
    over the recent Secret Trial of an intelligence operative.

1.1 billion in torts according to this.
    https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/nati...csUjr0N0MYcCo4

Found my phone……………….. in Anne's 'other' handbag………………..

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    1.1 billion in torts according to this.
    https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/nati...csUjr0N0MYcCo4
    That's a lot of tortes!

Rick

"This invites a bigger question about these political acts of noblesse oblige – politicians are too busy trying to buy elections to consider what principles might be involved in making free with other people’s money."

Of course it's crooked, but I'm not at all sure the ALP would want to say too much about it lest their skeletons run lose.
    It seems politics is inherently a crooked game that either ettracts crooks, or moulds them.

I warched that, painful though it was. He wasn't pleased I'd say. She won, but she had better material.

Remember that 2 billion dollar bushfire fund? Well apparently it's only a notional fund. What that means is it doesn't actually exist...It's another lie.
    Last edited by WX; 03-04-2020 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Used wrong word.

So that's why the small businesses along the coast haven't been getting their grants……...

The side effects of the Virus continue to expand, many conferences, the latest James Bond film, the shortcomings of everybody's health systems.
    Note the RN on the Sth Korean experience 5 weeks from their first person to person infection.
    Infection centres in hospitals, gyms, indoor sporting facilities. And a 14 BILL. package to deal with itss' repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    Remember that 2 billion dollar bushfire fund? Well apparently it's only a notional fund. What that means is it doesn't actually exist...It's another lie.
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...64FNsZZNEzkcaw

So that's why the small businesses along the coast haven't been getting their grants……...

The side effects of the Virus continue to expand, many conferences, the latest James Bond film, the shortcomings of everybody's health systems.
    Note the RN on the Sth Korean experience 5 weeks from their first person to person infection.
    Infection centres in hospitals, gyms, indoor sporting facilities. And a 14 BILL. package to deal with itss' repercussions.

And now, The Strategic Bog Roll Reserve…………

Tongue in cheek on RN.