Page 744 of 805 FirstFirst ... 244644694734743744745754794 ... LastLast
Results 26,006 to 26,040 of 28152

Thread: Oz Politics.

Default Re: Oz Politics.

Well well, the Chinese try to get a plantin the Government party? Is anyone surprised?
    After all Whitlam had a Mafia plant in his government. The Americans do not need to. Neither does Israel.
    It's not new.

.......and the young wealthy car dealer involved was found dead in a motel room in Melb after spilling the beans to ASIO. Better be careful what I write I suppose as about half the population of students where I work are chinese and the school has activly built strong connections to china during the past 15 years. They even ran the Olympic torch through here for the Beijing Olimpics.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    If trump loses the election he will be like a balloon that after it's inflated is let go without tying the knot and it farts about the room bouncing off walls, ceiling and windows, in a fatally erratic implosion! Those near him will be blown away!

Peter and I had a correspondence over many years as to what will happen in Aus. when we no longer have a reasonably friendly 'great and powerful friend', and China fills the vacuum. Well we were correct in our assumptions of what direction things would go.
    It's very sad not to have him to discuss these developments with. But so far they are running true to our estimations. I'd be surprised if there are not plants in Parliament House already.

I've been to Parliament House and can report that, indeed, there are plants there.

Rick

And parasites.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

Plenty of them Phil, all those 'advisors' whose job it is to filter information so as ti give their boss deniability in the house.

Westpac CEO has departed, or was pushed. And the axe must slice down the chain of command to anyone with any authority who knew, and did not act.
    But I bet no one will go to jail or no bank will lose it's licence.

And China? Well, they have the whip, and money hand. They can't lose really.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 11-26-2019 at 02:58 AM.

Anyone keeping an eye on the Aged Care RC? (Maybe I'm the only one in the age bracket!)

The model pursued of privately owned 'for profit' facilities is possibly the worst option, but the Aged Care Industry is a powerful lobby, and a big provider of party's funds. Home based care, decentralised and locally provided in the home will not. A way to go yet, 120,000 waiting.
    Personally I hope for the capability of making my own decisions at the time. My sailing canoe stands ready for a trip half way to Tassie.

Indeed. I think I've mentioned that when my time comes, I have a fantasy of sailing south until it's suffiently cold to fall asleep and let hypothermia keep me that way. My mum got dementia very early and suffered for a long time. Probably my greatest fear.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Westpac CEO has departed, or was pushed. And the axe must slice down the chain of command to anyone with any authority who knew, and did not act.
    But I bet no one will go to jail or no bank will lose it's licence.

And China? Well, they have the whip, and money hand. They can't lose really.
    The whole thing is obscene. A NT woman went to jail for a bit of shoplifting yet these scum get to quit with a massive golden handshake. They should be treated the same as drug dealers, time in prison and their ill gotten assets stripped.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

I wonder what would happen to me if i facilitated child prostitution?
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Oh they only cleaned the money Gypsie, as long as a bit of it found it's way into party coffers that's OK and the offence can be publicly condemned, and any action delayed and eventually be swept under the political rug. As long as the money continues to flow.

Does anyone else think that the ALP might be wiping it's brow with gratitude about losing the election? Housing, wage rates, household debt, the drought/climate change, political corruption….on both sides, the defence challenges to come, AI. And then there's the problem of trust in the democratic system when both sides seem to be doing their best to compromise it.
    And if/when we have a recession?

Interesting discussion on The Drum re the rules and ethics for independent weapons systems here, and the likelyhood of different ethics from potential enemies.
    China is reputedly selling the Blowfish, an independent weapons system helicopter but I cannot find any reference to it.

And for some good news, the marriage rate is up, well up………. and the increase is all same sex marriages…………… The triumph of hope over experience? Or am I too cynical?
    Last edited by skuthorp; 11-27-2019 at 03:25 AM.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-...dlife/11733956

Anyone see the footage of the iconic Victoria Falls, it's drying up.
    I think we are seriously F'd.

Oh and co2 emissions are up.

So same sex marriage causes global warming. I knew it was wrong. Wink. Chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Interesting discussion on The Drum re the rules and ethics for independent weapons systems here, and the likelyhood of different ethics from potential enemies.
    China is reputedly selling the Blowfish, an independent weapons system helicopter but I cannot find any reference to it.

And for some good news, the marriage rate is up, well up………. and the increase is all same sex marriages…………… The triumph of hope over experience? Or am I too cynical?
    I tried marriage once, over rated.

Hmm, thats what the staff in the bakery were talking about yesterday, over rated and unsafe.
    Second time round seems to have worked for me…………………..

I'm not done with my first one yet.

Neither was I……………….

LOL, well at least she's one of very few bank execs in the clear. First class candidate for CEO if you ask me.
    If she wants it, and the recovery operation will be 'difficult' I'd say. I have no illusons about the bank not surviving. In fact 'too big to fail' likely means the fines will be 'moderated' in the public interest……...

Looking forward to the rest of the episode of the Happy Angus...

and Silly Scott show!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    If trump loses the election he will be like a balloon that after it's inflated is let go without tying the knot and it farts about the room bouncing off walls, ceiling and windows, in a fatally erratic implosion! Those near him will be blown away!

Happy Angus

Hanson and Lambie, who'd a thunk it eh?

But Pauline is intimating that she might support it if the 'circumstances' (meaning what's in it for me?) were different……………….. "Listening to the people"….Pauline says……….

Meantime in Victoria, shades of Bob Askin,………. bags of cash delivered weekly to ALP councillors and candidates………… from a developer………. by an ex Lib politician. This developer and poliies of both parties are up to their necks in it, big projects that never should have been approved were…… and the developer now in his 90's will get off scot free even if he lives.

BTW, on Angus and his inflation of the figures. Present thinking seems to be that there never was an altered document, rathe Angus grabbed the figure out of the air whilst on his feet and did not give himself time to self adjust to a believable figure…………………….

Pretty smart for a Rhodes scholar

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Tony Abbot was a Rhodes scholar.

Angus is all bull, although he might become a steer soon.

Rick

LOveryL

Excrable Eric is accusing Hanson or Lambie of a "lack of integrity" over yesterdays los of the Union Busting bill. At least I think itwas Hanson, itwas hard to tell.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

I mean ........ "Go Hanson"??? Is that possible?

I see our ex-friends hero is still at it;

...last week.......the Australian’s editorial pages carried a piece from mining industry figure and geologist Prof Ian Plimer, who claimed there was no evidence that humans caused climate change, the rapid and observed polar ice melt was “unsubstantiated”, and all climate models had failed.
    Dr Twila Moon, of the National Snow and Ice Data Center at the University of Colorado, summarised: “This article is a laundry list of falsehoods, misleading examples, and facts taken out of context. It is appalling that such a blatantly false article can be published in any credible news outlet today.”Plimer’s statement that “there are no carbon emissions” was “so absurd as to almost defy comment,” said one scientist. How about Plimer’s claim that it had “never been shown that human emissions of carbon dioxide drive global warming”?
    “Literally the whole field of climate science for the last 30 years has shown this,” wrote Dr Alexis Berg, of Princeton University.
    Just - wow!
    Last week!!
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

And idiots are still blaming the greens for the bushfires.

A certain type of politician has been around for a long time giving more reason to keep them in check! The horse has already bolted during the past few years.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"….merely private citizens……"

Remember our present PM's 'on the water matters' that we were not allowed to know about?
    And now his refusal to answer questions about a range of subjects. He regards us as 'sheeple' I think, especially after hi win in the last election, and I agree to the extent that those who voted for him deserve what ever comes as a result.

Anyone done Morrisons We want to hear from you survey? Farce at its best.