Page 725 of 746 FirstFirst ... 225625675715724725726735 ... LastLast
Results 25,341 to 25,375 of 26100

Thread: Oz Politics.

Default Re: Oz Politics.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    We certainly are with the present mob of brain dead wankers.
    You come up with your earlier rubbish... get shown you are wrong... and still make a comment like this.

You do understand where the brain dead appear to be don't you?

And

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    A majority of pollies went to private schools, a bigger majority of their kids do. What do you expect?
    Again... you've just been shown that funding per student to Government schools is $4,000 a year more.

Brain dead too?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Yer not brain dead big fella, yer brain washed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post

There really are a lot of internet fleas around at the moment
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

First Dog with some practical solutions to micro plastic pollution.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...poU2olwkCrszqY
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

Catholic and independent schools will receive an extra $4.6bn over the next decade in a peace deal with the two non-government sectors after the Catholic sector bitterly opposed the Coalition’s 2017 schools funding changes.The prime minister, Scott Morrison, and the education minister, Dan Tehan, announced the funding fix on Thursday, after months of backroom negotiations started by former minister Simon Birmingham before Malcolm Turnbull was deposed.
    The deal introduces a new direct measure of parents’ income to determine schools funding, as recommended by the Chaney review, and gives “overfunded” schools an extra two years to transition down to 80% of the schools resource standard.
    It also creates a $1.2bn fund for ill-defined priorities to improve “school choice and affordability”, which Tehan described as “sector-blind” despite the fact only independent and Catholic schools can apply. Guardian Australia understands the fund was not on the table until the last month, after the Liberal leadership and education portfolio change.
    https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ing-peace-deal

They are finding microplastic in new snow falling in antarctica. Plastic has changed the worlds physiology, and likely evolution.

Have they changed the accounting conditions for the Catholic Education Office? What goes on there is a scandal and there is no effective audit.

Have they changed the accounting conditions for the Catholic Education Office? What goes on there is a scandal and there is no effective audit.
    I don’t know it’s not something I keep abreast of.

A majority of pollies went to private schools, a bigger majority of their kids do. What do you expect?

??? Did you guys actually bother to read and comprehend post #26125 ??
    Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
    “It’s risky”, said experience.
    “It’s pointless”, said reason.
    “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Quote Originally Posted by Larks View Post
    Yes and did you read 26133?

Jones may have pushed his luck with this.
    Yes, this is what it’s come to. One of Australia’s loudest shock jocks issuing violent language against one of the few female leaders of the world, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern.The comment came on air this morning from Alan Jones, in response to Ardern declaring that Australia must “answer to the Pacific” on climate change — just as Pacific leaders were preparing for a day of closed talks in Tuvalu, with Australia expected to water down the final communique.
    Jones responded by calling Ardern “a joke”, “an absolutely and utter light-weight” and a “clown” who had swallowed the [climate change] hoax”, who in his mind needs shutting up.
    “I just wonder whether Scott Morrison is going to be fully briefed to shove a sock down her throat,” he said.
    “She is a joke this woman, an absolute and utter light-weight.”
    2GB had run Jones’ comment in a headline on a story declaring he’d slammed the New Zealand Prime Minister. Perhaps it was later deemed inappropriate — given 2GB has since amended it to include the softer comment from Jones that Ardern“is a joke”.
    https://womensagenda.com.au/latest/j...-shove-a-sock/

Jones is, I reckon, in sync with the LibNats on climate policy because the party is being held to ransom by the right who, reportedly, threatened to cross the floor over the issue. Jones likely has that position because he's paid to have it, after all he's said as much.
    I am rather ashamed to call myself an Australian over the goings on in Tuvalu re "don't mention coal''. There are other issues too, like ASIO and their ilk attempting censorship, or just shutting down of the press. Those who would trade freedom for security will end up loosing both" to paraphrase the quote. And then there's witness K. That stinks to high heaven and all concerned are still covering up.
    Like Australia's island prisons. Like the sabotaging of the tax system for short term electoral advantage.
    Australia will of course pay. But then Australia elected them didn't they? And then there's gambling momey, and a Fed ICAC…….. sadly most parties are implicated in those matters.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 08-15-2019 at 06:29 AM.

Thepoint Larks is not who has responsibility for funding schools, the point is the degree to which the government is giving money to schools who don't need it.
    They're giving money to schools that are making profits in the millions, so its going straight into shareholders pockets.

Just another way of taking some of everyones money and giving it to the richest people in the country, in the name of diamond plating their kids schools.

Knox Grammer will have a better theatre than nearly every professional theatre company in Australia (bar the top state companies). Why is it important for the government to contribute almost half a million dollars to that, and say, not ensure it gets to one of the many public schools whose students reside in prefabs?

Clearly you don't see a problem there so we'll just have to disagree.

"Sector blind" provided you are a private school........

How is this okay, how come our politicians aren't jumping up and down and demanding tighter oversights and tougher penalties for over spending?
    You know like those being forced on people trying to survive on the pittance known as Newstart?
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-...ances/11421224

Saw this in the New York Times. Corruption and destruction go hand in hand, it seems.

How One Billionaire Could Keep Three Countries Hooked on Coal for Decades

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/15/c...core-ios-share
    We're merely mammals. Let's misbehave! —Cole Porter

I did Gary, which is why I asked if you’d read the one that I had posted - which I thought had (perhaps wrongly) had clarified the makeup of school funding

Thepoint Larks is not who has responsibility for funding schools, the point is the degree to which the government is giving money to schools who don't need it.
    They're giving money to schools that are making profits in the millions, so its going straight into shareholders pockets.

Just another way of taking some of everyones money and giving it to the richest people in the country, in the name of diamond plating their kids schools.

Knox Grammer will have a better theatre than nearly every professional theatre company in Australia (bar the top state companies). Why is it important for the government to contribute almost half a million dollars to that, and say, not ensure it gets to one of the many public schools whose students reside in prefabs?

Clearly you don't see a problem there so we'll just have to disagree.

"Sector blind" provided you are a private school........
    I don’t know anything about Knox grammar and clearly I’m missing something here, but it seems to me that the the general thought through this discussion is that anyone who sends their children to a Catholic or other religious based school or anything other than a State school (Government sector school), must be wealthy. And that anyone who sends their children to a State school must be poor...????
    Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
    “It’s risky”, said experience.
    “It’s pointless”, said reason.
    “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

We have a married couple friends, both who teach in the Catholic sector. They are having a sleep in in our spare room as I type. One at a top fee paying school, the other in a struggling one. Part of the problem, if you accept the principle of subsidising a church based school is that the money to the Catholic sector (and maybe other religious sectors) is paid into the Education Office and it's up to them to distribute it. Aleegations are that most goes to the big profit making schools, and not to where it's needed most. There is no independent audit of the subsidy so who knows.
    It's been so for a long time.

Frankly I'm more disgusted at our Government's behaviour in Tuvalu. But then that's been going on for a while too, Australian governments' disgusting behaviours.

I did Gary, which is why I asked if you’d read the one that I had posted - which I thought had (perhaps wrongly) had clarified the makeup of school funding

I don’t know anything about Knox grammar and clearly I’m missing something here, but it seems to me that the the general thought through this discussion is that anyone who sends their children to a Catholic or other religious based school or anything other than a State school (Government sector school), must be wealthy. And that anyone who sends their children to a State school must be poor...????
    I know a number of people who sent their kids to catholic schools who were not rich but found the money. I believe because the class sizes are smaller. I should ask some of them why.

We have a married couple friends, both who teach in the Catholic sector. They are having a sleep in in our spare room as I type. One at a top fee paying school, the other in a struggling one. Part of the problem, if you accept the principle of subsidising a church based school is that the money to the Catholic sector (and maybe other religious sectors) is paid into the Education Office and it's up to them to distribute it. Aleegations are that most goes to the big profit making schools, and not to where it's needed most. There is no independent audit of the subsidy so who knows.
    It's been so for a long time.

Frankly I'm more disgusted at our Government's behaviour in Tuvalu. But then that's been going on for a while too, Australian governments' disgusting behaviours.
    Comments by Michael McCormack have been at best disrespectful but the man is just another coal loving climate denier. He stated we just gave $500 million to our Pacific Islands friends. What he didn’t point out is that it’s not new funding but rather aid money that has been taken from somewhere else. These idiots have no idea of the damage they are doing.
    As for Alan Jones comments about NZs PM which he will no doubt get away with...what an execrable bit of low life he is.

BTW, re my comments about the Catholic Education office and Audits, the banking RC has shown us that the myth of the Independent Auditor may be just that, a myth.

Comments by Michael McCormack have been at best disrespectful but the man is just another coal loving climate denier. He stated we just gave $500 million to our Pacific Islands friends. What he didn’t point out is that it’s not new funding but rather aid money that has been taken from somewhere else. These idiots have no idea of the damage they are doing.
    As for Alan Jones comments about NZs PM which he will no doubt get away with...what an execrable bit of low life he is.
    You ought to hear what the Kiwis living here say about her. She's featherweight, at best... just mouthing populist sentiments. Look at what she stood for at the election. Look at how she got power. Look at her Deputy.

BTW... aid money isn't an entitlement. We are free to give it, or not, as we please. Maybe we should stop giving it for a while.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    You ought to hear what the Kiwis living here say about her. She's featherweight, at best... just mouthing populist sentiments. Look at what she stood for at the election. Look at how she got power. Look at her Deputy.

BTW... aid money isn't an entitlement. We are free to give it, or not, as we please. Maybe we should stop giving it for a while.....
    Who’s talking about entitlement? Scomo has given the impression that it’s new funding when all he has done is stripped it from somewhere else. Anyway it’s an insulting sop...here’s half a billion now shut up about our coal.
    As for Jacinda, if you don’t like her she must be doing something right.

600 jobs on a temporary basis against preservation of rainforest with millions of years of history and species development.
    The protesters were correct, and the police, though wedged, were the instruments of private profit and destruction.
    And Ian commenting about Jacinta and his kiwi mates opinions? phfft…...

Who’s talking about entitlement? Scomo has given the impression that it’s new funding when all he has done is stripped it from somewhere else. Anyway it’s an insulting sop...here’s half a billion now shut up about our coal.
    As for Jacinda, if you don’t like her she must be doing something right.
    Spoken like a true leftie. None of it is new money. It's OUR money. Those of us who pay tax, that is. You should try it sometime... it might give you a new appreciation of the political playground.

Spoken like a true leftie. None of it is new money. It's OUR money. Those of us who pay tax, that is. You should try it sometime... it might give you a new appreciation of the political playground.
    You need to brush up on your comprehension skills again and once again you resort to attempted insult...because it doesn’t work anymore. Good for getting women banned but not me.

You need to brush up on your comprehension skills again and once again you resort to attempted insult...because it doesn’t work anymore. Good for getting women banned but not me.
    Attempted insult? Where's the insult? If I wanted to insult, I'd do it.... but I'm a nice chap.

It's not about money for Tuvalu, a million truckloads won't help there, except I suppose with a million truckloads of money they could buy their way into almost anywhere. There's not many of them, less than a footy crowd at a minor oval.

I expect we have a lousy, and deservedly so, reputation round the pacific. After the Timor spying matter I would not be surprised at all. We have long since missed that boat.

Attempted insult? Where's the insult? If I wanted to insult, I'd do it.... but I'm a nice chap.
    Your social skills leave much to be desired then.

Your social skills leave much to be desired then.
    I'm sure I can find a lady or two to speak for my social skills...........

China?

Jones gets one more chance. I would have shown him the door.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-...n-2gb/11424876

This is a time when I really miss Peter as the China/US issue comes to the fore. And just as it's playing out as we had discussed for quite a few years. I frankly don't think this Government, or the Opposition know what to do or even how to start, having had their head in the US sand bucket for far too many years. Both would have been badly split by the issue. China is well on the way to surrounding us with influence and personnel in the Pacific islands and PNG for that matter. They sent a gunboat a couple of monts ago just to show the flag. Add in the influence of China in our universities and schools caused by the reliance of fees to finance their operations. Uni. funding being cut back by the Libs over some years.
    We have well and truly missed the Pacific relationship boat and that has been obvious for quite some time. Naru and Manus do not help. I doubt we can resist being corralled into the Chinese version of the Greater Co-prosperity Sphere in the quite medium run. Money talks and the Chinese have scads of it. Aus. with this government has made a choice and it will have consequences. The US OTOH only has debts caused by their hubris, lies to their own citizens and OS adventurism on behalf of private business. donald has likely changed the course of what can risibly be called US foreign policy irrevocably but it always has weather vaned back and forth with changing admin's.
    We arte living in interesting times eh?
    Last edited by skuthorp; 08-17-2019 at 06:19 PM.