Page 694 of 816 FirstFirst ... 194594644684693694695704744794 ... LastLast
Results 24,256 to 24,290 of 28526

Thread: Oz Politics.

  1. #24256
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,275

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinian View Post
    He isn’t very attractive, is he?

    Yes Gary, there’s warming.

    Sku, did you, like me, just read George Galloway’s article on Boris Johnson?
    Are you sure, I mean I wouldn’t want to trap into an opinion?
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  2. #24257
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Livin' in the Golden Triangle
    Posts
    24,137

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    I read the article and saw nothing in it that would lead me to think he's vile.

    Are you sure it isn't just your personal prejudices at work?

  3. #24258
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Livin' in the Golden Triangle
    Posts
    24,137

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Interesting case developing with Folau

    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-...fight/11233698

    I don't agree with Folau's message - but I support his right to say it.

    I hope Rugby Australia lose the case.

  4. #24259
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,275

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Interesting case developing with Folau

    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-...fight/11233698

    I don't agree with Folau's message - but I support his right to say it.

    I hope Rugby Australia lose the case.
    Yep, freedom of speech but not freedom from consequences.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  5. #24260
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,275

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    I read the article and saw nothing in it that would lead me to think he's vile.

    Are you sure it isn't just your personal prejudices at work?
    Quite sure.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  6. #24261
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,275

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  7. #24262
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    63,337

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Well, Australia voted for 'em, serves us right.

  8. #24263
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Livin' in the Golden Triangle
    Posts
    24,137

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Well, Australia voted for 'em, serves us right.
    Indeed it does. But will you learn from it? Nah....

  9. #24264
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Livin' in the Golden Triangle
    Posts
    24,137

    Default Re: Oz Politics.


  10. #24265
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,275

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    The Liberal propaganda wing.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  11. #24266
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    63,337

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Oh I've learned from it, the voters, and the country can be bought………..

    I don't know why I've been concerned for the place's future all my life, wasted effort and time.

  12. #24267
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Livin' in the Golden Triangle
    Posts
    24,137

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    The Liberal propaganda wing.
    Class warfare at it's best. Sling insults based on position, rather than make any reference to content. I'd expect no less from the left.

  13. #24268
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,275

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Class warfare at it's best. Sling insults based on position, rather than make any reference to content. I'd expect no less from the left.
    I didn’t sling an insult I stated a fact. The IPA is a right wing think tank that promotes the Liberal Party and at times quite extreme conservative ideas.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  14. #24269
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    63,337

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    I think he's just repeating the company line, and himself Gary………..

  15. #24270
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Livin' in the Golden Triangle
    Posts
    24,137

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    I think he's just repeating the company line, and himself Gary………..
    I suspect that the inaugural Chairman may be a distant relative of yours (and perhaps even me)

  16. #24271
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Above flood level, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    18,607

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Meanwhile the Mr Potato Head is developing his character further:



    https://www.theguardian.com/australi...e-nauru-claims

    What a vile and evil scumbag he is.

    I wish he'd rot in hell with that other vile hypocrite Folau, who, despite his millions can't be bothered spending any more of his own cash to launch legal action he'll probably lose. I wonder if he's ever worn polyester-cotton? Did he know Alan Jones is also gay?

    I used to think Australia might be over the ultra right wing after WWII, but apparently these Nazis won't go away.
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

    The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

  17. #24272
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Livin' in the Golden Triangle
    Posts
    24,137

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gibbs View Post
    Meanwhile the Mr Potato Head is developing his character further:



    https://www.theguardian.com/australi...e-nauru-claims

    What a vile and evil scumbag he is.

    I wish he'd rot in hell with that other vile hypocrite Folau, who, despite his millions can't be bothered spending any more of his own cash to launch legal action he'll probably lose. I wonder if he's ever worn polyester-cotton? Did he know Alan Jones is also gay?

    I used to think Australia might be over the ultra right wing after WWII, but apparently these Nazis won't go away.

    According to the Department of Education in your state of origin, this post is racist. Your lowering of the tone of the place is not appreciated. Shame on you.

  18. #24273
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    63,337

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    HC says it's political free speech…………….

  19. #24274
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Livin' in the Golden Triangle
    Posts
    24,137

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    HC says it's political free speech…………….
    As well it should be... but that doesn't make it either non-racist nor right.

  20. #24275
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    63,337

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Well if politicians and their flunkeys and hangers on had to adhere to those principles…….. and there I go again, 'politician' and 'principle' in the same sentence.
    If our 'leaders' can get away scot free under the HC ruling then, rather like the tainted AFL and the fuss about a gambler, why should the rest be lumbered? I agree that it's not right, but then the same rules should apply to all or to none.

    Fraud is fraud and misrepresentation is misrepresentation no matter what the HC says.

  21. #24276
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,275

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    As well it should be... but that doesn't make it either non-racist nor right.
    Racist, my freckle.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  22. #24277
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Livin' in the Golden Triangle
    Posts
    24,137

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    Racist, my freckle.
    I posted the link. It's what the Department of Education in a socialist-run state defined as being racist.

    You guys have to cop it. You've voted in the turkeys that generate that sort of crap.... or is it just that maybe you are a dinosaur?

  23. #24278
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    63,337

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    If that principle does not apply to electoral matters and politicians and their parties, and it doesn't, its not worth the paper it's printed on as an instrument to flog the racism horse.

  24. #24279
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Livin' in the Golden Triangle
    Posts
    24,137

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    If that principle does not apply to electoral matters and politicians and their parties, and it doesn't, its not worth the paper it's printed on as an instrument to flog the racism horse.
    Eh?

  25. #24280
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,275

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    I posted the link. It's what the Department of Education in a socialist-run state defined as being racist.

    You guys have to cop it. You've voted in the turkeys that generate that sort of crap.... or is it just that maybe you are a dinosaur?
    In Duncan’s post there were no references to skin colour or race...or even cultural heritage. So I fail to see any racist content. This is the second time you’ve tried this on.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  26. #24281
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,275

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Two years old, in detention and denied a birthday cake.
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world...ziIf8GjhTV8OSg
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  27. #24282
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Livin' in the Golden Triangle
    Posts
    24,137

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    In Duncan’s post there were no references to skin colour or race...or even cultural heritage. So I fail to see any racist content. This is the second time you’ve tried this on.
    What try on? Here's the direct quote:

    Racist bu​llying

    Racist bullying occurs when someone is belittled, mocked, intimidated or shamed because of their:

    • physical appearance
    • ethnic background
    • religious or cultural practices
    • the way they talk or dress.

    Racist bullying can range from casual but hurtful remarks, to deliberate physical and verbal attacks.
    Unfortunately, racist bullying continues to occur in our school communities.​

    ................

  28. #24283
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,275

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    What try on? Here's the direct quote:

    Racist bu​llying

    Racist bullying occurs when someone is belittled, mocked, intimidated or shamed because of their:

    • physical appearance
    • ethnic background
    • religious or cultural practices
    • the way they talk or dress.

    Racist bullying can range from casual but hurtful remarks, to deliberate physical and verbal attacks.
    Unfortunately, racist bullying continues to occur in our school communities.​

    ................
    So if I make a comment about your height I’m being racist!?
    i don’t think that was the intent behind the ruling.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  29. #24284
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Livin' in the Golden Triangle
    Posts
    24,137

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    So if I make a comment about your height I’m being racist!?
    i don’t think that was the intent behind the ruling.
    If it is done to belittle, mock, intimidate or shame, then that's what the Victorian Dept of Education define it as. So, watch it Shorty.

  30. #24285
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,275

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    If it is done to belittle, mock, intimidate or shame, then that's what the Victorian Dept of Education define it as. So, watch it Shorty.
    Sir sir Ian is being racist.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  31. #24286
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    63,337

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Shortist…..Anne complains about that every time our tall neighbour comes over and indicates she can walk under his extended arm…...

  32. #24287
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wongawallan Oz
    Posts
    16,044

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    I look in here from time to time and see the same quibbling going back and forward over and over about the same issues over and over and often wonder why I don’t see anyone paying much concern over this, which personally I believe to be a much more urgent and greater tangible threat to our environment than global warming.

    The vid’ says this is on the Amazon but I saw and was sickened by this same action daily for the 4 months that I was in Vietnam last year, trucks and residents simply hurling all of their rubbish into the river alongside the prawn farms and fishing ports that are now essentially devoid of fish stocks, forcing fisherman further and further afield to find a catch.

    When it boils down to it, this seems is as much a cultural issue as anything else - both in consumer behaviour and disregard for the environment and needs a massive cultural shift world wide to fix it - but what are any of the worlds governments doing about it?




    Bye the way - if any of you had ever actually met the guy you’d have found that PD is actually quite a nice and personable bloke. But I guess it’s pretty easy to make disparaging personal remarks about a guy based just on how he’s portrayed in the media...........rather hypocritical given the levels of righteous indignation expressed about not all that dissimilar behaviour elsewhere on this thread, but easy.
    Larks

    “It’s impossible”, said pride.
    “It’s risky”, said experience.
    “It’s pointless”, said reason.
    “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

    LPBC Beneficiary

    "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

  33. #24288
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Livin' in the Golden Triangle
    Posts
    24,137

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Larks View Post
    I look in here from time to time and see the same quibbling going back and forward over and over about the same issues over and over and often wonder why I don’t see anyone paying much concern over this, which personally I believe to be a much more urgent and greater tangible threat to our environment than global warming.

    The vid’ says this is on the Amazon but I saw and was sickened by this same action daily for the 4 months that I was in Vietnam last year, trucks and residents simply hurling all of their rubbish into the river alongside the prawn farms and fishing ports that are now essentially devoid of fish stocks, forcing fisherman further and further afield to find a catch.

    When it boils down to it, this seems is as much a cultural issue as anything else - both in consumer behaviour and disregard for the environment and needs a massive cultural shift world wide to fix it - but what are any of the worlds governments doing about it?




    Bye the way - if any of you had ever actually met the guy you’d have found that PD is actually quite a nice and personable bloke. But I guess it’s pretty easy to make disparaging personal remarks about a guy based just on how he’s portrayed in the media...........rather hypocritical given the levels of righteous indignation expressed about not all that dissimilar behaviour elsewhere on this thread, but easy.
    Couldn't agree more on both issues. The plastic thing in Asia seems based on previous behaviour with banana leaf wrapping. Throw it and it's good... it makes good fertiliser. Not so much with the plastic... and that follows through with the burning they do up here. It's hard for us to criticise it.... we still do it in Oz too.

    Re PD.... I haven't met him, but I have met many others who get criticised the same way. I had a long chat with Cory a few years back. Nice guy... don't agree with some of his ultra conservative religious views... but his voters do, so he's representing a view that many hold. I'm not going to sling abuse his way for that.

  34. #24289
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Livin' in the Golden Triangle
    Posts
    24,137

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Shortist…..Anne complains about that every time our tall neighbour comes over and indicates she can walk under his extended arm…...
    Indeed.... the Princess has her high heels on here.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Attachment 38877

    Eid Mubarak everyone. Politics content... Just bumped into Turnbull

  35. #24290
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,275

    Default Re: Oz Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Larks View Post
    I look in here from time to time and see the same quibbling going back and forward over and over about the same issues over and over and often wonder why I don’t see anyone paying much concern over this, which personally I believe to be a much more urgent and greater tangible threat to our environment than global warming.

    The vid’ says this is on the Amazon but I saw and was sickened by this same action daily for the 4 months that I was in Vietnam last year, trucks and residents simply hurling all of their rubbish into the river alongside the prawn farms and fishing ports that are now essentially devoid of fish stocks, forcing fisherman further and further afield to find a catch.

    When it boils down to it, this seems is as much a cultural issue as anything else - both in consumer behaviour and disregard for the environment and needs a massive cultural shift world wide to fix it - but what are any of the worlds governments doing about it?




    Bye the way - if any of you had ever actually met the guy you’d have found that PD is actually quite a nice and personable bloke. But I guess it’s pretty easy to make disparaging personal remarks about a guy based just on how he’s portrayed in the media...........rather hypocritical given the levels of righteous indignation expressed about not all that dissimilar behaviour elsewhere on this thread, but easy.
    There are a number of compostable alternatives on the market including clear bags that look like plastic but are completely organic in content. One of the conditions put on food traders at Kerry's events is that they use compostable containers and utensils.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •