Page 646 of 752 FirstFirst ... 146546596636645646647656696746 ... LastLast
Results 22,576 to 22,610 of 26286

Thread: Oz Politics.

Default Re: Oz Politics.

A song for Barnaby and Littleproud.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m80jt6bm6ZA
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by purri View Post
    Succinct. BTW OZ freshwater fish aestivate.
    I dunno, you and yer big words.

^ Yer and you just a big girls blouse
    Xanthorrea

I see the pm is waving his small stick in Vanuatu hoping to outpoint the Chinese. I wonder if they've mentioned climate change and sea level rise to him yet?

'' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Just thought I’d share this with you.
    A6C9DDA1-E257-4E08-A2C7-6F88DD7AD167.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Stopped the rivers as well.

yabber, yabber,.........

typical uninformed rubbish from the left.

Here... inform yourself a teenie little bit (you did learn to read, didn't you?)

https://www.pc.gov.au/research/compl...hts/annexb.pdf

Some here might remember... although based on the level of their posting, I doubt it.... that I had a conversation with Carr when he was first elected Premier and asked him what he wanted to be remembered for? "Saving the rivers of NSW". Well.... it's his legislation that's led us here.

You blokes just blindly vote for anything pink, green or red.... without ever doing the research. You deserve what you get.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Carr left NSW politics in 2005, so in the last 14 years the NSW government couldn't find a way to guarantee environmental water flows? No of course not because that wasn't their priority was it?

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    Carr left NSW politics in 2005, so in the last 14 years the NSW government couldn't find a way to guarantee environmental water flows? No of course not because that wasn't their priority was it?
    Didn't educate yourself, did you?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

So NSW labour was not efficient, didn't keep to its promises, were dishonest, were crooked? Well we knew that. Describes NSW governments since the Rum Rebellion. And 14 years isn't long enough to fix it? To stop water theft, to stop inspectors being suborned? Of course it isn't, it's just another NSW government!

I had some inter dept dealings with Ms Davis of DPI back in 2008 re water flows and Aboriginal built heritage. To say that she considered her DPI brief was paramount was too modest a word.
    Xanthorrea

Kelly O'Dwyer is quitting politics………………..

"The Liberal Party will lose one of its most senior women and moderate figures with Jobs and Industrial Relations Minister Kelly O'Dwyer to quit politics.
    Ms O'Dwyer was flanked by Prime Minister Scott Morrison on Saturday afternoon as she announced she will not recontest her Melbourne electorate of Higgins at the election.
    She said she was "absolutely confident" Mr Morrison would lead the Coalition to victory in March but she could not personally commit to another three years in public life.
    Ms O'Dwyer said part of her motivation was her desire, at 42, to have a third child and "everything will have to go right" for that to happen.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Didn't educate yourself, did you?
    Oh Ian please enlighten us mere mortals as to what the Government of NSW has done over the last 14 years to guarantee environmental flows...oh please do.

Oh Ian please enlighten us mere mortals as to what the Government of NSW has done over the last 14 years to guarantee environmental flows...oh please do.
    Strewth.... it's not hard to understand why you couldn't hold down a job. You really can't follow a line of discussion, can you? At least purri has a valid excuse.... or so he says.

Strewth.... it's not hard to understand why you couldn't hold down a job. You really can't follow a line of discussion, can you? At least purri has a valid excuse.... or so he says.

Ad hominem ad nauseam...................
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

RDS projection without logic. Back to yer quasi philosophical querencia/kennel eh mugilah! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Xanthorrea

Quote Originally Posted by purri View Post
    RDS projection without logic. Back to yer quasi philosophical querencia/kennel eh mugilah! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Pure piffle, but we know that's all you are capable of. Do continue.

I always find it interesting in Ian's posts just what he regards as an insult………………… to others likely not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    I always find it interesting in Ian's posts just what he regards as an insult………………… to others likely not so much.
    I would have bitten a few years ago but bait goes stale quite fast.

I always find it interesting in Ian's posts just what he regards as an insult to others likely not so much.
    Insult? Why is the glass always half empty for you?

Funny that, you and a couple of others always raise that whereas I regard myself as a supremely fortunate and happy man. Just a cynical one of course, the two go together quite well. And over the years a degree of cynicism has proven to be wise.
    Our glass is brimming over, and we can afford to help a few others along the way
    Last edited by skuthorp; 01-19-2019 at 06:33 AM.

Funny that, you and a couple of others always raise that whereas I regard myself as a supremely fortunate and happy man. Just a cynical one of course, the two go together quite well. And over the years a degree of cynicism has proven to be wise.
    Our glass is brimming over, and we can afford to help a few others along the way
    Indeed. First day back on duty but it was a quiet day.

We had an interesting one last sunday. Our marathon race up the river and back. Started off 10-12 kts against the tide. Finished up well over 30 against the tide again. Cartwheeling boats, stranded Sailboard riders, boats on sandbars and the rubber duckie back up rescue boat was in as much trouble itself. But all ended up well, not even much broken gear though one Cat sailor in a tip over fell from the top hull to the bottom one and holed his boat with his own butt.

Well, that's lovely. I'm currently putting together a trip down the Burmese border to visit some folks stuck in refugee camps there.

Why don't you come and get your hands dirty?

See what a mess Labor left behind last time... when they let 50,000 self-nominating economic migrants jump the queue
    Last edited by The Bigfella; 01-19-2019 at 07:10 AM.

Well, that's lovely. I'm currently putting together a trip down the Burmese border to visit some folks stuck in refugee camps there.

Why don't you come and get your hands dirty?

See what a mess Labor left behind last time... when they let 50,000 self-nominating economic migrants jump the queue

"Well, that's lovely." = is condescending, in the context of this post.

"I'm currently putting together a trip down the Burmese border to visit some folks stuck in refugee camps there." = about ME, I'm doing something good and worthwhile for refugees.

"Why don't you come and get your hands dirty?" = Why don't you be like ME?

"See what a mess Labor left behind last time..." = Now it's about politics, your politics,

"when they let 50,000 self-nominating economic migrants jump the queue " = your politics caused the refugee problem I'm responding to!

..........much seems to be self evident from a discourse like this. Mostly it leaves me scratching my head at its vanity and banal expression not to mention that it's totally unnecessary.

I'm taking it as a closing statement that sums up the content and validity of the argument as a response, that began began with the quote below...........about the politics of water........I just love the continuity of thought!

.........Ha ha ha ha!

It's interesting how the discourse progressed from this;

yabber, yabber,.........

typical uninformed rubbish from the left.

Here... inform yourself a teenie little bit (you did learn to read, didn't you?)

https://www.pc.gov.au/research/compl...hts/annexb.pdf

Some here might remember... although based on the level of their posting, I doubt it.... that I had a conversation with Carr when he was first elected Premier and asked him what he wanted to be remembered for? "Saving the rivers of NSW". Well.... it's his legislation that's led us here.

You blokes just blindly vote for anything pink, green or red.... without ever doing the research. You deserve what you get.
    Last edited by Hallam; 01-19-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

Observation directs me to avoid anything LIb Nat or advice from the condescending font of poposity who has set himself up to offer ethical advice to others.
    Grateful Dead

^ That's why I refer to it as Rex Magister or Pontifex Maximus.
    Last edited by purri; 01-19-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    Xanthorrea

January 26...Rum Rebellion Day.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Default Oz Politics.

I see the whinge princess is doling out the usual carp. And he,s going to get his hands dirty! Bet he carefully applies hand cream first.

That,s the thing about charity tourism, you can take part without any real sacrifice. Just takes means. Then you can tell everyone how good you really are in spite of the self evident truth telling otherwise - and on the way out you can adopt the smug smile of self-righteousness.

It is a win win for those who have and like to look down on the great unwashed (while keeping their hands clean of course).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

^Res ipso... and so as DTC so eloquently put it...
    Xanthorrea

I actually do acknowledge that Ian, at some risk, has been to refugee villages that few countries immigration officials ever visit (largely because the country that they are in does not allow it) and helped them write applications on official forms.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

My point goes to motivation.
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    My point goes to motivation.
    We have our theories but that is for Ian to ponder.
    Grateful Dead

Oh look, a left-handed circle jerk