Page 644 of 816 FirstFirst ... 144544594634643644645654694744 ... LastLast
Results 22,506 to 22,540 of 28530

Thread: Oz Politics.

Default Re: Oz Politics.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Crypto craptic RDS. Anyone for a decoder ring? Maybe CRuddock has one at the local Hills District neo-craptofascist LIBS HQ under lock and key?. I do hear that the Parrot aka Perrotet, Hawke et anors are in quite a bitch slapping contest to maintain their intra party fiefdoms post State and Federal elections as the usuals with the usual do an ISIS fragmentation.

No doubt Labour will do the usual in state and federal spheres as per the instruction manual post 2028. Mission managers all!
    Last edited by purri; 01-06-2019 at 03:18 AM.
    Xanthorrea

I am fairly sure the old OzPol thread was never what it seemed, and that aspect got well out of hand on occasion. But Ian's tendency to press buttons and Scot's rigorous and formal enforcement of the rules constrained my contributions on that subject. But that has gone out the window, there'd hardly be a contributor left since donald was gifted the job and the bilge became a lot less polite.

C&P's from the Oz do not constitute introducing topics, but It did start off less formally and in a more friendly tone, till a couple of women dared to join in………..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    As usual, you are wrong, out of touch and just generally off-beam. The original OzPol thread was well scrutinised and, as Jeff will probably attest (he's one of the few around here who retain enough marbles to correctly recall the old days), it used to break stories. The majority of the material in this thread now is illiterate, ill-founded ranting - with cryptic, sometimes cowardly attacks thrown in. I treat it in jest, because that's what it's been for some years.... a joke.
    Yeah you liked mashing button a bit...you did it to me over something very trivial.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

Biggy tried hard to destroy the thread in the early days, we laughed at the sacred Oz, something he couldn't stand.The OZ being his equivalent of the Bible.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by purri View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Crypto craptic RDS. Anyone for a decoder ring? Maybe CRuddock has one at the local Hills District neo-craptofascist LIBS HQ under lock and key?. I do hear that the Parrot aka Perrotet, Hawke et anors are in quite a bitch slapping contest to maintain their intra party fiefdoms post State and Federal elections as the usuals with the usual do an ISIS fragmentation.

No doubt Labour will do the usual in state and federal spheres as per the instruction manual post 2028. Mission managers all!
    Had an eminent pre-history archeologist in for dinner tonight. Had quite a laugh over your absence from "the knowledge".

It seems that there's some peer review that's really, really interesting. I'm calling this one "unmasking a charleton"

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    Yeah you liked mashing button a bit...you did it to me over something very trivial.
    Why would you think you are very trivial? Feel the love, man. Feel the love.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Biggy tried hard to destroy the thread in the early days, we laughed at the sacred Oz, something he couldn't stand.The OZ being his equivalent of the Bible.
    Your laughing at something is enough to believe that it has some validity.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    I am fairly sure the old OzPol thread was never what it seemed, and that aspect got well out of hand on occasion. But Ian's tendency to press buttons and Scot's rigorous and formal enforcement of the rules constrained my contributions on that subject. But that has gone out the window, there'd hardly be a contributor left since donald was gifted the job and the bilge became a lot less polite.

C&P's from the Oz do not constitute introducing topics, but It did start off less formally and in a more friendly tone, till a couple of women dared to join in………..
    You were constrained because you couldn't follow the rules? Get a grip man.

I was constrained because I did follow the rules. You know your own history, and I have a fair idea that at that time it had little to do with political beliefs and principles. But understand that mine is not, and never was about either or, a simplistic left/right - LibNat/Labour split. That does very little to mirror the bulk of the population's attitudes and is largely a creation of the ideological warriors on both sides and a matter of convenience for the press.

Don't worry Jeff. Late onset irrelevance has oertaken him. (frog and pond syndrome)
    Xanthorrea

That simplistic left right divide has always been your security blanket hasn't it Ian ?
    Grateful Dead

I was constrained because I did follow the rules. You know your own history, and I have a fair idea that at that time it had little to do with political beliefs and principles. But understand that mine is not, and never was about either or, a simplistic left/right - LibNat/Labour split. That does very little to mirror the bulk of the population's attitudes and is largely a creation of the ideological warriors on both sides and a matter of convenience for the press.
    I love the way folks invent stuff to cover their own inadequacies. The main "split", if you must.... is about what's right, what's wrong. That's why I was part of the debate, inside the tent, about same sex marriage; part of the debate about self-selecting economic migrants... and so on. The ideological drivel that comes in here from the watermelons and the like is just that... drivel.

That simplistic left right divide has always been your security blanket hasn't it Ian ?
    Have you ever been able to carry an argument? You've never had anything other than drivel like the comment above.

Yes, I understand your argument that you trot out every now and then about the bell curve. Sorry your place on it was so disadvantageous.... but such is life.

Don't worry Jeff. Late onset irrelevance has oertaken (sic) him. (frog and pond syndrome)
    Speaking of irrelevancies......

Fear not matey, it's yardarm time.

Oh, btw.... love the projection going on there.

As do all of your ilk. Self aggrandisement in a marginalised region becomes you. Frog meet pond.
    Xanthorrea

As do all of your ilk. Self aggrandisement in a marginalised region becomes you. Frog meet pond.
    There's that projection going on again.

It really was an interesting discussion here last night, on Australian (and for that matter, Indonesian) prehistory. It's amazing to talk about it to someone who actually knows their stuff. You should try it. You might learn something.

Why would you think you are very trivial? Feel the love, man. Feel the love.
    Put the bottle away Ian your cognitive skills are slipping.

Wow.... so fast on the uptake. Amazing.

Slipping? T'was ever so. RDS does that.
    Xanthorrea

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Have you ever been able to carry an argument? You've never had anything other than drivel......
    That is the most uncanny projection.......
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

^ as Captain Goodvibes succinctly put it "drivels of Babylon"...
    Last edited by purri; 01-06-2019 at 10:53 PM.
    Xanthorrea

https://www.smh.com.au/national/why-...AZHoVoVyn3l-oU

In the wake of the protests, there have been calls to criminalise extremist rhetoric and the gatherings of neo-Nazi groups but despite being a target of racist ideologues in the past, I couldn’t disagree more.
    These people are exactly where we want them - in the public eye - not hiding away, meeting in a dark corner of a pub gradually building their following, under the surface of a society that is none the wiser about their existence.
    The spotlight of the public eye is where extremist groups and their ideologies often go to wither, and eventually die, as the true level of the stupidity displayed by their leadership and their poisonous rhetoric is fully exposed for the entire world to see.
    There is no better tool to prevent this type of hateful rhetoric spreading, than allowing the Blair Cottrells and Neil Eriksons of this world the right to freely speak their minds, ensuring that the public is fully aware of their contempt for those who hold faiths or ethnicities they deem as incompatible with their version of Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    That is the most uncanny projection.......
    What is it with you guys> never a single original thought?

.....now onto page 667........ ho hum.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

What is it with you guys> never a single original thought?

From the copy and paste queen!
    Again - uncanny projection........
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Of course Ian sees things differently….from the 'inside'. Like the Canberra bubble, full of sycophants and those touting for a safe seat, and those grifting to hang on to theirs..

Of course Ian sees things differently….from the 'inside'. Like the Canberra bubble, full of sycophants and those touting for a safe seat, and those grifting to hang on to theirs..
    ....... and of course, you're Mr Pure... never hung around the Labor / union glitterati in Victoria, did you?

You're coming over as another "internet hero"... big on the "sycophants" stuff on the internet.... never, ever brave enough to say it face to face with one of the "sycophants". Pure pathos..... appealing to the loopy left, but in reality, just pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post

From the copy and paste queen!
    Again - uncanny projection........
    Who are you calling a queen, gyppo? Another pathos attempt that is nought but pathetic.

....... and of course, you're Mr Pure... never hung around the Labor / union glitterati in Victoria, did you?

You're coming over as another "internet hero"... big on the "sycophants" stuff on the internet.... never, ever brave enough to say it face to face with one of the "sycophants". Pure pathos..... appealing to the loopy left, but in reality, just pathetic.
    Actually I have, dealing with a minder for the member for Flinders in the street, and a few counter jumpers in electorate offices belonging to both majors. And calling out our local Green candidate what he was, opportunist. He later stood for the Shooters.
    And that's only since we've moved down here. But now we are in Monash, so no more Hunt.

As a matter of interest I've been tossed out of a few union meetings for calling some of the exec. careerist liars. And they were. More concerned also with a safe seat than the members, and in the end they did shaft us, (the PKIU) and joined us with AMWU, who didn't know what we did and didn't care.

NB, I see the Saudi's are at it again. Seems dad is a 'senior government figure' and pulled rank to have his escaping daughter detained by a Saudi diplomat in Cambodia on a stop over to Aus.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 01-07-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Have you ever been able to carry an argument? You've never had anything other than drivel like the comment above.

Yes, I understand your argument that you trot out every now and then about the bell curve. Sorry your place on it was so disadvantageous.... but such is life.
    I'm entirely happy with my place on the curve thank you,it was a deliberate choice.
    Grateful Dead

Grateful Dead

I see that you aren't averse to doing yourself what you pillory others for doing........ isn't that somewhat hypocritical of you?

Actually I have, dealing with a minder for the member for Flinders in the street, and a few counter jumpers in electorate offices belonging to both majors. And calling out our local Green candidate what he was, opportunist. He later stood for the Shooters.
    And that's only since we've moved down here. But now we are in Monash, so no more Hunt.

As a matter of interest I've been tossed out of a few union meetings for calling some of the exec. careerist liars. And they were. More concerned also with a safe seat than the members, and in the end they did shaft us, (the PKIU) and joined us with AMWU, who didn't know what we did and didn't care.

NB, I see the Saudi's are at it again. Seems dad is a 'senior government figure' and pulled rank to have his escaping daughter detained by a Saudi diplomat in Cambodia on a stop over to Aus.
    There's a push by the Greens to get her papers so she can come here. The Saudis have a very poor track record on how they treat wayward women.

Let's hope Herr Dutton is in a generous mood, this one is a genuine refugee. But even then she'll have to be careful where she goes and with whom. Might end up in an acid bath at the embassy…………………...