Page 501 of 746 FirstFirst ... 401451491500501502511551601 ... LastLast
Results 17,501 to 17,535 of 26110

Thread: Oz Politics.

Default Re: Oz Politics.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    A bit warm for Autumn!
    You mean Spring.
    Maybe my memory is crap but I don't remember it being this hot in September.
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

But….but…..it's not happening…………..

(of course the Australian continent has been drying out since the dinosaurs got theirs. Different kind of dinosaur at this late stage.)

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    You mean Spring.
    Maybe my memory is crap but I don't remember it being this hot in September.
    Put it down to wishful thinking !
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Morning lads. Nothing but piffle, I see.

Lessee if these videos work here

https://www.facebook.com/LiberalPart...5606586372464/

edit... oh well, doesn't embed, but the link works. Don't worry about the source.... it's all Blackout Bill
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd love to hear the conversations between the Libs and the Nats about Turnbull's instructions on CSG ! Poison for the Nats, but cool for the city based Libs.
    Grateful Dead

ABC's 4Corners on Adani http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/diggi...-adani/8997202

Digging into Adani

Posted Thu 28 Sep 2017, 1:40pm

Updated Thu 28 Sep 2017, 2:34pm

Expires: Wednesday 29 September 2032 1:40pm

Digging into Adani: The dubious dealings of India's corporate colossus.
    "Why would the crime branch want to see us?" Stephen Long, reporter
    When Four Corners travelled to India to investigate the activities of the giant Adani group, they soon discovered the power of the company.
    While attempting to film and gather information about Adani's operations, the Four Corners team had their cameras shut down, their footage deleted and were questioned for hours by police.
    The team were left in no doubt that their investigations into the Indian company triggered the police action.
    For months, Four Corners has been digging into the business practices of the Adani Group. This is the corporate colossus that plans to build Australia's biggest mine site.
    "I do know about Adani and that means thousands of jobs for regional Queenslanders ..." Annastacia Palaszczuk, Qld Premier
    The polarising debate around the proposed mine site in Queensland's Galilee Basin is often pitted as a simplistic jobs versus greenies argument.
    But there are influential figures in India who warn that Australians need to know much more about the Adani Group.
    "You know, the Australian politicians are obviously not properly briefed by their offices." Former senior energy official
    On Monday Four Corners examines the troubled corporate history of the Adani group in India revealing the findings of government investigations into financial and environment crimes.
    "The report found not accidental violations, the report found deliberate violations, wilful violations."Former Government Minister
    The program analyses the Adani Group's opaque financial operations and investigates the ramifications for their Australian operations.
    "What this tells you is that here is a business group that will not stop at anything to maximise its profits."Economist
    This investigation examines whether, in the rush to secure jobs and shore up the mining industry, Australian politicians have failed to properly scrutinise the company that's now hoping to receive a taxpayer funded loan of up to $1 billion for its project.
    "I think the Australian Government ought to do environmental due diligence, which it seems not to have done. It certainly has to do financial due diligence. Both due diligences are required, both for the financial side and from the environmental side." Indian politician
    Digging into Adani, reported by Stephen Long and presented by Sarah Ferguson, goes to air on Monday 2nd October at 8.30pm. It is replayed on Tuesday 3rd October at 1.00pm and Wednesday 4th at 11pm. It can also be seen on ABC NEWS channel on Saturday at 8.10pm AEST, ABC iview and at abc.net.au/4corners.

Grateful Dead

But…..but…….think of the party donations.
    Of course they are crooked, and so are the parties accepting their bribes.
    Better to say it like it is, loudly, and loose, and if the voters decide otherwise for a perceived short term advantage be it on their own heads.

And Ian, Facebook? Really? Go wash your mouth out……….
    Still, 'piffle' and 'facebook' in the same sentence works for me.

Hmmm, does this seem to be familiar?

http://billmoyers.com/story/why-amer...tive-hysteria/

We're better off than the Yanks, their system has collapsed into a strange insanity, a function of their undemocratic and horribly dated "electoral system"..... the electoral college.
    Grateful Dead

Yes, specifically designed to keep a man like Donald Out of the Presidency…………………………..

Funny about that eh?

Hilarious
    Grateful Dead

Adani Carmichael coal mine: Former Indian minister sounds alarm on Adani's track record, mega-mine's viability

Four Corners
    By Stephen Long, Wayne Harley and Mary Fallon

Updated about 2 hours ago
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-0...-india/9005596

PHOTO: Jairam Ramesh urges the Australian Government to do thorough financial due diligence on Adani.(ABC News: Wayne Harley)
    RELATED STORY: Slow start planned for Adani's mega-mine, leaked document shows
    RELATED STORY: Adani contradicts Indian Government on need for Australian coal
    RELATED STORY: Adani to shift millions in Carmichael coal payments to Cayman Islands controlled company
    MAP: India

India's former environment minister Jairam Ramesh is "absolutely appalled" by the Australian Government's approval of the Adani Group's massive coal mine in North Queensland, which he says will threaten the survival of the Great Barrier Reef, "a common heritage of mankind".
    Key points:

• Australian politicians argued India needs Adani coal to lift poor out of "energy poverty"
    • Indians "cannot afford" Adani coal, former Indian Ministry of Power head says
    • Adani Group says it is an "absolute and religiously law-abiding organisation"

Mr Ramesh, an elder statesman of India's opposition Congress Party, also said the Federal Government and Queensland Government have failed to do adequate due diligence on Adani Group's environmental and financial conduct in India before granting environmental approvals and mining licenses.
    "Adani Group's track record on environmental management within the country [India] leaves a lot to be desired," Mr Ramesh told Four Corners.
    "And if it leaves a lot to be desired domestically, there's no reason for me to believe that Adani would be a responsible environmental player globally."
    Mr Ramesh said it was almost beyond belief that the Australian Government would look to provide concessional loans and other taxpayer support to facilitate Adani Group's coal mining project — because of the consequences for climate change of developing a giant new mine and opening an entire new coal basin.
    Questions raised by Adani's green light on coal mine

Adani's announcement that it's giving the green light to the Carmichael coal mine in Queensland's Galilee Basin begs more questions than it answers.

Grateful Dead

You don't wanna know what you don't wanna know. I'm sure Adani will be a generous and diligent party contributor. And considering the State grants etc involved, a virtual money laundry for a taxpayer Party subsidy.

Generous friends to those who favor them.
    Grateful Dead

Re Adani and our politicians: Is consorting with foreign criminals a crime? Well it should be.
    I am minded of the old saying about dogs and fleas.

What a disgusting lot, and it covers both majors it seems.

Re Adani and their politicians: and police, crooks.

So politically where do you go from there, I don't think the Greens have it in them, and Pauline despite NQ being on side won't cut it.

Pssst! wanna buy a cheap power station….
    Last edited by skuthorp; 10-02-2017 at 05:20 AM.

Apart from the Greens, who opposes Adani ?
    Grateful Dead

Somehow the lot of them should be put on notice that they will be all held to account in the courts eventually, if only when it all falls apart. They cannot plead innocence.

I shouldn't be but I think I'm speechless!
    How can the Federal and QLD governments be so astonishingly criminally stupid!?

A simple lack of due diligence or "influence" and donations?
    Grateful Dead

I hope someone is collecting the evidence now, it may become very handy in the future.

No wonder the Greens are the only party wanting an Federal ICAC .
    Grateful Dead

Won't happen, they are both crooked.

They certainly both have a LOT to lose.
    Grateful Dead

Vale Lateline.

To fund an investigative journalist team evidently, the largest in Aus.
    Might not be welcome news to some.

A good reason at least.
    Grateful Dead

Re the centralisation of personal data on security grounds.
    Whilst I can see some justification on the grounds stated, I am concerned at the security of the information once collated, and the leakage both legal and illegal, of access. One thing is sure, if the information is available on any computer networks it will be stolen, it will be leaked, and it will be misused.

And it seems that a ban on flammable cladding is not supported by the

Might be my mistake, may have been an industry spokesman..
    Last edited by skuthorp; 10-05-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Re the centralisation of personal data on security grounds.
    Whilst I can see some justification on the grounds stated, I am concerned at the security of the information once collated, and the leakage both legal and illegal, of access. One thing is sure, if the information is available on any computer networks it will be stolen, it will be leaked, and it will be misused.

And it seems that a ban on flammable cladding is not supported by the LibNats.
    Do you have a reference about the cladding Jeff ? We'd have to ask Ian to explain that one !
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Do you have a reference about the cladding Jeff ? We'd have to ask Ian to explain that one !
    I love to hear the answer to that one as well.

Evidently some of it is made here, and I think it was an industry spokesman. Came on after the Pollie.

Nope, I was right, Craig Laundie, industry minister.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 10-05-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Note the extra funding for exclusive schools under the disability provisions. The fraud continues.

It seems redefinition of disabilites in those schools is a growth industry, and so far internal assessments are good enough.

NATIONAL AFFAIRS

Cladding: ban dismissed by Craig Laundy after Grenfell tower tragedy

Industry Minister Craig Laundy. Picture: Ray Strange

Assistant Industry Minister Craig Laundy has dismissed calls for an importation ban on the cladding material blamed for London’s Grenfell Tower fire disaster, despite calls from the Property Council, numerous industry bodies and Labor.

The June fire ripped through the 24-storey building, killing dozens of people.
    But Mr Laundy has opposed an importation ban, saying some applications of the cladding remain legal and it is still manufactured in Australia.
    “You would be banning across the board something that can be used legally in certain environments, but also banning at the border when it’s made domestically,” Mr Laundy told ABC radio.
    He said the National Construction Code already stipulated the use of the cladding was illegal on high-rise buildings.
    “That’s the law, and the role of law-makers is to make the law and also enforce the law, and that’s why we come up nationally with a construction code,” he said.
    “The enforcement of it is done by my state and territory colleagues. That’s why today we have my fourth meeting in the last 12 months, and the other irony, Kim Carr when the minister for three and a half years didn’t convene one meeting in this space.”
    Mr Laundy said he would not “pre-empt” discussions at today’s meeting in Brisbane with state and territory ministers.
    “We have a process, we have a committee, we are having discussions today. I won’t pre-empt the outcomes because I’m one of eight or nine ministers that are responsible for this space, but what I will say is the law is black and white: flammable cladding is illegal on the outsides of high rise buildings.”
    Property Council, Labor call for ban
    The Property Council’s Queensland executive director Chris Mountford says his body, which represents more than 2000 building companies and developers nationwide, is calling for a ban on the cladding in new construction.
    He says some cladding may also need to be removed from existing buildings.
    “In those circumstances it really needs to be determined what the risk is in relation to the use of that cladding on that particular building, and if the risk assessment says that it should be replaced then obviously that process will need to take place,” Mr Mountford told ABC radio.
    He said some expense may be involved.
    “Using a different cladding will cost a little bit more. We don’t have a specific understanding of what that cost may be, but the reality is I think that in terms of ensuring community safety that’s going to be something that everyone is going to be very, very willing to ensure is done,” Mr Mountford said.
    “Labor industry spokesman Kim Carr said Mr Laundy should listen to the Property Council.
    “They should also be taking on board what the architects say, what the surveyors say, what the plumbers say, what of course just about every single industry group in the country says, what the fire brigades say,” Senator Carr said.
    He dismissed Mr Laundy’s argument that a ban is unnecessary because the National Construction Code already stipulates the cladding can’t be used on high-rise buildings.
    “The National Building Code is totally ineffective. It’s not enforced. It is subject to gross violations as a result of document fraud, substitution and the abuse of the certification process whereby one can never be certain exactly what it is that’s being put on the exteriors of buildings,” Senator Carr said.
    Grateful Dead

Lives versus convenience and profit ? No contest.
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Vale Lateline.

To fund an investigative journalist team evidently, the largest in Aus.
    Might not be welcome news to some.
    Good riddance, it has been far too leftist and activist for years. Good riddance to Nick X too
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Nasty ABC, uncovering corruption.
    Grateful Dead

Predictable though……………….. Mr Pavlov comes to mind…………….