Thread: Increased bombing in Afghanistan

Default Increased bombing in Afghanistan

This seems to have gone off the front page or Iíve been ignoring it.

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashp...-10-year-high/

In the backdrop of peace negotiations to end the 18-year long war U.S. aircraft are bombing the hell out of the Taliban and other militants as the warring parties slog through never-ending discussions to bring the fighting to a close.
    According to U.S. Air Forces Central Command, U.S. aircraft dropped 7,423 munitions in 2019 ó thatís the highest number of bombs released in nearly a decade.
    In 2018, U.S. warplanes dropped 7,362 bombs ó the second highest total in a year thus far since AFCENT began publishing the number of munitions released in Afghanistan.
    In 2010 and 2011, the height of Americaís participation in Afghan war, coalition aircraft dropped 5,100 and 5,411 bombs respectively. During those two years, the U.S. military had nearly 100,000 U.S. troops on the ground as part of President Barack Obamaís troop surge to clear Taliban militants.

Default Re: Increased bombing in Afghanistan

Not that far from the new normal. Trump and the Reeps are strongly against military adventures, particularly Afghanistan, so as soon as they take power, things will change rapidly and dramatically in the second term.
    Trust me to defend the Constitution just as soon as I'm sure you're going to vote for me again.

Someone just checked the best before dates, clearing out old stock.

The administration’s rational is that we’re bombing the Taliban to the negotiating table. Four Afghan military helicopters have gone down due to attacks and mechanical problems in Jan. Specialized US communications aircraft crashed this week in Afghanistan cause not determined

It appears Trump inclination for bullying dovetails well with military action regardless of his rhetoric to drawdown or reduce conflict.

https://defpost.com/u-s-air-force-e-...n-afghanistan/

USFOR-A Spokesman Col Sonny Leggett

@USFOR_A
    A U.S. Bombardier E-11A crashed today in Ghazni province, Afghanistan. While the cause of crash is under investigation, there are no indications the crash was caused by enemy fire. We will provide additional information as it becomes available.

11:56 AM - Jan 27, 2020

Last edited by LeeG; 01-28-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    The administration’s rational is that we’re bombing the Taliban to the negotiating table.
    How did that work in Viet Nam?
    Trust me to defend the Constitution just as soon as I'm sure you're going to vote for me again.

Tail waggin'