Page 667 of 668 FirstFirst ... 167567617657666667668 LastLast
Results 23,311 to 23,345 of 23363

Thread: Oz Politics.

Default Re: Oz Politics.

^ as Captain Goodvibes succinctly put it "drivels of Babylon"...
    Last edited by purri; 01-06-2019 at 10:53 PM.
    Xanthorrea

https://www.smh.com.au/national/why-...AZHoVoVyn3l-oU

In the wake of the protests, there have been calls to criminalise extremist rhetoric and the gatherings of neo-Nazi groups but despite being a target of racist ideologues in the past, I couldn’t disagree more.
    These people are exactly where we want them - in the public eye - not hiding away, meeting in a dark corner of a pub gradually building their following, under the surface of a society that is none the wiser about their existence.
    The spotlight of the public eye is where extremist groups and their ideologies often go to wither, and eventually die, as the true level of the stupidity displayed by their leadership and their poisonous rhetoric is fully exposed for the entire world to see.
    There is no better tool to prevent this type of hateful rhetoric spreading, than allowing the Blair Cottrells and Neil Eriksons of this world the right to freely speak their minds, ensuring that the public is fully aware of their contempt for those who hold faiths or ethnicities they deem as incompatible with their version of Australia.
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    That is the most uncanny projection.......
    What is it with you guys> never a single original thought?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

.....now onto page 667........ ho hum.
    If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    What is it with you guys> never a single original thought?

From the copy and paste queen!
    Again - uncanny projection........
    Philip K. Dick — 'Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away'.

Of course Ian sees things differently….from the 'inside'. Like the Canberra bubble, full of sycophants and those touting for a safe seat, and those grifting to hang on to theirs..

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Of course Ian sees things differently….from the 'inside'. Like the Canberra bubble, full of sycophants and those touting for a safe seat, and those grifting to hang on to theirs..
    ....... and of course, you're Mr Pure... never hung around the Labor / union glitterati in Victoria, did you?

You're coming over as another "internet hero"... big on the "sycophants" stuff on the internet.... never, ever brave enough to say it face to face with one of the "sycophants". Pure pathos..... appealing to the loopy left, but in reality, just pathetic.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

From the copy and paste queen!
    Again - uncanny projection........
    Who are you calling a queen, gyppo? Another pathos attempt that is nought but pathetic.

....... and of course, you're Mr Pure... never hung around the Labor / union glitterati in Victoria, did you?

You're coming over as another "internet hero"... big on the "sycophants" stuff on the internet.... never, ever brave enough to say it face to face with one of the "sycophants". Pure pathos..... appealing to the loopy left, but in reality, just pathetic.
    Actually I have, dealing with a minder for the member for Flinders in the street, and a few counter jumpers in electorate offices belonging to both majors. And calling out our local Green candidate what he was, opportunist. He later stood for the Shooters.
    And that's only since we've moved down here. But now we are in Monash, so no more Hunt.

As a matter of interest I've been tossed out of a few union meetings for calling some of the exec. careerist liars. And they were. More concerned also with a safe seat than the members, and in the end they did shaft us, (the PKIU) and joined us with AMWU, who didn't know what we did and didn't care.

NB, I see the Saudi's are at it again. Seems dad is a 'senior government figure' and pulled rank to have his escaping daughter detained by a Saudi diplomat in Cambodia on a stop over to Aus.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 01-07-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Have you ever been able to carry an argument? You've never had anything other than drivel like the comment above.

Yes, I understand your argument that you trot out every now and then about the bell curve. Sorry your place on it was so disadvantageous.... but such is life.
    I'm entirely happy with my place on the curve thank you,it was a deliberate choice.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Biggy tried hard to destroy the thread in the early days, we laughed at the sacred Oz, something he couldn't stand.The OZ being his equivalent of the Bible.

I see that you aren't averse to doing yourself what you pillory others for doing........ isn't that somewhat hypocritical of you?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post

Actually I have, dealing with a minder for the member for Flinders in the street, and a few counter jumpers in electorate offices belonging to both majors. And calling out our local Green candidate what he was, opportunist. He later stood for the Shooters.
    And that's only since we've moved down here. But now we are in Monash, so no more Hunt.

As a matter of interest I've been tossed out of a few union meetings for calling some of the exec. careerist liars. And they were. More concerned also with a safe seat than the members, and in the end they did shaft us, (the PKIU) and joined us with AMWU, who didn't know what we did and didn't care.

NB, I see the Saudi's are at it again. Seems dad is a 'senior government figure' and pulled rank to have his escaping daughter detained by a Saudi diplomat in Cambodia on a stop over to Aus.
    There's a push by the Greens to get her papers so she can come here. The Saudis have a very poor track record on how they treat wayward women.
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.

Let's hope Herr Dutton is in a generous mood, this one is a genuine refugee. But even then she'll have to be careful where she goes and with whom. Might end up in an acid bath at the embassy…………………...

I don't understand the left's dislike of our extreme right. I think they are great, and that it is our duty to uphold their right to speak and protest.

Of course, I don't agree with their hateful drivel - but our far right are such a bunch of idiots that they'll never amount to anything. They will keep on screeching and being stupid and taking the oxygen away from any efficient, effective nazis who may otherwise develop. I went to a protest against them and it was very comforting to see how vacuous and useless they were.

An effective, intelligent bunch of nazis could be a minor problem, but these guys have no Himmler or Goebbels in their midst. We should let them be, just like some people let black snakes hang around because they keep out the King Browns. :-)

Let's hope Herr Dutton is in a generous mood, this one is a genuine refugee. But even then she'll have to be careful where she goes and with whom. Might end up in an acid bath at the embassy…………………...
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    There's a push by the Greens to get her papers so she can come here. The Saudis have a very poor track record on how they treat wayward women.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-46770612

Peta for MP?

What are the Libs thinking?

"What better example is there that the Liberal party must split than the proposed nomination of Peta Credlin for the seat of Mallee.
    If, as Credlin says, “climate change remains Malcolm Turnbull’s kryptonite”, then her preselection could just be the Liberal party’s dynamite. The split already exists, but for now, it’s being held together with sticky tape and string. And Credlin’s preselection could well be the spark that lights the fuse, and blows the whole thing up.
    "

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-liberal-party

Go,go,go!!!BOOOM!
    Grateful Dead

Credlin in Mallee is about the biggest mis-match that I can think of. In Tony's seat maybe but Mallee?

Credlin in Mallee is about the biggest mis-match that I can think of. In Tony's seat maybe but Mallee?
    Does she know where it is?

Was it ever a condition that you actually had to live in the electorate to be elected?

Was it ever a condition that you actually had to live in the electorate to be elected?
    Thought I'd better do some research and find out where she is from, so maybe she does know where it is.
    Wycheproof, Victoria, Australia

Well, I apologise. But I cannot imagine her moving back soon……………...

She's still not a good match.

....gyppo....

Now there's a blast from the past!
    Remember those days when it was okay to be a racist wife beater?

Peta will bring it all back.
    Hell, i bet she campaigns so we can have coal fireplaces in our homes again.
    I do miss the smell of burning coal, or is that the Liberal party on fire?
    Philip K. Dick — 'Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away'.

She has rejected Islam, an automatic death sentence.
    Grateful Dead

While hubby is a dis-endorsed LIB "strategist" touting their reactionary policies, one Brian Loughnane. Peas in a swiftly imploding pod. Wonder how soon the reactionary right spectrum will form a compact to "reclaim 'Straya" ? New Guard redux. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Now there's a blast from the past!
    Remember those days when it was okay to be a racist wife beater?

Peta will bring it all back.
    Hell, i bet she campaigns so we can have coal fireplaces in our homes again.
    I do miss the smell of burning coal, or is that the Liberal party on fire?
    Xanthorrea

NSW 2018, hottest driest year ever.

Vic too. This year will likely break that.

But Eric tells us it's not happening…………………..

Bernard Collaery's observations of our governments inclination to bend the rules.
    Rules hard won and kept for good reasons.

Points well made, well researched though a bit dense at times for me.
    https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...quilibrium.pdf

Yet no mention of Whitlam's duplicity
    Xanthorrea

I liked this in response to the hype over African gangs in Melbourne.
    anglo violence.jpg

Thank you gypsie. I have been pointing this out for some time…………...

"65.It is too easily forgotten that after the military tribunals in 1945, the 12 Nuremberg successor trials embraced corporate executives, judges and lawyers, and Foreign Ministry diplomats. In particular, recalling the terrible fate that awaited so many Timorese who died and were dispossessed soon after 28 November 1975 we should recall the trials before the International Military Tribunal of the German public servants who directed the expropriation of Jewish assets in occupied territories. There has to be a moral reckoning if we are to clear our national conscience over our exploitation of the Timorese. Until we put law-breaking politicians and their accessories to their trial we never will"

And the corruption was at the very top of our government. As for Australia's various AG's, some were very dodgy indeed, Barwick being the first crook to hold the job that I can personally remember.

Littleproud has little to be proud about.
    https://www.smh.com.au/environment/s...yXQZyecXloBFtw

Grateful Dead