Thread: Domain hosting services

Default Domain hosting services

Decades ago, one of my employees set up our own domain for hosting the business web and email. The hosting service now notifies me that they are discontinuing offering hosting services and I must find a new one. I am now semi retired, the employees are long gone, but I want to keep my domain and personal email hopefully without changing the domain name. They were charging me about $10/mo which is fine, but I don't know where to start looking for a new host. Do they need to be local? What do I look for?

Default Re: Domain hosting services

GoDaddy.com has great service, cheap packages, and fairly robust site-building tools. It's hard to go wrong.

What are you doing about it?

I don't use GoDaddy, but my wife has, in the past, and recommends them.

I use pair.com, and have, for many years... don't know if they're the cheapest, but they've been reliable.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

In Motion Hosting is who I use. Best customer service I have had out of all the different services I use. I believe it's $130/year. Hmmm....prices look a little different from what we're paying: https://www.inmotionhosting.com/

GoDaddy has a horrible rep in the industry - refusing to allow relocation of sites away from them & the like. I wouldn't touch 'em with a 12 ft. pole.

Network solutions does pretty well, but I have gone with a local ISP. It's the same $10/month as yours & I could get cheaper online, but if I have a problem, I can call & get a real human being who is 25 miles away from me. That's worth a lot.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

We just went through this last week, I'm with Garret on this one.
    I have no choice about growing older, but dammit they can't force me to become any wiser!

Interesting - I've never had a problem with GoDaddy, but YMMV, as always.

What are you doing about it?