• Show
Clear All
  • WX
    Uki NSW Australia
    • Feb 2002

Re: Oz Politics.

Originally posted by skuthorp
    Take care. How is your tank holding up?
    We're fine, tanks are low and we missed out on collecting from the downpour last weekend due to a clogged intake.
    The quote is from a fire in QLD. These fires are taking out the crowns as well.
    Without freedom of speech, we wouldn't know who the idiots are.

Comment

• gypsie
      NSW Australia
      • Jun 2010

I'm not quite sure i understand whats happened with the "Bash the unions, ignore the banks", laws.
      Have the Libs just taken the same thing and shoved it back into the inbox?
      How many times can they do that?
      It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Comment

• skuthorp
        • Jan 2002

Unions don't donate to LibNat politicians, ergo……………….

Banks do, and their boards are nice sinecures for coalition politicians' post-dated bribes.

Comment

• gypsie
          NSW Australia
          • Jun 2010

I've been following the days proceedings in our venerable parliament today. On and Off. https://www.theguardian.com/australi...-politics-live

More like a fist fight.

Angus Taylor called Labour antisemitic because they asked him about the Naomi Wolfe thing. Huh?

I think labour have got the measure of the Libs - might be a short lived thing.
          Seems the Libs are terrible at busking. Set piece, marketing campaigns, "quiet Australians - how good are they", great! Responding to the ball on the volley, not so hot.

Comment

• WX
            Uki NSW Australia
            • Feb 2002

Comment

• skuthorp
              • Jan 2002

I have often said that parliament and party politics is no place for a person of principles, morals or ethics. Far too many lawyers there for a starter, that profession being rather short of all of them.
              Lambie being the accidental holder of that power became wedged and her principles compromised. The government allowed her access to information that no independent, or back bencher for that matter would normally be allowed and in doing so put her in an impossible position. Whether the government "information'' was accurate, or indeed factual we will never know, and neither will she most likely.

Comment

• skuthorp
                • Jan 2002

I note fire has jumped the Warragamba Dam, burning on both sides.
                A bushfire can pollute a water storage compelling it to be taken out of service for some time.

And I see that Morrison, in the search for efficiency is combining the Education and Employment dept's., may hap to produce factory fodder as in past years, and more concerning Environment…..and Agriculture.
                a Nat portfolio Two dept. heads to go, and many staff, and the LibNats get a supine replacement. I note that Arts disappears as well. A leaf out of Donalds book leading to further privatisation of the PS?

And then there's further developments in the Witness K matters. A representative democracy and it's justice system only works because we trust them not to lie to us too much, be accountableand to do what they were elected to do. I am not at all confident that this government, and by ministerial direction some of it's departments, can be trusted at all.
                Last edited by skuthorp; 12-05-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• WX
                  Uki NSW Australia
                  • Feb 2002

This is well worth a read.
                  Global warming is already changing the world before our eyes — let's see what has happened in your lifetime, and what's in store for your future.

Comment

• skuthorp
                    • Jan 2002

After listening and reading this mornings Australian news I repeat, the stumps have elected the government they deserve and maybe do support. It wasn't just the scare tactics, they really did vote with their wallets and their prejudices.
                    'Serves them right' has never been so apt.

Comment

• gypsie
                      NSW Australia
                      • Jun 2010

maybe one for the Political cartoons page?

k redacted.jpg

Comment

• gypsie
                        NSW Australia
                        • Jun 2010

This is an interesting 9 minutes.
                        Really interesting that people will knowingly vote against their interests, they are so utterly convinced that it doesn't matter - and life proves to them that it doesn't.

All eyes are focused on Scotland, but on the eastern edge of England, 2014's other great political revolt is in full effect. John Harris reports

Comment

• gypsie
                          NSW Australia
                          • Jun 2010

I'm getting a bit addicted to this guy - John Harris; https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ut-westminster

Comment

• WX
                            Uki NSW Australia
                            • Feb 2002

Can anyone tell me one good thing this government has done?

Comment

• skuthorp
                              • Jan 2002

Originally posted by gypsie
                              I'm getting a bit addicted to this guy - John Harris; https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ut-westminster
                              Once the rot sets in it's likely to go all the way. The Brit. Conservatives financial scandal, (cleaning the moat on the public purse) was the start, but globalisation and it's disruption of the wage and labour markets have emasculated the left. It's a common phenomenon in western countries, and has a way to go. And I think it's not just the deconstruction of the old right-left political sureties either. It could get very messy indeed as ordered society may get a little rocky.. It's the economic divide, not the political one that will drive matters for some time I think.

Comment

• gypsie
                                NSW Australia
                                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by WX
                                Can anyone tell me one good thing this government has done?

They stabbed Abbott in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...