Thread: Collins will vote against

Default Collins will vote against

Now Collins says she will vote against Barrett saying it is wrong before the election. She is the race of her life and losing, so suddenly she finds ethics?

Meanwhile, Murkowski will vote in favor. Every time one does the right thing another changes their mind.

Default Re: Collins will vote against

Barrett and her judgements will always be tainted with the circumstances of her appointment. If she was an ethical person she would withdraw, but she has had an agenda for as long as she has been involved in the law.

Gee, what a surprise, Murkowski and Collins won't vote for it, until they do. They have principles. Plenty of principles. Extra principles in case someone needs to buy some.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Barrett and her judgements will always be tainted with the circumstances of her appointment. If she was an ethical person she would withdraw, but she has had an agenda for as long as she has been involved in the law.
    She's not an ethical person in the slightest, but if there's a crushing Biden/Democrat victory in eight days time she may prove to be 'pragmatic', particularly if the Senate flips and the Democrats change the rules of various votes it takes in the same way the Republicans did on judicial confirmations.

She may wish she'd never picked up the phone call from the president in the first place. I could imagine life might become awfully unpleasant for her.

I assume SC judges can be called before Senate committees to be grilled with questions like anyone else?
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

She'll cave. She's just a drama queen.

Republicans don't need her vote, do they? I'm sure this has all been carefully orchestrated to allow her to appear bipartisan while actually doing nothing to impede Trump and his enablers.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

The two of them are like square head and star head screws....mix up in the same box

WI-Tom has it right. Susan got the OK from Mitch after he counted votes and found he didn't need her vote. She knows that a vote for Barret would be the final nail in her coffin. Fortunately, I hope, most people in Maine are on to her now.

While so many eyes are on those up in this election, I wonder about those up in two years.

Then they may be the senators who voted for the justice that did overturn Roe, kill the ACA, and end same sex marriage.

I wonder what kind of calls they are getting, and if they care. Or are too few people that far sighted.
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

They are both utterly worthless, and exactly the type of Republican I was thinking of when I wrote my signature.
    Last edited by Gerarddm; 10-26-2020 at 02:03 PM.
    Gerard>
    ​Freeland, WA

Be patriotic, save the country: next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level, they are all #Complicit.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    While so many eyes are on those up in this election, I wonder about those up in two years.

Then they may be the senators who voted for the justice that did overturn Roe, kill the ACA, and end same sex marriage.

I wonder what kind of calls they are getting, and if they care. Or are too few people that far sighted.
    There are states where taking these positions GAINS them votes. It is difficult for me to imagine, but it is true.

The problem with political theater is that everyone involved is such a D-list actor/actress. It's like Washington is filled with amazingly untalented performers--and make no mistake, most of Republican politics is purely performative. Does anybody believe the Murkowski/Collins bait-and-switch? The did the EXACT SAME THING with the Kavanaugh appointment.

The possibility that this seditious cabal will fail in their attempted coup must certainly weigh upon the minds of these 'republicans'.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    She will be tainted, but it won't matter in the least. Just as it doesn't matter for Kavenaugh or Gorsuch.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Madison View Post
    She will be tainted, but it won't matter in the least. Just as it doesn't matter for Kavenaugh or Gorsuch.
    Unless we dominate the legislature and hold the Executive branch.

Proving that Trump relied upon foreign actors and gained the office through treasonous intent would bring down every single appointment he has made and every executive order.

AND, the removal of every one of those ratfreakers would be entirely Constitutional.

Sow the wind and reap the whirlwhind, you scumbucket ^^^*$%#@@)*(^.
    Rattling the teacups.

I just got back from a weekend working on the boat in Maine & was sickened by the Collins ads. Clones of ads from other Trumpers: full of lies & innuendo presented as fact.

I sure hope Maine votes her out.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    I just got back from a weekend working on the boat in Maine & was sickened by the Collins ads. Clones of ads from other Trumpers: full of lies & innuendo presented as fact.

I sure hope Maine votes her out.
    Five thirty eight has Gideon out ahead by 7%. Here's hoping the miserable creature is gone soon.

I ask the question again, can SCOTUS justices be hauled before Senate Committees to be grilled? If so can Amy Boney Carrot and Brett Kava-nought be stuck in committee sessions answering questions about their "integrity" instead of presiding over cases?

Hmmmm???
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gibbs View Post
    I ask the question again, can SCOTUS justices be hauled before Senate Committees to be grilled? If so can Amy Boney Carrot and Brett Kava-nought be stuck in committee sessions answering questions about their "integrity" instead of presiding over cases?

Hmmmm???
    To what end? She doesn't answer questions now!

Basically make her appointment to the SCOTUS a publicly televised living hell. Her willingness to answer questions has nothing to do with their being asked.

Could you imagine that your daily work day included regular hostile grillings by Sheldon Whitehouse et al? I've had crappy jobs in the past. I left them for the sake of my mental health.

Plus, let's all start calling her (and I thank SWIMPAL for the name) Amy Boney Carrot. Hashtag the crap out of it!!
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Quote Originally Posted by J.Madison View Post
    It might if democrats come out of this election with majorities in house and senate. If they have the 'guts', they would have the power to impeach all three of these justices; Gorsuch for seat being stolen, Kavanaugh for lying (I'm fairly sure he did), and Barret for declining to answer simple straightforward questions, sas as "Is voter intimidation illegal?"

That path would be open to them. They'd have the votes. Up to me, that's what I'd do. Then I'd see if could come to some agreement that lifetime appointments, cabinet secretaries, and such need more than a simple majority or just party line votes. Something that can't be changed easily.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Unless we dominate the legislature and hold the Executive branch.

Proving that Trump relied upon foreign actors and gained the office through treasonous intent would bring down every single appointment he has made and every executive order.

AND, the removal of every one of those ratfreakers would be entirely Constitutional.

Sow the wind and reap the whirlwhind, you scumbucket ^^^*$%#@@)*(^.
    Works for me, but doesn't seem likely, although possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gibbs View Post
    Five thirty eight has Gideon out ahead by 7%. Here's hoping the miserable creature is gone soon.

Hmmmm???
    Supreme Court Justices can indeed be impeached.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    Works for me, but doesn't seem likely, although possible.
    Likely?

Probably not.

Possible?

Certainly.

Necessary?

Absolutely.

We have come to a place where we can no longer rely upon the purity of intent of those we elect, and so the time has come to impose hard limits on what constitutes corruption, and what the consequences are for betraying one's oath of office.

If we can not enforce laws against sedition, the Constitution is dead.
    Rattling the teacups.