Page 550 of 550 FirstFirst ... 50450500540549550
Results 19,216 to 19,226 of 19226

Thread: Oz Politics.

Default Re: Oz Politics.

Poor didums, didn't like the content so criticises the format !
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Poor didums, didn't like the content so criticises the format !
    Nah - as usual, you got it wrong.

Had read it before. Didn't bother reading it again. Wouldn't bother reading it, given the formatting anyhow.

Hmmm.... do I have to sign any register?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Oh dear. If you are going to C&P, would you please treat your audience with a modicum of respect... and reformat the bloody stuff please.
    Can't you read it?
    My take is that if you poke someone with a sharp stick they'll get annoyed, if you smile and shake their hand they will be your friends.

John Welsford

Not if the format is uncomfortable .
    Grateful Dead

Our 36 year old Xmas friends gathering today. Eventually the talk turned to politics, and there are long time Liberal, ALP and Green voters i the mix. Ages 75 to mid 20's men and women, the younger ones with toddlers.
    Main topic Parliament, and the unwillingness to vote for any of the present majors. Not doing their job and as Ian remarked above of the ALP, none of them worthy of their position. Probably a bit savage but you get the picture. Then the Manus/Naru refugees. It needs to be ended now, bring then here, some leader has to be brave enough to do just that on humanitarian, and legal grounds. Otherwise, do we continue this fiction until they all die?

I see Sam is in more trouble over pro Chinese lobbying. Attempted to talk Plibersek out of a meeting with a group China does not approve of. The dynamics of the two majors re the two world powers is interesting, the ALP seemingly tending towards China, and the LibNats the US. Of course Hugh White thinks that if we ever really need the US it won't be there for us.
    Just recently someone suggested that Aus's position will be a neutral state, forced by the increasing multi-country origins of much of our voting population.

My take is that if you poke someone with a sharp stick they'll get annoyed, if you smile and shake their hand they will be your friends.

John Welsford

A massacre in PNG would be very convenient for both government and opposition.

I wonder if they considered ships instead?
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-1...o-know/9240946

John Welsford

A massacre is entirely possible. PNG is not peaceful place and poor foreigners are not welcome in numbers.

Sam needs to go.
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    A massacre in PNG would be very convenient for both government and opposition.
    Itís a dangerous country for an outsider.

John Welsford