Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I like this campaign ad

Default I like this campaign ad

This will drive most of you crazy. But I find it a complete breath of fresh air.

https://twitter.com/SpencerJCox/stat...37411471708162

Default Re: I like this campaign ad

"This will drive most of you crazy."

Consider yourself slapped upside the head. About 3-4 times.

What possible basis could you have for reaching that conclusion?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

AWESOME - Wow we need more of this !!!!!
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    "This will drive most of you crazy."

Consider yourself slapped upside the head. About 3-4 times.

What possible basis could you have for reaching that conclusion?
    Because the vitriol that is displayed on this forum, over and over again regarding anyone who happens to be a republican.

Quote Originally Posted by peb View Post
    Because the vitriol that is displayed on this forum, over and over again regarding anyone who happens to be a republican.
    No, peb, the vitriol goes to those who betray American values. Sadly, too much of the GOP stands behind Trump and that earns them criticism.

These are two great adverts and I wish we had more like them.

I think you have some confirmation bias. The divisiveness and politics of hate I see in today’s politics comes far more from the right than the left. I constantly see people on the right wanting to “piss off the libtards”. I just don’t see that kind of rhetoric from the left. The fact that the president is one of the biggest perpetrators of that mindset isn’t helping.
    Tom

group hug?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

We’ve got an incumbent, Inslee, vs a Trumpkin, Culp. Culp’s candidacy is based on the fact that as the Chief of a 2 person police department, he refused to enforce newly enacted gun legislation. Enough said.
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    We’ve got an incumbent, Inslee, vs a Trumpkin, Culp. Culp’s candidacy is based on the fact that as the Chief of a 2 person police department, he refused to enforce newly enacted gun legislation. Enough said.
    Um, actually, he's the only member of the police department....
    Elect a clown expect a circus

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wilkinson View Post
    I think you have some confirmation bias. The divisiveness and politics of hate I see in today’s politics comes far more from the right than the left. I constantly see people on the right wanting to “piss off the libtards”. I just don’t see that kind of rhetoric from the left. The fact that the president is one of the biggest perpetrators of that mindset isn’t helping.
    Not at all, outside this forum, I see it on the right just as much or more than from the left. But not on this forum. I see very little vitriol from the right on this forum. And I was very clear in my post that I was referring to this forum. If you see a lot of politics of hate from the right on this forum, please point them out.

Look at this quote on this thread: "No, peb, the vitriol goes to those who betray American values. Sadly, too much of the GOP stands behind Trump and that earns them criticism." and compare that to the second add where they say "we are both equally dedicated to democracy, liberty, and justice for all people...". I do not think it that attitude is assumed by hardly anyone on this forum regarding republicans. I think most of you guys vehemently disagree with that statement applied to republicans. I am pretty sure I am correct in my thinking.

It is not I who suffers from confirmation bias.

Doesn't drive me crazy. Those two need to send the message to Gym Jordan and Donald Trump.
    "We have come to live in a society based on insults, on lies and on things that just aren't true. It creates an environment where deranged people feel empowered." -- Colin Powell, 10/30/18

peb, you're the only rightie left on this forum

all of the others have been banned for being jerks and liars

well gatenby is still here, posting under an against the rules sockpuppet login

I like that one of them works at 'U of U"

I'd point out is was the Republicans who's stated goal was to make Obama a one term president.
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post

So, that just confirms what I am saying about the forum, it does not come from the right.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    I'd point out is was the Republicans who's stated goal was to make Obama a one term president.
    Which is the goal of every opposition party when a new president is elected.

Which says something
    Elect a clown expect a circus

So, that just confirms what I am saying about the forum, it does not come from the right.

well, not anymore

peb, you do understand most americans and nit just the far left, but americans are pissed off at trump and the goo and their supporters? and with some cause. . .

you get that right?

you guys on the right elected a president and out a party machine behind him that purposely for political ends solely foments divisiveness where there should be none

you're goddamn right i'm pissed off at the right and it's probably come out in some ugly ways from time to time

you guys on the right elected a president and out a party machine behind him that purposely for political ends solely foments divisiveness where there should be none

you're goddamn right i'm pissed off at the right and it's probably come out in some ugly ways from time to time
    you are asking peb to challenge the fundamental assumption and belief of the US right wing - that the left is just like them. Not gonna happen man.

Nailed it in one. Yer gettin' better, slim!

Not sure why you framed the OP in this manner, peb; certainly looks like you're looking for an argument! (second door down the hall, on yer right)
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

I think it's a wonderful ad & truly wish more on both sides acted this way.

That being said, the Reps in DC have consistently shown that they have no interest in democracy & civility - purely in gaining/keeping power. Am I Pissed at them? Yoobet. I'm also pissed at people who continue to support people of that ilk.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

It's the kind of ad that lives in my fantasy dreams.

Too bad the idea isn't exactly going to catch on.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Hey, Norman - you just roll outta bed?
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Hey, Norman - you just roll outta bed?
    Hehehehe.... actually, the reason I'm not here nearly as often as I used to be is that the forum software is so screwed up, that I have trouble posting from both the living room laptop, and the kitchen laptop, as well as my iPad. Chrome doesn't seem to work at all, on the forum... sometimes, Firefox does, but not often. Edge appears to work, but only occasionally. The only place I can reliably post from is my tower computer in my basement office, and I'm not down here all that often.

I don't know if many other people have the same problem, or not. It seems to have gotten worse since the latest Windows update... but then again, I have similar problems on the iPad (where Safari seems to work best, although not all the time).

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Norman -- some of us have next to no problems with the forum software. Others seem to have quite a bit.

My personal theory is that it's Scot's backdoor way of throttling the input from the troublemakers... like you and Tulsy Bob <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Hehehehe.... actually, the reason I'm not here nearly as often as I used to be is that the forum software is so screwed up, that I have trouble posting from both the living room laptop, and the kitchen laptop, as well as my iPad. Chrome doesn't seem to work at all, on the forum... sometimes, Firefox does, but not often. Edge appears to work, but only occasionally. The only place I can reliably post from is my tower computer in my basement office, and I'm not down here all that often.

I don't know if many other people have the same problem, or not. It seems to have gotten worse since the latest Windows update... but then again, I have similar problems on the iPad (where Safari seems to work best, although not all the time).

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
    Norman, the forum has started to work much better on my PC, using the latest Microsoft browser. It still often has problems on my phone using Chrome. But on the PC, its gotten pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Norman -- some of us have next to no problems with the forum software. Others seem to have quite a bit.

My personal theory is that it's Scot's backdoor way of throttling the input from the troublemakers... like you and Tulsy Bob <G>
    ha, the advantage of using multiple devices: Scott can't keep up.

ha, the advantage of using multiple devices: Scott can't keep up.
    plus, you can have your sock puppets talk to each other

oh wait!

That's a pretty stunning inversion of logic and reality. Those forum members were not banned by other forum members - we don't have the power to do that. They were banged by admin for being rude and abusive. I'd add for peddling misinformation, but I don't know if admin takes it that far.
    Posted off an Android tablet running chrome. Only glitch is i always have to hit the submit reply button twice.

Pete
    Like a miracle, all the trolls disappeared

Quote Originally Posted by epoxyboy View Post
    That's a pretty stunning inversion of logic and reality. Those forum members were not banned by other forum members - we don't have the power to do that. They were banged by admin for being rude and abusive. I'd add for peddling misinformation, but I don't know if admin takes it that far.
    Posted off an Android tablet running chrome. Only glitch is i always have to hit the submit reply button twice.

Pete
    Banged? Oh man - Scot's raised his game a notch or two!

This will drive most of you crazy. But I find it a complete breath of fresh air.

https://twitter.com/SpencerJCox/stat...37411471708162
    Want to take a guess how many are driven crazy by it or even find out?

Two reasonable candidates running for the governor of Utah do not reflect on the reality of this presidential election and what GOP politicians have done supporting Trump.
    Last edited by LeeG; 10-20-2020 at 01:55 PM.