Thread: Go Charlie Baker

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

Default Go Charlie Baker

"I heard what the President said today about dominating and fighting. I know I should be surprised when I hear incendiary words like this from him, but I'm not," Baker told reporters. "At so many times during these past several weeks when the country needed compassionate and leadership the most, it was simply nowhere to be found."Instead, he continued, "we got bitterness, combativeness and self-interest. That's not what we need in Boston, it's not what we need right now in Massachusetts and it's definitely not what we need across this great country of ours either.”

https://apple.news/A3fHZEa5dQkaMqCQw5KXBew

Default Re: Go Charlie Baker

I keep thinking "Vote against all Republicans everywhere all the time."

Then Baker speaks with the press and knocks it out of the park. The guy is what a governor should be. I've been watching him regularly. He speaks calmly and thoughtfully. He does not make it all about him. He's a good guy.

I want to blame him for still affiliating with the GOP, but I guess he's a traditional Republican and maybe that counts for something.

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

Senate Republican Whip John Thune.

"I think the country is definitely looking for healing and for calm, and I think that's the tone the President needs to project when talking about what is happening around the country," Senate Majority Whip John Thune, a Republican from South Dakota, told CNN. "I think he needs to strike a tone that fits the level of frustration country's experiencing right now, and I hope in the future, he'll do that."
    Thune added that Trump's tweets about the situation have been "not helpful."
    Senator John Cornyn

Sen. John Cornyn, also a member of Senate GOP leadership, told CNN that "I think it's important" for Trump to offer more of a unifying message in the midst of the deep unrest across the county.
    "I presume at some point he will address the nation," said Cornyn of Texas. "If I were advising him I would say we need it sooner rather than later."
    Senator Pat Toomey

"Some of his tweets have not been helpful," Sen. Pat Toomey, a Republican from Pennsylvania, said at a news conference Monday. "It would be helpful if he would change the tone of his message."
    Senator Shelley Moore Capito

"We are obviously in a divisive situation right now that is escalating. ... He needs to make more unifying comments," said Sen. Shelley Moore Capito, a Republican from West Virginia.
    Senator Tim Scott

“Those are not constructive tweets without any question," Sen. Tim Scott, the only black Republican in the US Senate, told Fox on Sunday. "I will say this, I spoke with the President (Saturday) morning, and he and I had a good conversation about the next steps. I told him, what I am going to tell you. I told him 'Mr. President, it helps us when you focus on the death, the unjustified in my opinion, the criminal death of George Floyd.”

Senator Mitch McConnell remains silent

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell wouldn't answer questions Monday about whether he believed Trump had struck the appropriate tone in his handling of the unrest.

Either they have not yet grokked... or are unwilling to be forthright enough to express... what we are actually dealing with. He's not capable of behaving in the ways they are urging him to... so their pale urgings are entirely bootless --

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20366662
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Senator Mitch McConnell remains silent
    Mitch's cops are shooting black shop owners...

Perhaps the Senate should remember its constitutional duty to "advise and consent"... and lay down the law to Donny.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Our Republican governor has basically ignored Trump & set up our state Covid plan based on advice from the Dept. of Health. In his news conference yesterday, he said every one of the MN police officers should be charged with murder & went on to say that protesting was entirely appropriate, but please keep it non-violent.

It's nice to have a human in charge here.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

In February the GOP Senators emasculated themselves, and delivered little jars holding their balls to the Whife House. All, paradoxically, except Romney (who kept one of his).

I was piously looking for some GOP elected to a Washington role to sound like Charlie Baker, if not George Will. Nada. Not after the Reichstag speech. Not after actually tear gassing the priests of the Church he used for a photo op.

They're steers pretending to be bulls. Fully capable of producing sh1t, and confusing it with the creative function they ought to fulfill. In November they should be culled from the Senate, and made into dog meat.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

In February the GOP Senators emasculated themselves, and delivered little jars holding their balls to the Whife House. All, paradoxically, except Romney (who kept one of his).

I was piously looking for some GOP elected to a Washington role to sound like Charlie Baker, if not George Will. Nada. Not after the Reichstag speech. Not after actually tear gassing the priests of the Church he used for a photo op.

They're steers pretending to be bulls. Fully capable of producing sh1t, and confusing it with the creative function they ought to fulfill. In November they should be culled from the Senate, and made into dog meat.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott