Thread: Zoom meetings

Default Zoom meetings

Related to me. A woman in a Zoom meeting had a connection issue. Her microphone kept cutting out. The moderator told her to leave Zoom and come back in.
    So, she stood up and walked out of the room she was in, carefully shut the door, then opened the door and came back in.
    The other participants were not kind, in between laughs.
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Default Re: Zoom meetings

Considering that Zoom has that "leave meeting" button, I guess it's just not possible to be explicitly clear on "leave Zoom."
    "...moved as he was solely by the desire for truth, and by the suspicion...that the truth was not what was appearing to him at that moment."

On a serious note: if your audio is bad in a video chat, stay in the meeting, but shut off the camera. Using audio alone uses less bandwidth and often does the trick.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

That is really funny!

Zoom has been wonderful for staying in touch with my Mom.

Since Dad passed away in November I zoom with mom every afternoon for 15-25 minutes. Her hearing is really poor even with her hearing aids. Phone calls are very difficult, it is almost like talking to someone with dementia. But on the zoom calls she can turn up the volume on the computer and she has a blue-tooth mic that plays into her hearing aids. We can see each other and have normal conversations.

If I am busy at work and can't squeeze in a quick call, we have happy hour together, Mom with her wine me with a beer or cocktail.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

^^^ Like that idiot with his seat-belt fastened while in the comfort of his home.
    "...moved as he was solely by the desire for truth, and by the suspicion...that the truth was not what was appearing to him at that moment."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    The moderator told her to leave Zoom and come back in.
    So, she stood up and walked out of the room she was in, carefully shut the door, then opened the door and came back in.
    Reminded me of this fairly old YouTube clip regarding the dial-in and enter your pin type conference calls: