Thread: Anrew Mellon's launch Floss, by Minnett Sheilds

Default Anrew Mellon's launch Floss, by Minnett Sheilds

I am looking for more information on the 19 foot launch that was built in 1909 for Andrew Mellon. there was a photograph 0n page 36 of wooden boat issue number 116 in an article by Harold D Shield.
    I would like to build a model of this boat and any further information regarding this launch would be greatly appreciated. I have tried google and a number of internet searches but so far only the picture in the above mentioned issue is the only information I have.

I would like to develop a lines drawing in order to draw plans for the model.

Michael

Default Re: Anrew Mellon's launch Floss, by Minnett Sheilds

I see that there are 137 views and no response would I be better asking this question in another location on the forum? I have also written a letter to the Magazine.

Michael

You're in the right spot, just seems no one has an answer. Sorry.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

I have discovered that the other launch which was called Skipjack has been restored and is making the rounds of the antique boat shows in the Muskoka area Does anyone have any information of this boat as they are most likely the same hull form. here is a link to the picture of this boat
    http://ontario-cottage-resort-beauvi...w-muskoka.html

Michael

I see that this is 7 years old, but I just saw this post. I am the current owner of the 'Floss' boat. had it restored a couple years ago and she sees time on Lake Rosseau in Muskoka. Let me know if you are interested in seeing her.

It looks like Michael hasn't been on this site in years. If you click on his name, though, you will be able to send him a private message, which should be forwarded to his email address.