I do not see the technique as a worthwhile pursuit until someone knowledgable comes up with video or still photos that show the important parts of the process.
It appears to be pretty much standard birchbark-style construction, with the plywood substituting for the bark and the additions of some goo in tubes for calking and gloss varnish. A building bed is made and the sheets of bark (or whatever) are gored as needed and sewn together as they are bent and made into the shell. His gore pattern isn't exactly typical of most birchbark goring, but it's pretty close. Then the gunwale structure is made and lashed to the sheer line. Ribs are temporarily bent into shape using the hull as a form and then removed. Planking is laid into the hull (not attached) and the ribs are tapped into position. Their ends wedge under the gunwales, forcing them against the sides of the boat and pinning the planking in place as they are tapped toward the ends of the canoe. It's pretty much the same way it's been done for a long time, but with a different skin material.

The varnished inside struck me as a bit strange though. Seeping varnish makes pretty good glue. One of the neat things about birchbark construction was that the ribs could be tapped out toward the hull's middle to temporarily remove them for access to replace split planks, broken ribs or if needed, for bark repairs. Then everything was stuck back together the same way it was originally assembled. Once you slather the inside with varnish and semi-glue the pieces together on these boats, you have pretty much lost the repair option. If it needs an interior finish, I'd rather see the pieces finished with something like Deks Olje #1 which would still allow disassembly. The satin oiled finish might also look more appropriate for the building style of the canoe. I don't think there is anything particularly revolutionary or mysterious about the technique used. It's just a clever adaptation to a modern skin material and some very nice workmanship.

There were also some early wood/canvas canoes built where basically all they did was to substitute canvas as the skin using standard birchbark building methods.