Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2878118127128129 ... LastLast
Results 4,446 to 4,480 of 4528

Thread: Some motorbikes just look right

Default Re: Some motorbikes just look right

Where's Lew with news of the V4 Panigale Duke? I'd like to hear a bit more about this one. Some expat friends in Thailand have been to a new release showing. Don't know what's changed since this one....

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Fancy using a Beemer for a Spitfire interpretation. Hmmm

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

It should have been a Douglas Dragonfly.

'' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    It should have been a Douglas Dragonfly.

Yeah, but that wouldn't pull the skin off a rice custard

Correct period though.
    Grateful Dead

Oops, I have just bought another half dozen bikes. BMW, Suzuki, Yamaha and Hondas. This is fun. That's 16 on and one off in the fleet in the last fortnight or so

Photos ?
    Grateful Dead

Twofer---
    Wooden boats, and my Craigslist special low riderIMG_20180805_145902519.jpg
    Even a fish wouldn’t get in trouble if it kept it's mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Photos ?
    All in the fullness of time. I'm busy at the moment. I've got a project deadline to meet. 28 Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Hmm. I haven't been to Thailand for near on two and a half years. There's some options. Some of the BMWs are being made there now by the looks of it... the F800 and S1000 bikes are reasonably priced there.

This is in the frame

I just bought one of these 3 weeks ago. Love it but I am keeping it on two wheels.

d63ebec45b6cf821c1c6f83a7b83c7f4.jpg

Powered by a 300Hp aircraft engine too...

Watch the video, it's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert W. Long View Post
    I just bought one of these 3 weeks ago. Love it but I am keeping it on two wheels.
    I think they look great. Can you post up some photos of yours please?

Quote Originally Posted by Oysterhouse View Post
    Twofer---
    Wooden boats, and my Craigslist special low riderIMG_20180805_145902519.jpg
    Nicest of the Harleys. I can appreciate them when riding with them on straight roads..... but given that I avoid straight roads wherever possible when on the bike........

Quote Originally Posted by Robert W. Long View Post
    Basically everything I wanted done to the J2. I’d LOVE one of the modern ELRs. He is, after all, who I pretended I was on my Kwak.

Peace,
    Robert

I haven't seen the Dakar that I bought this week for a couple of years... but as I recall it, it's the same as this one... except not currently shod with knobbies

The differences relative to the Funduro I just sold are larger front wheel (better off road), longer suspension travel, fuel injection and the fuel tank location is actually under the seat on the Dakar.

The pair of CB500F Hondas are like this

Quote Originally Posted by lupussonic View Post
    d63ebec45b6cf821c1c6f83a7b83c7f4.jpg

Powered by a 300Hp aircraft engine too...

Watch the video, it's amazing.
    How does it brake ??
    Gerard.
    SCHOONER FOR EVER, GOELETTE A PERPETE

http://www.schooner-anthea.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rapelapente View Post
    How does it brake ??
    Nevermind that, how does it go?

It goes only strait for sure...
    Gerard.
    SCHOONER FOR EVER, GOELETTE A PERPETE

http://www.schooner-anthea.com

Noice !
    Grateful Dead

You guys are going to get me fired.
    Re-naming straits as necessary.

380 or 550?
    Someday, I'm going to settle down and be a grumpy old man.

I've had this for years, it's a 1999, only 900 miles on the clock.
    I got it for a song from an old family friend, mainly because I liked the way it looks. Reminds me of the old Schwinn "Crate" bikes of the '70s
    Debating whether to hold onto it or not. They don't seem to be going up in value.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by schlaboatnic View Post
    I've had this for years, it's a 1999, only 900 miles on the clock.
    I got it for a song from an old family friend, mainly because I liked the way it looks. Reminds me of the old Schwinn "Crate" bikes of the '70s
    Debating whether to hold onto it or not. They don't seem to be going up in value.
    It DOES look like a Crate. That thing needs a hand shifter, stat!

Peace,
    Apple Crate repop, And Fairlady original

I haven't seen the Dakar that I bought this week for a couple of years... but as I recall it, it's the same as this one... except not currently shod with knobbies

I recently sold my 2001 Dakar. Great little bike, a bit heavy for "serious" offroading but it excelled at smoothly transitioning between asphalt and fairly gnarly fire/logging roads around here. TKC80 tires were my favorite, really good road holding even in the rain.
    Steve

Boats, like whiskey, are all good.
    R.D Culler

I think they look great. Can you post up some photos of yours please?
    I surely will when I can get the time, thanks for asking. I just finished up the 1000 mile break in yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by P.I. Stazzer-Newt View Post
    380 or 550?
    I'm pretty sure that it's a Titan, so 500

Quote Originally Posted by stromborg View Post
    I recently sold my 2001 Dakar. Great little bike, a bit heavy for "serious" offroading but it excelled at smoothly transitioning between asphalt and fairly gnarly fire/logging roads around here. TKC80 tires were my favorite, really good road holding even in the rain.
    I had a set of TKC80 on my Super Enduro in Thailand. I can't remember the exact mileage I got from the rear... Something like 4000 kilometres, but having double the power of the Dakar and lots of corners had something to do with that. I had Pirelli Scorpion tyres on the Funduro. Good tyres, but I did have a major front end slide last time I rode it. The Princess wasn't amused.

and... I just bought another DRZ - this time with a 440 kit and a 125 Honda Wave.

Craig's about my size... so the bike isn't as small as it looks

DRZ440.jpg

Love the clocks
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

and... I just bought another DRZ - this time with a 440 kit and a 125 Honda Wave.

Craig's about my size... so the bike isn't as small as it looks

DRZ440.jpg
    That bike looks quite capable. The question is will you have time to ride it now?
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    That bike looks quite capable. The question is will you have time to ride it now?
    I will be able to answer that question in four days time. All indications are, yes.

I suspect that it will be others riding it more than me though - including you, maybe. I haven't bought 18 bikes over the last couple of weeks without a plan... of sorts.

Maybe you'd prefer the extra one that came with the Suzuki?

wave.jpg

A nice bike but too heavy.

Grateful Dead