Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 49899899100 LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,465 of 3467

Thread: Some motorbikes just look right

Default Re: Some motorbikes just look right

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Just a blue square Ian.
    I've replaced the gif with the youtube video of it. Should work now
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Thanks .

That's not going to end well!
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Hey Chad this one's for you This is how I want my bike, but setting it up to carry the missus kinda ruins the bison shoulders profile that I like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_sHdEggobQ JayInOz

Grateful Dead

We did another run up the Putty Road to the Grey Gum Cafe today. Ted's right, the action was just off camera - but such is life.

Roger's Aprilia Dorsoduo 750 SM was rather nice. He's farkled it beyond redemption... full carbon fibre, etc, etc. He says it's 110 hp at the wheel.... which is a long way up from the spec list at 92hp at the crank. It looked good on the road... but I didn't get offered the chance to back it into any corners.

I did test the limits of my Funduro though. I ran onto reserve 1km short of our destination..... and then it was 46km back to the nearest fuel. 47km on reserve. Hmmm. I put 18.11 litres into the BMW's 17 litre tank.

Still, the girls enjoyed themselves and we had a hoot of a pizza night afterwards. Being the only male there, I got to hear all about what it is that women want

Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    Nice Rickman Velo custom

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    We did another run up the Putty Road to the Grey Gum Cafe today. Ted's right, the action was just off camera - but such is life.

Roger's Aprilia Dorsoduo 750 SM was rather nice. He's farkled it beyond redemption... full carbon fibre, etc, etc. He says it's 110 hp at the wheel.... which is a long way up from the spec list at 92hp at the crank. It looked good on the road... but I didn't get offered the chance to back it into any corners.

I did test the limits of my Funduro though. I ran onto reserve 1km short of our destination..... and then it was 46km back to the nearest fuel. 47km on reserve. Hmmm. I put 18.11 litres into the BMW's 17 litre tank.

Still, the girls enjoyed themselves and we had a hoot of a pizza night afterwards. Being the only male there, I got to hear all about what it is that women want
    That fundero is working out for you. More impressive is how you are getting range on reserve.

as for the women great pizza reveal... as soon as the women told you what they wanted they changed their mind. Atleast the bike is steady.
    Self-Awareness Isn't a Magic Bullet, But It Is Step One.
    Politcal posts require a ugly boat photo with each comment. Hope i run out of photos before i run out of comments.

Interesting daily driver
    Someday, I'm going to settle down and be a grumpy old man.

No image PI.
    Grateful Dead

No image PI.
    Yes there is. It's a Beeza

Not on my screen.
    Grateful Dead

Not on my screen.
    Gone from mine now too. One of those new high falutin' Google image things. No thanks... I'll stick with Smugmug

Someday, I'm going to settle down and be a grumpy old man.

On the Facebook page of a custom bike blog and shop in London:

"Utterly gorgeous Norton 350 in the driveway today
    #BikeShedLondon EC1V 9LT #Norton#Scrambler"
    'When I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find. When I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind...'

Might be a repeat.

Nosce te ipsum

Dommie .

Grateful Dead

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questn...e8a55fb4e913ec

Did nitrous oxide powered postie bike top 200km/h at Dry Lakes Racers Australia Speed Week

Glenn Roberts, Quest Newspapers
    July 13, 2015 12:10am

An alcohol-powered postie bike with nitrous oxide injection and salad bowl aerodynamic aid, built by a blind mechanic — what could go wrong?

Well, probably a lot, but for a while Don Kidd and his mate Mike Riddell thought their 2002 Honda CT 110 cracked 200km/h.
    Mike was clocked at 206.8km/h on Dorothy during the Dry Lakes Racers Australia (DLRA) Speed Week at Lake Gairdner in South Australia in March.
    But like so many tales of Aussie battlers having a crack at glory the project had humble beginnings and the road was not smooth.
    Don, from Deception Bay, said: “I saw that movie the World’s Fastest Indian and thought would be great to do something like that.”
    They brought the bike in 2006 for $400 after it spent four years delivering mail and set about making it quick with help from Joe Hanssen from Caboolture’s One Ten Motorcycles.
    “I’m all but blind,” Don said. “(but) I’ve actually got to be a better mechanic these days. I work a bit slower and steadier.
    “And my hearing has got so damn good that I can listen to a motor and tell you what’s wrong with it.”
    In March they headed to Speed Week for the seventh time, with Dorothy now equipped with nitrous oxide (NOS) injection.
    But the trip was not smooth. The transmission in their car died at Cobar and when they arrived at the Lake they discovered they had left bike’s aerodynamic faring at home.

Grateful Dead

How the hell did they get more than 15 hp out of a 110cc Honda? They produce 9.5 hp standard.
    Grateful Dead

Tread softly, and carry a very big stick....

Supercharged T120.

http://www.returnofthecaferacers.com...-thruxton.html

How the hell did they get more than 15 hp out of a 110cc Honda? They produce 9.5 hp standard.
    The basics are pretty easy. Bore, stroke, flow, compression.... and add the laughing gas.

I can't recall the specific output of my Finbro engine for the postie, but it's 125cc. IIRC it's 12.5:1 compression. I seem to recall that two of the Finbro options produce 15 and 17 hp. I went for the one below "race".

Shoot, I've been mobbing around on bone stock 125cc four stroke scooter will do 110kph.
    I imagine if it had gears, it might could hit 200 with a little tweaking. And a fairing.

I ain't broke the long ton in a hot minute, though. Someone else will have to break the record, I guess. I'm probably too chicken.

I already got a guy to pee on my lemon tree, though.

Peace,
    Robert

Custom '53 Tiger..

The basics are pretty easy. Bore, stroke, flow, compression.... and add the laughing gas.

I can't recall the specific output of my Finbro engine for the postie, but it's 125cc. IIRC it's 12.5:1 compression. I seem to recall that two of the Finbro options produce 15 and 17 hp. I went for the one below "race".
    If you feed the numbers into this calculator http://ecomodder.com/forum/tool-aero...resistance.php even 17 hp isn't enough. You need around 40 hp to get 200 km hr.
    Grateful Dead

I love preunit Triumphs ! That one looks great !
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by lupussonic View Post
    Custom '53 Tiger..

I have lust in my heart...

Peace,
    Gob Smacked

Nosce te ipsum

In memory of John Surtees.

Ian, how did the postie bike get 200kmhr ? 40 hp from a postie is around 360 hp per litre .
    Grateful Dead

Ian, how did the postie bike get 200kmhr ? 40 hp from a postie is around 360 hp per litre .
    No idea.... you posted the story.

From the link you posted

“As soon as he hit the NOS button in top gear it spat the chain off at 75mph and the motor just peaked through the roof,” Don said

“It did a bit of damage. We couldn’t race anymore.”

Mike, an experienced racer, said he felt nothing and Dorothy stayed “rock solid”.

But, despite having an official DLRA ticket showing 128.533mph, and the timing gear being checked and found to be ok, neither believes Dorothy went near 200km/h.

Mike thinks it was no more than 145km/h.

“We were getting a consistent 85 miles hour (137km/h) out of it — we were hoping to get 100 (161km/h),” he said.

No idea.... you posted the story.
    True, but I'm no engine tuner .Would it be possible to get 360 hp per litre from a postie engine or a Chinese clone ?
    Grateful Dead

Here's a fast 125cc streamliner. 186mph record.

I think the key is "streamliner", that thing would have a drag coefficient of about .2. The same fairing as for the 50 cc run at over 130 mph.

Grateful Dead