Page 127 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2777117126127128 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,445 of 4624

Thread: Some motorbikes just look right

Default Re: Some motorbikes just look right

And now for something.....
    Creationists aren't mad - they're possessed of demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    So modern day Indian riders need training wheels?
    That Indian (or one almost exactly like it) jumped over Caesarís Fountains.

But, still, haha.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    That Indian (or one almost exactly like it) jumped over Caesar’s Fountains.

But, still, haha.

Peace,
    Robert
    Piloted by this bloke:

(the one on the right, not my son).
    'When I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find. When I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind...'

Ainít he the sweetest guy? I want to be like that when I grow up.

Peace,
    Robert

I would love a set of Krauser 4 valve heads

krauserheads.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Quote Originally Posted by lupussonic View Post
    That is just stunning! I'd have one if I fitted on it, and could supply parts easily.

Very sorry to hear about your friend BF.
    BMW sells parts for these still.

Yes, BF, sorry about your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    BMW sells parts for these still.

Yes, BF, sorry about your friend.
    Thanks guys. Yeah, he's missed by many. Interesting to note that the son of the last Managing Director of Velocette attended the funeral.

There were some interesting tales told....
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I saw this one at the Yarmouth Sea Fest car show yesterday:

BSA motorcycle Yarmouth 2018.jpg
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Sorry about your friend, Ian.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

50cc Cafe Racer anyone..? Seen in Holland today...

IMG_8802.jpg

SkyTeam... never heard of them, but it looks like a (slow) blast!

They do a 125 version as well, with lots of tuning bits available:

You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. ó P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

I suspect that it would be loud. A bit over the top, yes.

Look at me !! Look at me !!!!!
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by lupussonic View Post
    50cc Cafe Racer anyone..? Seen in Holland today...

IMG_8802.jpg

SkyTeam... never heard of them, but it looks like a (slow) blast!
    My dream bike when i was 16. I used to be a dedicated follower of 50cc and 125cc GP.
    Grateful Dead

Have your sound on!

There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

A client rolled up on one of these from 2007 After checking it out... it looks right to my eye.

A light turn of the accelerator throttle causes the 167 bhp of the four-cylinder-engine to catapult the BMW K1200S forward, accelerating swiftly from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.8 seconds. Maximum torque of 130 Nm at 8,250 rpm.

Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 07-23-2018 at 11:46 PM.
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Hmmm. I just agreed to buy eight more Hondas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Hmmm. I just agreed to buy eight more Hondas.
    Are you going into the rental/touring business or will these be handed out in your next wedding to the family of the bride as dowry?

Congrads either way!
    Be wary of your critics, at peace with your decisions, and work hard to be a better man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Are you going into the rental/touring business or will these be handed out in your next wedding to the family of the bride as dowry?

Congrads either way!
    All will be revealed in the fullness of time.

Couple of nice V Rods parked in the loading zone, with us, at the pub on the headland at Austinmer, which is surprisingly called the Headlands Hotel. We'd been to Bundeena and then down through the Royal National Park. Four bikes yesterday. Oldest being my cousin and his missus on his old Tenere - a Yammie 600 cc single that he's had for 35 years. I seem to recall it as a real wheelie machine, back in those days, but I haven't ridden it since the 1980's. He took it to New Zealand for a lap of both islands with us back in the early 80's.

DSCN2357.jpg

and his Tenere, with Paula's V Star

DSCN2358.jpg

I had a bit of "fun" on the way home. Nice large roundabout, took it at the speed limit... 60 kph, which was reasonable - could easily do it at 80 without scraping.... and the front wheel washed out. The aggregate was heavily polished... well overdue for replacement. I had to rip the bars up to avoid the two of us taking a slide in our kevlar jeans. I don't ride aggressively with a pillion on. Well, I don't ride aggressively on the roads at all, to be fair. Part of avoiding the fall was a quick stab into the pavement with my dodgy leg. All good now, but it was sore last night. The roads in Asia are better than some of the crap served up here.

Nope. Just nope

Harley's just announced 1250 Pan America ADV bike. I had to check the date to make sure it wasn't April 1

Battlestar Galactica.
    Grateful Dead

DOHC!

And joined by a 975cc middleweight! Which is like calling 75 middle aged.
    Creationists aren't mad - they're possessed of demons.

My daughter doesn't ride, but has a boyfriend who does. Nice young chap; bright, ambitious, going places. Yesterday I received news that jeopardizes all that. Something that brings into question whether he has the proper attitude and ability to make decisions worthy of my daughter.

He is planning to buy a Harley.

The godz weep...
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    My daughter doesn't ride, but has a boyfriend who does. Nice young chap; bright, ambitious, going places. Yesterday I received news that jeopardizes all that. Something that brings into question whether he has the proper attitude and ability to make decisions worthy of my daughter.

The godz weep...
    Hmmmm

The godz weep...
    A mate was ranting to me yesterday that he thought biker gang members were stupid. I agreed, as the proof was in the Harleys they bought.
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

The godz weep...
    At the very least he's lacking in taste.
    Grateful Dead

The godz weep...
    That's a tough one! Please keep us posted on developments.

A friend just got back from a 3 week trip from Vermont to Newfoundland on his Triumph Scrambler. He said that not only were the people wonderful, many commented on how nice it was to see a Triumph.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Bugger. Sold the Funduro. Had the neighbours in last weekend to tell them I'd bought the pub and was moving... and everything was for sale. They mentioned that his son was looking for a bike. Price is good (I gave it to him for $2k - and threw in the old engine)..... and he's been to look and has said yes. I was leading a ride up to Katoomba tomorrow too.... ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Bugger. Sold the Funduro. Had the neighbours in last weekend to tell them I'd bought the pub and was moving... and everything was for sale. They mentioned that his son was looking for a bike. Price is good (I gave it to him for $2k - and threw in the old engine)..... and he's been to look and has said yes. I was leading a ride up to Katoomba tomorrow too.... ugh.

Bike is gone and a new era begins. I know you’ll figure out some great compromises and even better wheels to tour this world with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Bike is gone and a new era begins. I know youíll figure out some great compromises and even better wheels to tour this world with.
    I think that leaves 20 in various garages, across two countries. Not all of them working - but about two thirds are.

I'm going to buy another medium to large road bike for touring, but my choices are limited. I'll be buying in Thailand. I think the Ducatis there are too small for me (fit-wise). There's Triumphs, so maybe. I think the KTMs are priced out by duties up there and I'm not interested in heavyweight iron - it needs to be light and nice to tour on. I've rented a Suzuki V Strom up there before and also ridden a rented Kawasaki Versys. Both of them were OK, but OK doesn't cut it.

Hmm. I haven't been to Thailand for near on two and a half years. There's some options. Some of the BMWs are being made there now by the looks of it... the F800 and S1000 bikes are reasonably priced there.

This is in the frame