Page 148 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4898138147148149 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,180 of 5283

Thread: Some motorbikes just look right

Default Re: Some motorbikes just look right

Quote Originally Posted by purri View Post
    Zundapp bought the original patterns and patent for the sidevalve model from the designer. Talk to Hans Spranger of VMCCA and get back to me. hahahahahaa
    So the 1933 Zundapp is based on the 1945 Wooler? Riiiiight.

Btw... take a look at where the exhaust ports are on the two bikes. Nothing in common.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

hahahahahahaha. C&P maestro

hahahahahahaha. C&P maestro
    Yep - 1441 posts on this thread... with the majority having some decent sort of bike in them. C&P... well, it is an image thread, after all.

As opposed to the antonym of that, a C&P nonexpert (I could use some other words that more closely describe you....). I see you have 48 posts on the thread, mostly negative in tone, none with an image.

On yer bike, sunshine

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    We were driving up to Newcastle for some work last week... stopped in at Pie in the Sky for lunch. Lovely old VMax there.

This is the GOOD V max that had a steel tube frame and no overblown ridiculous styling that had no dignity.
    This V max will be collectable. Also very cool factory exhaust! See they can do it if they try.
    I love the smell of fresh cut plywood in the morning.

My black diamond build. Looks just right. The new American look.
    I love the smell of fresh cut plywood in the morning.

Yep - 1441 posts on this thread... with the majority having some decent sort of bike in them. C&P... well, it is an image thread, after all.

As opposed to the antonym of that, a C&P nonexpert (I could use some other words that more closely describe you....). I see you have 48 posts on the thread, mostly negative in tone, none with an image.

On yer bike, sunshine

did those riding pants come with the scoot? Looking slim and trim big fella!

Selective Woolerisms don't cut it. The company was founded in the teens and foundered in the late 20s, then a post war company with your example shown. hahahahahaha

Feel free to post some information... hell, and even a photo, of this supposed Wooler that Zundapp is supposed to have copied. The only one I've seen was the other way around. Zundapp came out with it a dozen years before Wooler.

Oh, facts?... that's probably asking a bit much from you, isn't it. Oh, photos?... that's more than a step too far.

Here - have a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    did those riding pants come with the scoot? Looking slim and trim big fella!
    That's an old shot, Ted - but I do believe I've got my weight back down to that level. Here's some recent ones. I might be starting to feel my age.... but I'm still out riding, unlike some fossils

That's an old shot, Ted - but I do believe I've got my weight back down to that level. Here's some recent ones. I might be starting to feel my age.... but I'm still out riding, unlike some fossils

your journey appears to have made you more youthful.you look younger than when I met you. The motorbike aspect is such a interesting twist. Stay healthy, happy and for goodness sake wear closed toed shoes with protection when riding.

First track day on my baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    whatever rocks your boat

Quote Originally Posted by donald branscom View Post
    My black diamond build. Looks just right. The new American look.
    Nice!! please tell us more about this bike, and more photos please!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G. View Post

First track day on my baby

Pukekohe?

Quote Originally Posted by lupussonic View Post
    Nice!! please tell us more about this bike, and more photos please!
    Indeed

1955 Hoyt-Clagwell, bought it from a fellow named Mr. Haney near Hooterville, NY. back in the '80's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Were there any gals hanging out in a water tank?
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

I’d like something like this

Not sure if this will work, as it was shared to a closed group.

Hope so, because it's great. Racing machines that turn right and left.... and they even use their brakes.

https://www.facebook.com/MotoGP/vide...674167904/?t=0

Ian, it has been a very long time since I laid a bike over to even half of the lean-angles shown in the video, but - oh - it still stirs my heart to experience, if only vicariously, it from a driver's viewpoint.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Ian, it has been a very long time since I laid a bike over to even half of the lean-angles shown in the video, but - oh - it still stirs my heart to experience, if only vicariously, it from a driver's viewpoint.
    During practice, Marquez was at 65 degrees. That's the highest number I've ever seen... without tears afterwards.

I think the biggest lean angle I've attained in recent years was on Day 2 of my most recent Ducati ownership. I still don't know how I didn't highside it. I was sideways, going down, rear wheel spinning like mad... and somehow, the bike saved me. I was gone for all money. I'd decided that it was going to hurt.... and I got out of it. It still hurt, even though I didn't drop it - I corked my lower back, wrestling it into submission.

I must remember to do a screenshot of the GPS track of it when I get back to Thailand. The dots are curving into the very large interchange and at 52kph, the track goes in a dead straight line until I'm at 72kph, when the curve resumes. It was dust on the road that did it to me (well, I did it to me, but it was because I didn't see the dust... which is unusual for me). I went through the same interchange a couple of weeks back in the 4x4... and the first thing I noticed was the dust. At the time, on the bike, I was watching the car I was overtaking, which was itself overtaking a truck.... so that's why I was wide and got into the marbles.

I've learnt to be very cautious of the amount of torque that bike has in the lower gears. I'm the master of smooth now when it comes to tight corners.

Pretty comfortable up to about 50 degrees, after that I need more seat time and its not safe on public roads

whatever rocks your boat

Suspension.... such an over-rated area of a bike... not

IMG_20190610_090458_9.jpg

[attach=config]39164[/attach

IMG_20190610_090514_4.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

^ A comfortable bike to ride, a pig of a bike to really ride...
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Nosce te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post

Love the sound of these

whatever rocks your boat

This isn't a bad analogy.... but it doesn't so much apply to the smaller bikes, or the heavier bikes........

One of the better looking Wankles....

The Motoprom RD501B, with Sachs-derived fan-cooled rotary in the venerable BMW R71-clone chassis
    VNII-Motoprom:
    The Soviets are coming! The city of Serpukhov, 100km from Moscow, was one of many 'secret' towns in the Soviet Union, where research into new technology was conducted (plus manufacture of the AK-47), far from prying eyes. VNII-Motoprom was an auto and motorcycle research institute, which created quite a few interesting machines, most notably Soviet racers such as the Vostok-4, and a few Wankel-engined bikes, completely unlicensed. The story of the Soviet motorcycle industry is little known in the West (and the East!), and deserves exploration...

The fan-cooled engine of the RD-501B
    In 1974, the RD501B used the ubiquitous BMW R71-based chassis (from a Dnepr MT-9), with a fan-cooled engine, clearly a copy of the Sachs rotary. With 495cc, it developed 38hp @6300rpm, and used shaft drive. It is claimed two were built.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G. View Post
    Love the sound of these

That sound has made the CBX a very collectible bike.
    Last edited by Old Dryfoot; 06-13-2019 at 08:37 AM. Reason: had an extra 'the' laying around
    Nosce te ipsum

we see a few of those gl's in hell
    always a pleasure, the vetter luggage completes the look
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

You're the expert Paul...what is that, a mark 1?

Speaking of blasts from the past. Here's two shots....

Scanner isn't working, so that's a phone pic of a print. Ugh. It's me with my second motorbike... a 1949 Matchless 500 - taken in '74 when I was on a trip home from uni. Sold it for $55 to help fund my studies.

Then.. a few years later, my PRESS pass for the Castrol 6 Hour at Amaroo Park

I was at that race, I rode my Norton out there to watch it I recall the 650 Kawasakis giving the larger BMW's a run for their money. Mike Hailwood was riding a Ducati, the only time I ever saw him riding in person. He impressed me when he nearly highsided the bike on the corner I was watching from. The following lap he went through that corner like it had never happened! true class.

Such a long time ago!
    Money may not buy happiness, but it can buy a boat that will pull right up next to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
    I was at that race, I rode my Norton out there to watch it I recall the 650 Kawasakis giving the larger BMW's a run for their money. Mike Hailwood was riding a Ducati, the only time I ever saw him riding in person. He impressed me when he nearly highsided the bike on the corner I was watching from. The following lap he went through that corner like it had never happened! true class.

Such a long time ago!
    I can't recall now how many years I covered that race. It may emerge as I get through the negatives and slides... although I know that one year we (someone else actually) lost ten rolls of my film in a processing error.

If you were there, you'd have seen me running across the track and wandering around inside it. We had pretty much absolute freedom to shoot from wherever we wanted in those days... and we did shoot from some fairly silly spots.

IMG_1596.jpg

Ok, so I really do not need another vintage BMW motorcycle, but you can't only have one. I just bought the red 1973 R75/5 (long wheel base model) in the background. It is a terrific sweet machine.

I love sound of an air cooled BMW engine. The craftsmanship on these bikes are great!

[QUOTE=lupussonic;5912437]IMG_20190610_090458_9.jpg

Oh man, this one brings back some memories. Mine was a 79,same color and was loaded,windshield, lowers,bags, top boot,crash bars, adj air suspension front and rear. Vetter made some beautiful stuff for the first wings. It took me on lots of trips down the coast highway to California and home on hwy 97.It was solid,smooooth and handled pretty well for its 750lbs. I've had to give up riding, I miss that bike....sigh