Page 1 of 124 121151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Some motorbikes just look right

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Some motorbikes just look right

... and this is one of them... and I believe it started out as an R90S.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Default Re: Some motorbikes just look right

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

not even a vestigial front fender and the head light location is ridiculous
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    not even a vestigial front fender and the head light location is ridiculous
    Ridiculous from a performance perspective, agreed... but it does look brilliant up high, with the springer front end exposed like that.

I think I'd have liked a matching headlight on the right side. There's a few other things that'd see it fail registration here too. I'm also a bit cautious about those tyres

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Frame is from a /2, not a /6. Looks like a bitsa.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    BITSA for sure - the /2 had the camshaft above the crank - that engine has the camshaft below the crank.
    Someday, I'm going to settle down and be a grumpy old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    Just a bit....

I suspect that low headlight wouldn't pass muster with the fuzz here.

Ahhh... a bit of sleuthing and I've found the original source

http://inazumacafe.blogspot.it/2013/...n-pfeil-2.html

Sorry. Doesn't look right at all. I'd take the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    That is one of my favorite bikes. Read the story behind the build. They didn't spare the $$.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!