Page 139 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3989129138139140 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,865 of 4922

Thread: Some motorbikes just look right

Default Re: Some motorbikes just look right

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G. View Post
    Attachment 27144

Shhh, its on my shopping list for xmas
    I was in the Ducati shop today. Rear brake pads.

I did about 160 km on Sunday with the rear pads shot... fronts only in use, but I'm off on a two day ride on Thursday with a magazine editor and it'd be bad form to not keep up, eh?

The new 959 Panigale looks nice
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

They are all nice, and you definitely want to the keep up! Been looking at these for a while and one is definitely on my radar will keep you posted if it works out.
    whatever rocks your boat

lighter and faster yet so much safer and rideable
    whatever rocks your boat

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    Went to look at an Eames chair today.

Attachment 26830

An Eames sidecar! I this I want to see.
    Creationists aren't mad - they're possessed of demons.

World's best motorcycle? Honda Wave, of course.

That lady, carrying a bag of rice, blew past four very experienced motorcyclists. Humbled, we were. Humbled.

Admittedly, we (some of us) were carrying injuries... and machines were wearied too, with boiled brake fluid on two of the bikes.... but that damn incident almost forced me to ride off and leave my mates.

And another Honda Wave from our ride over the last three days.

I think we'd picked our bikes up at this stage... so the grins were just because I was taking their photo.

We had a comedy of errors at this point... it was even steeper than it looks - and there was a huge patch of very slippery, deep dust that caused the drops. The other three guys all crashed... I avoided it with the Ducati.

Speaking of Hondas... I'm off to look at another one tomorrow... a C92 Benly - Not sure of the year, but they were made '59 to '65.

I'm planning to mount it on a post.... and to get super tacky and fit electric motors in the wheels to keep them turning. I plan on this being my new advertising sign....

Do it like this VW near me?

"If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

My parking space is too precious for that... but we did go visit the local straw King Kong a while back. Similar size to that one

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Speaking of Hondas... I'm off to look at another one tomorrow... a C92 Benly - Not sure of the year, but they were made '59 to '65.

I'm planning to mount it on a post.... and to get super tacky and fit electric motors in the wheels to keep them turning. I plan on this being my new advertising sign....

I would leave this fine example as it is. Unmolested except for the exhaust. BTW these bikes are worth some real money.
    I love the smell of fresh cut plywood in the morning.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....
    Creationists aren't mad - they're possessed of demons.

Quote Originally Posted by donald branscom View Post
    I would leave this fine example as it is. Unmolested except for the exhaust. BTW these bikes are worth some real money.
    It was $1000 - but we missed it by a couple of hours. We'd arranged to look at it but someone beat us to it.

Triumph officially unveiled the 1200cc Speed Twin today. In dealerships "spring 2019"

In silver ice:

Triumph-Speed-Twin-Silver-Ice.jpg

And compared to the 900cc 2019 Street Twin:

Triumph-Street-Twin-Action-137670.jpg

either one would be a substantial upgrade in tech from my carburated, air cooled '03 T100.

Brit Bikes is just 50 metres up the road from my pub. I see plenty of Triumphs... which is good. They occupy the market position here that Harley holds in Oz. Those who want to make a fashion statement here do it on Triumphs, not Harleys.

Meanwhile, an Aussie expat friend just posted more photos from Laos, where he's riding his Ducati. His girlfriend is a whiz with phone pics over his shoulder. It's motorcycling heaven....

Always thought a sidecar would be kinda fun. This guy seemed to be fighting the corners a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A photo from our recent Mae Salong visit. Does this show for others?

Shows for me Ian.
    The best helping hand you will ever receive is the one at the end of your own arm.

Thanks. Good to know. I've seen problems with Google photos before.

I like this shot that Trevor got of Paul, on the DRZ440.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    Basically a Thruxton R with lower spec ancillaries.

images.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lupussonic View Post
    Basically a Thruxton R with lower spec ancillaries.
    Right. Or a lighter, taller, tuned up T120, tubeless and with a couple borrowed "modern" styling cues? (looking at the tail specifically)

t120.jpg

Sportier geometry, too, I guess.

Looks right to me. You going for it?

The shorter Street Twin is actually the one that fits me best physically. It's practically tailor made to me.

And the 2019 has a lightened down and juiced up 900cc. Would probably be enough upgrade from my '03 T100.

I dunno. Likely just daydreaming for a few months. The nice thing about the current bike is that it costs nothing, needs nothing, already has scratches so worries nothing.

The shorter Street Twin is actually the one that fits me best physically. It's practically tailor made to me.

And the 2019 has a lightened down and juiced up 900cc. Would probably be enough upgrade from my '03 T100.

I dunno. Likely just daydreaming for a few months. The nice thing about the current bike is that it costs nothing, needs nothing, already has scratches so worries nothing.
    I remember the last ultra swank push bike I owned. It was a $7,000 (sponsored...) carbon everything (except my Dura Ace cranks) triathlon bike. I got fitted on a retul computerized fit device (measures power output as well as hip, knee, and elbow angles while pedaling), and was ready to take delivery.

I took it out front and threw it in the shrubs.

Everyone stared at me in shock.

Then I calmly explained it had already suffered its first damage, a nice, safe, wee little boo-boo scratch, so it was free to use with impugnity.

Harder to do with a motorbike, but I do lay mine all down, right away. May as well get it over with.

Peace,
    Robert

That's hardcore, Rob, as expected.

For my part, I'm happy I didn't buy a new bike last spring. I've dropped my T100 twice, once coming off pavement onto loose gravel at low speed (lost it right on the edge where gravel was piled over pavement), and the other time hastily kickstanding on dirt. Dropped my Honda Scrambler before that in mud (that hardly counts, though it did some damage), and again foolishly kickstanded facing downhill. What kind of idiot.... Total of two broken hand levers, a broken mirror, bent foot lever, rash on the exhaust and engine cover, in the space of 9 months....

But I'm over all that now.

Another possibility is a remaindered '17 Street Twin, of which there are a few around at pretty decent discounts. Wouldn't have the hp increase of the '19, but I'm not sure I'd really notice the difference at the revs I tend to ride.

This is one of the better liveries for the Street Twin, imo, and better than any of the '19 models in that regard.

2017.jpg

Saw one of these today when walking to appointment. Fun, beautiful basic 230cc bike. I was not fast enough to pull out phone. :/

https://www.janusmotorcycles.com/halcyon-250-motorcycle

IMG_1837.jpg

Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 12-06-2018 at 03:30 PM.
    King Moonraiser:
    A toy is never truly happy until it is loved by a child.

Nice straight up bike LW. Too small for me alas, I'm 6'4". I went to see a Thruxton a while ago, and was shocked at how small it was. It looked like a toy, which if course, it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Saw one of these today when walking to appointment. Fun, beautiful basic 250cc bike. I was not fast enough to pull out phone. :/

IMG_1837.jpg
    My neighbor kid need some one of those. He drives a homemade motorbike, now.

Peace,
    Robert

That's hardcore, Rob, as expected.

For my part, I'm happy I didn't buy a new bike last spring. I've dropped my T100 twice, once coming off pavement onto loose gravel at low speed (lost it right on the edge where gravel was piled over pavement), and the other time hastily kickstanding on dirt. Dropped my Honda Scrambler before that in mud (that hardly counts, though it did some damage), and again foolishly kickstanded facing downhill. What kind of idiot.... Total of two broken hand levers, a broken mirror, bent foot lever, rash on the exhaust and engine cover, in the space of 9 months....

But I'm over all that now.

Another possibility is a remaindered '17 Street Twin, of which there are a few around at pretty decent discounts. Wouldn't have the hp increase of the '19, but I'm not sure I'd really notice the difference at the revs I tend to ride.

This is one of the better liveries for the Street Twin, imo, and better than any of the '19 models in that regard.

2017.jpg
    That looks nice. Make sure to lay it over as soon as you get it. Just a wee scrape on the pegs and bar ends.

Peace,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by lupussonic View Post
    Nice straight up bike LW. Too small for me alas, I'm 6'4". I went to see a Thruxton a while ago, and was shocked at how small it was. It looked like a toy, which if course, it was.
    My motorbike fits nicely. Maybe could use a wee more leg room, but I sure donít want to drop the pegs.

Still. Go ergos for a tall guy.

Peace,
    Pusher Man

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Saw one of these today when walking to appointment. Fun, beautiful basic 230cc bike. I was not fast enough to pull out phone. :/

IMG_1837.jpg

That disc brake looks so wrong.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question

Janmarc and I on the Ducati... doing the bike shuffling whilst we had one rider injured on our Thai / Myanmar border trip last week. Thanks to Trevor for the pic

Rat bike powered by a Lister -- the ultimate 3rd-world adventure bike?

You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. ó P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

^^fun! Love the gas mask over the headlight.

The temptation to test the limits would make it dangerous in the wrong hands, though, such as mine mine for instance.