Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neil Youngs Boat.......San Francisco?

Ian Tyson's best known song 'Four Strong Winds' was popularized by Young. Tyson lives a few miles down the road from us - we're not really in Calgary, we're in Turner Valley, a rural town south. Tyson is also a working rancher and was recently in the news trying to stop an energy company from drilling a well on grazing land. The drilling company withdrew their application. Shania lives where? Switzerland?? Or at least that's what I read somewhere [img]smile.gif[/img]
    jimd
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Some of us still claim Shania, as well as K.D. Lang, Anne Murray, Celine Dion, William Shatner, Lorne Greene, Robbie Robertson, Rush, Bryan Adams, etc. None are on my regular playlist, mind you, but they are Canadians as well as international successes. We Canucks have a most disturbing trait of loving our entertainers on their way up, but turning on them when they reach a pinnacle of success beyond our shores. Odd characteristic; I wish it weren't so.

Oh, and Ed? You owe it to yourself to come and hear Evans & Doherty live - they play regularly at O'Carroll's on the waterfront in Halifax. Give us a call, b'ye, an' we'll hoist a pint of Keith's!
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

I love 'em all, mmd At the moment I wouldn't mind loving Shania the most Beam her down, Scotty!
    jimd
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

I heard a comedian on CBC commenting about his and Shania's common heritage.
    "I heard she had a little Ojibway in her.I just wish it was me."
    R
    Sleep with one eye open.

You Canucks have a wonderful band from Calgary called Barrage. Saw 'em in Pittsburgh about 2 years ago.

It's a very entertaining, high energy show.

Later,

Phil
    Happiness is worth waiting for!

I don't think I've ever seen a marching fiddle band. (I'm a little afraid to imagine what the music style would be .) It immediately brought up the picture of Woody Allen trying to play the cello in marching band formation.

Jamie

Originally posted by Jamie Hascall:
    I don't think I've ever seen a marching fiddle band. (I'm a little afraid to imagine what the music style would be .) It immediately brought up the picture of Woody Allen trying to play the cello in marching band formation.

Jamie
    Those are cellos - Calgarians are just really big.
    jimd

Default Re: Neil Youngs Boat.......San Francisco?

So in 2012 the boat was sold , sailing to SF from Seattle area . Dismasted, turned over to insurance and later seen at the SF AC races motoring with out masts. Who knows more?
    Cheers Warren

Funny this thread should bounce back up today. I was looking through youtube vids and saw some on Mayan, David Cosby's boat. Its been sold and i saw the delivery video and the for sale promo:
    Here's the promo:

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question

and the delivery video:

and the new owners page:

http://schoonermayan.blogspot.com.au...ner-mayan.html

Neil's boat Ragland at the time Walter Wallace bought her from Neil after a sale he arranged fell through:

Aparently he still owns her and has replaced the schooner rig with a ketch reg:
    http://www.yachtworld.com/tacomayachtsales/

and a video about Ragland:
    Last edited by Hallam; 09-04-2017 at 05:32 AM.

More canadian singer/song writers and wooden boats
    I think David Clayton Thomas (bst) owned a folkboat like vessel in the 26 to 28 foot range that ended up in the Midland area of Georgian Bay. And didn't Vic Carpenter build "Golden Daze" for Gordie.

Maybe Neil likes rowboats too

Enclosed is a summary of Neil Young's boat
    https://www.yachtingmagazine.com/way...-be-wn-ragland

W.N. Ragland crosses a square on her fore. The boat changes moorings from time to time. Haven't seen her in a few years.
    Jay

I read and saw a photo of the interior of NY's boat. Has a wood burning stove in it.
    basil

David Crosby's former boat, Mayan is owned by forumite Beau Vrolyk.

Has anyone heard details of Ragland after Walter Wallace had her up for sale? Are there new owners?