Thread: Jeff Spira designed boat ownership

Default Jeff Spira designed boat ownership

I have now completed two of Jeff's boats, and both are now in use. I am curious as to how many of you that participate on this forum have also built Spira boats? Mine are the Back Bay and the Seneca. My next build will probably be the Kachemak (17' V bottom Carolina Power Dory).
    Richard
    Last edited by model14; 06-19-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Default Re: Jeff Spira designed boat ownership

Richard - do you mean his Kachemak?

http://www.spirainternational.com/hp_kach.php

I just adopted a half-finished Kachemak, and plan to complete it as I have free time this summer.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Yes, I meant Kachemak.
    Would appreciate keeping us informed how the completion goes. I want at least a year using my Seneca in the Jacksonville environment before starting a larger boat.
    Richard

When I get a chance - I'll upload the fotos of how the boat looks now, and the slight bit of messing with it I've done already.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Be careful following that link posted a couple posts up...the picture at the top of the page looks like Brokeback Mountain...errr...Brokeback Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by JayL View Post
    Be careful following that link posted a couple posts up...the picture at the top of the page looks like Brokeback Mountain...errr...Brokeback Ocean
    I think you don't understand where you are or what is considered appropriate here.
    "A man builds the best of himself into a boat- builds many of the memories of his ancestors." -Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by potomac View Post
    I think you don't understand where you are or what is considered appropriate here.

Oh for heavens sake...crack a smile.

But your point is taken...and will be respected.

Quote Originally Posted by potomac View Post
    "The enemies of reason have a certain blind look."
    Doctor Jacquin to Lieutenant D'Hubert, in Ridley Scott's first major film _The Duellists_.

If you're insinuating the builder's wife looks like a man, I'll be sure to pass your thoughts on to him.
    Jeff Spira

Eh...sorry to offend...the boat and console are real beauts too...

I built Jeff's 17-foot Tillamook last year, and get a lot of mileage out of her around Portland. She's a conversation starter, that's for sure. And as David G. will tell you, if I could build her, anybody can...

Quote Originally Posted by model14 View Post
    I have now completed two of Jeff's boats, and both are now in use. I am curious as to how many of you that participate on this forum have also built Spira boats? Mine are the Back Bay and the Seneca. My next build will probably be the Kachemak (17' V bottom Carolina Power Dory).
    Richard