Thread: Quincy Adams 17

The Quincy Adams was a one-design class built in 1946-7 at the Quincy Adams Yard in Mass. I think most sailed Long Island Sound, half out of Riverside YC and the rest at Fischer's Island. My father co-skippered #13 in the late 60's and owned it in the 70's. Has anyone seen any?

Default Re: Quincy Adams 17

Hello
    I have Caprice hull 13 i think it is?
    Needs to be rebuilt.
    I wonder if you will get this email? Hope you are well.
    Regards
    Robert Carney
    506 529 8116
    St Andrews NB Canada

ps i now have another QA 17 and hope to make out of the 2
    not sure what # She is at the moment
    Last edited by R Carney; 09-08-2013 at 06:37 PM.

"... and the great shroud of the sea rolled on as it rolled five thousand years ago."

In an attempt to find additional information for the restoration of the Quincy Adams 17 here at the International Yacht Restoration School in Newport, RI I found the subject had been addressed sporadically between 2007 and 2009. One of the entries mentioned a full set of plans which could possibly augment the lines and sail plans I have in my possession. If anyone could steer me to a source for any information pertaining to the design I would very much appreciate it. Thank you, wbarker, Senior Instructor IYRS

I am guessing you folks restored QA Hull #5 Duck you folks restored. I've feelers out FBO the current owner of Hull #13 Caprice, he needs to rebuild. What design information were you able to locate?

Been a few years, I'm trying to make contact with the friend with QA hull plans.

I'm taking another try at reaching someone with hull plans at the request of another owner.

See thread http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...uincy-Adams-17

I saw one in a boat yard in Northport, Long Island around 1980. I was trying to track down the owner in hopes of buying/restoring it when the yard took a chainsaw to it. What a sad sight to see.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Hoping Caprice #13 is still well. I finally made contact with my sources (Dad's former crew). I'll include you in any updates.