Thread: Robert Lincoln/RKL Boatworks

I am trying to locate Robert K. Lincoln of RKL Boatworks. I tried about a week before Christmas with no results, so I'll try here one last time. I'm looking to get a set of plans for the Bahama Dinghy cradle in the Expectant Father's Book. RKL is no longer located in Maine, so i'm looking here.
    Thanks for any help.

Kevin

Kevin,

I can't help you on locating RKL. But, I was wondering why you wanted the plans when the book provides enough information to build the dinghy? Or, are you looking for lines drawings/offsets for some other purposes?

About 10 years ago (right after the book came out) I started building the Bahama dinghy. I ran into some problems because at the time I didn't understand some of the concepts. I wrote to the authors (Smith/Spectre) and Jon Wilson sent me a reply, including more detailed drawings from RKL. As I recall, these drawings still were not the lines drawings, but did show some information that was not included in the book. Jon indicated in his letter that they would rectify that in the second edition (now out).

Tim:
    I think I have located Rob Lincoln in California. I want the drawings because although I have rebuilt a 1922 Old Town 17' canoe,a Sebago Sportboat(similiar to a Grand Laker) and a sailing dink, and am partway through an old 12' cedar strip dinghy, I know where my weak points are. One of them is copying drawings, so Im going to take the easier way and get the full sized plans.
    Thanks for the interest.

Kevin

I built the Bahama Dinghy Cradle Boat in 1999. Being a neophyte, I wanted more detailed plans than those in the book. I called around up in Maine and finally found someone with Bob's number in California. I got a complete set of drawings from him for, I think, $75. I spoke to him a couple of times with various questions; he was very helpful. His phone number in 1999 was 530-577-8727. His address was 1063 Onnon Tioga, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150. Good luck.

Default Re: Robert Lincoln/RKL Boatworks

Happy to say I received word from Bob Lincoln this morning and Bahama Cradle Dingy full sized plans are still available. His address is 7289 Shadylane Way, Roseville, CA 95747. I'l,l be starting a new project soon.

Default Re: Robert Lincoln/RKL Boatworks

Quote Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
    Happy to say I received word from Bob Lincoln this morning and Bahama Cradle Dingy full sized plans are still available. His address is 7289 Shadylane Way, Roseville, CA 95747. I'l,l be starting a new project soon.
    Welcome to the forum. Do you realise that the thread you responded to is 17 years old?
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Red face Re: Robert Lincoln/RKL Boatworks

Quote Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Do you realise that the thread you responded to is 17 years old?
    Finally persistence pays off. I have been looking for the Bahama Cradle Dinghy plans for nearly that long. For a thread that long a renewed conclusion is a good thing.