Thread: 150 WoodenBoat Magazines need a new home

Default 150 WoodenBoat Magazines need a new home

I have about 150 issues of WBM that need a new home. My first choice is to give to whole lot to someone who can use them as a group, rather than pick through them for specific issues.

They are in the Pacific NW in Portland, OR and free to a good home.

Numbers: 26,36,39, 59-157, 167,168,179-181, 186-188, 190-229

I will try to give the lot away first as a group before considering dispersing individual copies. Contact me via email if you would like this library, and especially if you would like to take delivery in Portland. (about 75 lbs - I will be headed to Seattle in a couple of weeks and can take them for delivery if needed)

Russ Dodd
    russ@workingtheory.com
    Portland, OR

Default Re: 150 WoodenBoat Magazines need a new home

Hi Russ. I can't believe no one has jumped on this.. But I'm new to the forum and only occasionally pick up WB at the news stand... I bet most of the forum has their own WB Library already. I'd love a stack of them.. But live on the other coast. If you end up breaking them up please personal message me... I'll send you a check for shipping a USPS medium "if it fits it ships" surprise box to me... Thanks. Dana

R Dodd:
    A few years back I tried to interest The Center for Wooden Boats in Seattle in a large stack of WoodenBoat and Classic Boat magazines for their library. They were so slow on the uptake, that I finally sent them elsewhere. But I understand that they are now interested. This would be a great place for your collection.

Hi! What happened with your library? Where is it now?

Thanks to those who contacted me with interest in keeping these out of the landfill. The magazines did find a local home which saves fuel, postage, etc. (120 pounds)

Russ

Thanks for the magazines Russ! I have managed to find the time read three so fare, so it looks likes months of enjoyment are ahead of me.

Todd

I finally got mine out of storage and have a nearly full set. Might be missing one or two total! I'm not sure I could ever part with them.