Thread: Reuel Parker's Scow 33 build cost?

Default Reuel Parker's Scow 33 build cost?

Would anyone be able to estimate the building cost of this beauty? It's not a serious project idea yet, more of a dream...but i am curious as to how viable a dream it is. Link to the plan page here: http://www.parker-marine.com/scow33page.htm

so, how much to build the junk rigged version of Reuel Parker's Scow sloop 33?

cheers in advance, Kynan.
    Last edited by kyky; 10-16-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    Life's a beach

Default Re: Reuel Parker's Scow 33 build cost?

Quote Originally Posted by kyky View Post

Would anyone be able to estimate the building cost of this beauty? It's not a serious project idea yet, more of a dream...but i am curious as to how viable a dream it is. Link to the plan page here: http://www.parker-marine.com/scow33page.htm

so, how much to build the junk rigged version of Reuel Parker's Scow sloop 33?

cheers in advance, Kynan.
    Were you ever able to find out what the budget might be?
    Thanks!
    D.

Welcome aboard Dante!
    Kyky hasn't posted here since 2015. Lumber prices are up quite a bit, but figuring the material for the hull and deck shouldn't be too hard. Reuel Parker might be able to give you an idea if you write him. If you decide to build, keep us posted.

Conversationally, having a boat like that built is probably $300K-$400K, depending upon level of finish and type of fit out. So, again, from the hip, figure $150K or so to build it DIY.

I grant that this is unscientific, but I believe that the above numbers represent a fair test of your wallet and resolve.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

The going price is 15+ years of your life and your marriage.
    ​​♦ During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act
    ♦ The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it
    ♦ If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear
    ♦ George Orwell