This must be a contender for the slowest build here. The post is somewhat in the vein of an Alcoholics Anonymous programme, you have to admit that you have a problem before you can start to whip it. Here goes.
It took me three years to go from this
During that time:
I Tried to finish the transom bright by sticking veneer on it (against better advice) and having to sand it all off again
I had to remove a layer of glass that never set due to incorrect mixing (I have been warned) of epoxy. There was much swearing and quiet sobbing for a few weeks.
I painted the hull, sanded it down, painted again, sanded down again and painted once more. I tried the roll and stiple method but couldnít achieve a satisfactory result. So I sanded it down and tried again. Someone said an idiot is a person that repeats something and expects a different result. Right. In the end I sanded it down a third time and then spray-painted it. The result wasnít great, but good enough.
I bedded an aluminium strip to the keel with Sikaflex and neglected to mask the keel. You canít remove that stuff, even while it hasnít set yet. I spent two weeks removing it by hand, and having to repaint the keel again.
I made numerous mistakes, made parts that had to be redone, broke a few things, broke a few tools but managed to retain all my fingers. No small feat for a guy with ten thumbs.
Anyway, its back right side up and now I can get on with more enjoyable things than painting. I hated that part!