Haven't worked on it for a while, but it's almost time to glue the first lap on "Pop's Dory". I'm going to screw the laps tight while the epoxy or Sika cures, then remove the screws, drill the holes out to a uniform 1/8" and fill them with dowel. It's not wise to try to pull joints closed with screws, better to clamp them then add the screws to avoid splitting, so some easy to use clamps are in order. Here's how I made them, just in case it helps anyone considering doing the same.
Marked for bandsawing;
Sanded to shape;
Pads and blocks and holes drilled;
Pad and block glued;
Once the pad and block is glued they get a bit more sanding on the stationary belt then some hand sanding. You'll see a washer under the head of the carriage bolt but I found that it works better to drill to just the size of the bolt then tap the shoulder into the hole. The hole drilled for the other end of the bolt is a bit oversized to prevent binding when opening and closing the clamp. The leather hinges are held on with 4 brass escutcheon pins, could be glued as well, but there's no stress on the hinge when in use so the glue is not necessary. The nylon washer is there to reduce friction when tightening.
One more photo, next post, only 6 allowed per post.