Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 112021

Thread: 19 Ft Cruising Sailboat from DN Goodchild Plans

Default Re: 19 Ft Cruising Sailboat from DN Goodchild Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon1 View Post
    Very good improvements. You, sir are an exemplary WoodenBoat Forum member!

Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Mike
    Wow, thanks for the compliment, gentleman Mike!!!
    ''The work is teaching you the work'' : Bernard Moitessier.

Single-handed Sailor, 1968-1969 Golden Globe Challenge, 1st around the world sailing race.

Summer 2019 is here !!!

Hi everyone, I'm still there!!!
    I'm back for the next season.

Where are all my WBF friends????

Last december 2018, my wife and I went for 2 weeks cruise on the Beautiful Norwegian Cruise Linw ship ''Norwegian Escape''. 1069 ft long, huge ship.
    Boarding was from New-York. Sailed 3 days until first stop at St-Thomas, Virgin Islands. Then we landed at Antigua, Barbados, Ste-Lucy, St-Kitts s
    and back to New-York. It was a dream cruise. We want to go back next winter.

New season is beginning here in Quebec. I've been working installing siding to my house for the last 3 weeks.

Now it's time to prepare
    MARÉE BLEUE
    my 19 ft sailboat which has been shown here in this thread since 2012.
    I have already made some touch up to bottom paint.
    I made many improvement last fall to the boat (see above).
    This we will enjoy them all!!!

7 years already since I started building this boat....wow.

When I'm thinking at it, it was worth building her. It was nice and fun (not always easy). Worth the effort.

Tip to anyone building a boat (or want to). When you start building, never forget your ''dreamboat''. If you get discougage, take a rest and change date of ending, never give up. If you run out of money, take a rest and wait until you have some spare cash and get back to work!!! But...never give up.

So many beautiful days I was working on the project, seeing friends going camping, fishing etc.

Since 2016 up to last year, it was my ''revenge''. Me and my wife went to the beautiful reservoir Baskatong (see photo above) and Lake Toro.

The plan right now is to set up the boat, Mast, sails, engine, all gears and go back to Baskatong again. This time, we will cruise all around the main bassin (12 km wide). 8 days approximate will be spent over there.

After Baskatong the boat will be transported to Lake Toro for the summer until mid september, then back home.

I will be back soon for more input!!!

Last edited by sailcanoefan; 06-23-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Single-handed Sailor, 1968-1969 Golden Globe Challenge, 1st around the world sailing race.

Hi Real! Good to see you back! Summer comes late to Montreal eh?

Quote Originally Posted by dktyson View Post
    Hi Real! Good to see you back! Summer comes late to Montreal eh?
    Hi Kent, how do you do? Yes summer is long to come since last year. Stil sailing, I hope so!!!!
    Many scientists are talking about ''Solar minimum''. Sun activity is reduced for a period of time.

True or false??? However we can see and feel natural effects all over the planet. Floods, storms, quakes etc.

In Quebec, major floods happened during last spring. One of them was unseen before. A dam collapsed somewhere Ste-Marthe-sur-le-Lac (Ste-Marthe on the Lake)
    causing many houses to be flooded to total lost.

Nice to see you here on WBF. Goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by sailcanoefan View Post
    Summer 2019 is here !!!

Hi everyone, I'm still there!!!
    I'm back for the next season.

Where are all my WBF friends????

Last december 2018, my wife and I went for 2 weeks cruise on the Beautiful Norwegian Cruise Linw ship ''Norwegian Escape''. 1069 ft long, huge ship.
    Boarding was from New-York. Sailed 3 days until first stop at St-Thomas, Virgin Islands. Then we landed at Antigua, Barbados, Ste-Lucy, St-Kitts s
    and back to New-York. It was a dream cruise. We want to go back next winter.

New season is beginning here in Quebec. I've been working installing siding to my house for the last 3 weeks.

Now it's time to prepare
    MARÉE BLEUE
    my 19 ft sailboat which has been shown here in this thread since 2012.
    I have already made some touch up to bottom paint.
    I made many improvement last fall to the boat (see above).
    This we will enjoy them all!!!

7 years already since I started building this boat....wow.

When I'm thinking at it, it was worth building her. It was nice and fun (not always easy). Worth the effort.

Tip to anyone building a boat (or want to). When you start building, never forget your ''dreamboat''. If you get discougage, take a rest and change date of ending, never give up. If you run out of money, take a rest and wait until you have some spare cash and get back to work!!! But...never give up.

So many beautiful days I was working on the project, seeing friends going camping, fishing etc.

Since 2016 up to last year, it was my ''revenge''. Me and my wife went to the beautiful reservoir Baskatong (see photo above) and Lake Toro.

The plan right now is to set up the boat, Mast, sails, engine, all gears and go back to Baskatong again. This time, we will cruise all around the main bassin (12 km wide). 8 days approximate will be spent over there.

After Baskatong the boat will be transported to Lake Toro for the summer until mid september, then back home.

I will be back soon for more input!!!

This great to read. Good to hear you have fun on your cruise. Maybe build a big boat so you and wife can cruise the world one day. lol
    This sig line is proudly provided by The Wooden Boat Magazine Forum. If it ain't The Wooden Boat Mag, it just a rag.

Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    This great to read. Good to hear you have fun on your cruise. Maybe build a big boat so you and wife can cruise the world one day. lol
    Hello Ben nice to hear from you. No I wont build a bigger boat, my 19 ft sailboat
    (Remember, from DN Goodchild plan compilation - designed in 1946 by Mister Bruce N Crandall)

Sometime after construction of my boat, I sent a short letter and one photo to Mr. DN Goodchild. He was so happy to see the photo because nobody did before.
    He ask me permission to include the photo to his Website to show the boat at location.

Have a good summer....did you start building your boat yet?

Quote Originally Posted by sailcanoefan View Post
    Hello Ben nice to hear from you. No I wont build a bigger boat, my 19 ft sailboat
    (Remember, from DN Goodchild plan compilation - designed in 1946 by Mister Bruce N Crandall)

Sometime after construction of my boat, I sent a short letter and one photo to Mr. DN Goodchild. He was so happy to see the photo because nobody did before.
    He ask me permission to include the photo to his Website to show the boat at location.

Have a good summer....did you start building your boat yet?
    That is really nice to have your boat on the website, congratulations.

I am discussing options and changes to a set of plans for Spira San Miguel. I hope to start building this November when the weather cools.
    This sig line is proudly provided by The Wooden Boat Magazine Forum. If it ain't The Wooden Boat Mag, it just a rag.