I have been saying I do not think Obama can recapture the enthusiasm 2008 and that will translate into a lower voter turnout.
So I have been waiting until his rally in Columbus yesterday before giving my thoughts about Ohio.
I think Obama will lose Ohio based on the following
- In 2008 Obama won Ohio with 51.5% of the vote (262,244 votes).
- The state has a Republican Governor.
- The state voted for Bush in 2004.
- The unemployment rate is dropping faster than the nation.
I think this is because of the policies of the Republican Governor not the President.
I also think most voters in Ohio are giving the Governor credit.
- Lower Voter turnout for Obama
The enthusiasm is down from 2008.
In 2008 his Columbus rally has 30,000 people.
Yesterday he had a Columbus rally with 14,000 people.