Thread: A good time to remind Repubs that PROFITS are even better than CUTS

Default A good time to remind Repubs that PROFITS are even better than CUTS

Default Re: A good time to remind Repubs that PROFITS are even better than CUTS

That should be good news for everyone, particularly since TARP was a bipartisan effort and was really the only logical course of action at a time when deregulation and poor management took their toll on our financial and auto industries. The administration's opponents don't want to admit nor be reminded how deep the financial crisis was, and they certainly don't want to acknowledge that TARP worked.

I'm surprised to see TWO Repubs admit TARP was passed under Bush. Usually you guys blame ALL of the "BAILOUTS" on Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Actually Obama's wasn't really a bailout. It was more of a porkfest where he handed out party favors to all of his cronies.
    Strange, his cronies are apparently still building and repairing bridges and widening stretches of highways in my area. Much needed projects.

smitty can't bring himself to accept the fact that the stimulus did some good

Quote Originally Posted by Blowtorch View Post
    No Republican can bring himself to admit that Governent does any good anywhere at any time.
    they spend so much effort to get control of it just to prove that point

Yeah, he paved my driveway, gave my wife a boob job, put architectural shingles on the house, granite counter-tops in the kitchen, and neutered my cat. You should get on that list too.