Thread: What happened to the Ron Paul revolution?

Default What happened to the Ron Paul revolution?

Fer crissakes, he came in dead last in Puerto Rico, even behind Fred Karger. Now that is saying something.
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

Il colore del cielo, la forza del mare.

Default Re: What happened to the Ron Paul revolution?

Titanic syndrome?

They went back to smokin crack
    did I really say that out loud.........

They started listening to what he was saying.

I think his answer to the question about the 30 year old who gets sick started his downfall.
    Social programs help those people whom Capitalism has failed.

That's easy. Bernays Won by a landslide. One should never underestimate the gullibility of media born Americans.

Even though he's still running, the media hasn't mentioned his name in a couple of weeks. Maybe the ol' boy will soon pull out and retire.
    Watch for his son in four years.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Problem is you can't kill an idea that is spreading.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden View Post
    Problem is you can't kill an idea that is spreading.
    Kinda like diaper rash, huh?
    Never trust a man with a clean workshop.

Sure hope you have time for sarcasm before your overrun. I will say a prayer for you.

I think the answer is simple. Ron Paul and his (nearly) Libertarian ideology has always had a small, but dedicated and even fanatical following; it just doesn't have any more of a following than what it has. The majority of people are revulsed by his message of socio-economic Darwinism.

Frankly, he did better than I would have expected... but the final result, nonetheless, met my expectations.
    "The rights and interests of the laboring man will be protected and cared for -- not by the labor agitators, but by the Christian men of property to whom God has given control of the property rights of the country, and upon the successful management of which so much depends."
    George Baer

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    I think the answer is simple. Ron Paul and his (nearly) Libertarian ideology has always had a small, but dedicated and even fanatical following; it just doesn't have any more of a following than what it has. The majority of people are revulsed by his message of socio-economic Darwinism.

Frankly, he did better than I would have expected... but the final result, nonetheless, met my expectations.
    Hold onto that. Your reward is on its way.

The Paul revolution devolved into the counter reformation of Santorum, when the rank and defilers took over the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Jones View Post
    Even though he's still running, the media hasn't mentioned his name in a couple of weeks. .
    The media never did like talking about him. Now that it is not forced to it has stopped almost entirely. Of course he never had a chance of winning so it is at least partly understandable that he would be largely ignored.

I must say it's nice to see so many that just don't know what's really going on. I would figure Norman with his big Partisan crystal ball would have come forward in warning but seems no one understands. I have said it a thousand times this fight is on the streets and is just getting started in a big way. They better have their war and collapse because too many progressives and hard core rightys just think the danger is not real.

Game is far from over. Nothing is decided till the convention and then maybe not after either.

Santorum supporters shocked, angered at Greene County Caucus

Ron Paul walks away with 59 percent of delegates, Romney 36 percent, Santorum 5 percent

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-greene-c...ory?hpt=po_bn6

Democracy in action. And perhaps like Castro, Paul will sweep out of the hills to ride triumphantly into the city.

I must say it's nice to see so many that just don't know what's really going on.
    Here's what going on. Ron Paul is taking his turn on the podium mouthing the words he's been scripted to say, playing his role in the grand charade of American politics. Just like all the other politicians you despise. And when the election is over he will go home, having done his bit, and none of it will matter because its all a show for the naive and gullible Americans foolish enough to believe they live in a democracy. Am I close?

Paul beat out Gingrich in Illinois, yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    Democracy in action. And perhaps like Castro, Paul will sweep out of the hills to ride triumphantly into the city.

Actually it is. Its always been up to the delegates.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    The media is no doubt reporting the results as a Romney win, with Santorum second and Gingrich coming in fourth. End of report.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    True, but both were weak. If only the USA had parliamentary government, Ron Paul might have some say. Not in a two party system.

Actually it is. Its always been up to the delegates.
    Not really.

More than 80% of the delegates are pledged, meaning they don't have a choice in who to vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by ljb5 View Post
    Not really.

More than 80% of the delegates are pledged, meaning they don't have a choice in who to vote for.
    First time round. Look again.

I believe they are pledged for the first ballot. After that, let the trading begin.

And that makes sense if there is no first ballot winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    What difference will that make for Ron Paul? None?
    The minute I think its time to listen to any of your opinions I will most definitely medicate myself first.

First time round. Look again.
    There's only going to be one round.

Romney needs 581 more delegates to clinch the nomination. The combined forces of Not-Romney need 693 to get to a second round.

Up to now, Not-Romney has been getting 20% fewer votes than Romney.... you think they're suddenly going to outpace him by 20%?

Quote Originally Posted by ljb5 View Post
    There's only going to be one round.

Romney needs 581 more delegates to clinch the nomination. The combined forces of Not-Romney need 693 to get to a second round.

Up to now, Not-Romney has been getting 20% fewer votes than Romney.... you think they're suddenly going to outpace him by 20%?

Do you even understand conditional delegate rules? It seems not. Stop watching the TV and read. Romney does not have a lock, Far from it. You almost as bad as Wadd these days.

Looking at the March states and matching 2012 to 2008, the most frequent response to the rules changes was for states to tack on a conditional element to their allocation rules. Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Vermont and Virginia — all Super Tuesday states — added a conditional element to their allocation rules. Winner-take-all allocation is dependent upon a candidate receiving over 50% of the vote, statewide and/or on the congressional district level. This is an important point. That 50% threshold is really going to play a role if the field has been winnowed down to just two candidates. Actually, FHQ has made this point before: The fewer candidates there are, the more likely it is that someone breaks 50% of the vote, and subsequently takes all the delegates in any of these conditional states. Those January/February states become very important. In fact, that lull throughout much of February may be a killer for any candidate clinging to just a modicum of viability at that point. Voters will start limiting their choices to those who are most likely to win and if the likes of Bachmann and Santorum and whoever are not already out, that stretch will be very difficult to survive through.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/deb...ocation-rules/

Do you even understand conditional delegate rules?
    That doesn't change anything.

No one is getting over 50%, the delegates are being allocated (roughly) proportionally --- and yet Romney still has 25% more candidates than all of his rivals combined.

Ron Paul has less than one tenth as many delegates as Romney.

It ain't going to happen.

Gonna be an uproarious convention. The Paulistas have shown little ability to attract even a sizable minority in a stand-up vote but they are able to attract devotedly in-your-face people to the caucuses some of whom will survive the winnowing process to become national delagates where their causus floor tactics will at least raise the noise to signal ration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    Gonna be an uproarious convention. The Paulistas have shown little ability to attract even a sizable minority in a stand-up vote but they are able to attract devotedly in-your-face people to the caucuses some of whom will survive the winnowing process to become national delagates where their causus floor tactics will at least raise the noise to signal ration.

In fact, that lull throughout much of February may be a killer for any candidate clinging to just a modicum of viability at that point.
    In short, anybody but Romney?
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

Il colore del cielo, la forza del mare.

Quote Originally Posted by perldog007 View Post
    I don't think Romney is a serious threat to POTUS in the current climate. Come November? I got nothing. Not even a guess.
    Romney is starting to feel that too.

The other day his rhetoric shifted from "Obama destroyed the economy" to "Okay, but Bush was really the one who rescued the economy."

Republicans have spend that last three years arguing that no one will care who's really to blame for the bad economy, the voters will just lash out against the incumbent. And now they expect to turn that around into a nuanced allocation of responsibility in an improving economy? No one's going to buy that.