Thread: The price of gas it's all Obama's fault...

Default The price of gas it's all Obama's fault...

Lightbulb Re: The price of gas it's all Obama's fault...

I always thought it was the greedy oil company guys.
    Like Bush.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Default Re: The price of gas it's all Obama's fault...

What does this have to do with guns?

What does it have to do with conservative oil speculators running up the price of oil in this election year?

Obviously Newt knows something t promise $2.50 a gal. gas.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wavewacker View Post
    What does it have to do with conservative oil speculators running up the price of oil in this election year?

Probably something to that. As to the thread, I guess any troll is good enough for Ole Salty.

Some people don't want government interference in their lives, until their situation becomes like the sufferers. Then they want the government to fix it. Which one fits the current gas dilemma?

Quote Originally Posted by Wavewacker View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Adams View Post
    ...troll
    Hey Bob.
    You have called me a troll a dozen times in the last few days.
    Do you think that reflects worse on you, or on me?

If you have problems with my ideas, debate me.
    Repeating the word 'troll' lacks imagination.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

It seems that most incumbent presidents running for a second term are accused of being at fault for higher gas prices.I don't care which president you, or some, are playing the blame game with. This time, it's Obama...Nothing new.
    Last edited by S.V. Airlie; 03-13-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    It seems that most incumbent presidents running for a second term are accused of being at fault for higher gas prices.I don't care which president you, or some, are playing the blame game with. This time, it's Obama...Nothing new.
    Aren't most presidents running for a second term incumbents?...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrleft8 View Post
    Aren't most presidents running for a second term incumbents?...
    Now now, you'll confuse the poor dear.

What are you doing about it?

Second term. First termination a la Carter and Bush I.

Hey Doug... Roosevelt was an an incumbent; a sitting president as well as Ford.Neither were presidents in their first term for a full 4 years were they? If you add up their years as president, they don't add up to 8 do they?8 full years is to me,two terms. Nitpick all you want.Obama wants 8 years. You can play with how things are worded if you get your jollies out of doing so.HHH didn't even make it through on term based on the number of years that make up a term..He lived what, 3 months. Is that a term.Lincoln won a second term and was killed. Did he serve two full terms. It is a matter of perspective. There is a term every four years..Numbers served vary.Did Johnson (either) serve one or two. terms or a fraction of one?Did LBJ serve 8 years.Did Andrew J serve one?
    Last edited by S.V. Airlie; 03-13-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Hey Doug... Roosevelt was an an incumbent; a sitting president as well as Ford.Neither were presidents in their first term for a full 4 years were they? If you add up their years as president, they don't add up to 8 do they?8 full years is to me,two terms. Nitpick all you want.Obama wants 8 years. You can play with how things are worded if you get your jollies out of doing so.HHH didn't even make it through on term based on the number of years that make up a term..He lived what, 3 months. Is that a term.Lincoln won a second term and was killed. Did he serve two full terms. It is a matter of perspective. There is a term every four years..Numbers served vary.Did Johnson (either) serve one or two. terms or a fraction of one?Did LBJ serve 8 years.Did Andrew J serve one?
    of course, why didn't we think of this?

Quote Originally Posted by wardd View Post
    of course, why didn't we think of this?
    You mean your ducks didn't think of this before you? Nice use of "we" Is that a royal "WE"?

If Tyler took office after all but three months under HHH, has he not been president for practically one term (4 years) already even though he technically was not elected or even ran (for the first time) for four more years in '44?.Isn't the trend that being elected determines one's term.Are you suggesting that two presidents held office between two presidential elections and both served terms.Same with FDR who died in early'45. Didn't Truman basically already serve 4 years. Elections are every 4 years. Again two presidents served the same terms between '44 and '48.Two in 4 years actually.Would you call the years between '44 and '48 the Truman administration? I would because he was in office. I wouldn't call it FDR's administration.. Isn't semantics fun?..
    Last edited by S.V. Airlie; 03-13-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyBoatr View Post
    Hey Bob.
    You have called me a troll a dozen times in the last few days.
    Do you think that reflects worse on you, or on me?

If you have problems with my ideas, debate me.
    Repeating the word 'troll' lacks imagination.
    You is what you is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Adams View Post
    You is what you is.
    You might not realize it, but you are what you are too.

Quote Originally Posted by delecta View Post
    I'll bite, the current administration has not been friendly to the oil and gas industry in this country ...
    Funny. How do you explain the fact that domestic oil and gas production has actually gone up and is higher now under the Obama administration?

Delecta, admin is not friendly to oil and gas industry so we have higher prices? Thanks for saying that stupid thing in the first sentence so I don't have to read further. Thanks again. Yes, he did put the pipeline that would have carried oil from Canada to the gulf and onto boats bound for china on hold but that would have had nothing to do with gas prices. I wish everyone would say the real dumb thing right up front like you and Charles krauthammer and save me valuable time. You da man.

Of course all the war-talk regarding Iran, Israel, and the Straits of Hormuz have NOTHING to do with the price of oil.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

'tween maine & arizona.. usually - currently, n. central TN.

In mid '08' or so, I recall paying $5.00 a gal for Diesel.. I just bought Diesel & Premium (for the bike) the other day & both were about $3.90.. Sooo, are fuel prices _really_ so high with the evil (muslim, darkie, leftist, marxist (& muslim?? ;-)) (not to mention, elitist, uppity & has a hot wife)) Obama?

Just wonderin'

Boy, that's one _talented_ dude! ;-)

enjoy
    bobby

Have you been paying attention? There's a video posted somewhere here with Fox News folks telling us Bush had no control over gas prices and now these same folks are telling their audience Obama does.

I'd be interested to see if you can produce a link to people saying Bush did have control. I'm sure I can find one where Bush thought he could control gas prices. He'd just "jawbone" his friends. I recall chuckling at that. I don't recall anyone thinking he had control of the pump prices.

If you want a quality government, you must be prepared to pay a fair price. If all you want is tax cuts and spending cuts, the government can't work well.

I'll bite, the current administration has not been friendly to the oil and gas industry in this country and as a direct result we have higher oil and gas prices. Add to that a pitiful foreign policy in the middle east and we have $3.80 a gallon.

Does he set the price, no. Does he set the tone, definitely.

Do you think Obama could have done anything differently to lower the price of fuel? Do you think Obama thinks that the higher cost of fuel will push the USA towards renewable energy? Do you think we should move in that direction and you agree with Obama?

The world needs to keep turning and money is needed to fund the research, explain to all of us how pinching everyone at this point will lead to the replacement for oil and gas?
    Which "tone" is thtat, exactly. More domestic production: he's doing that. Domestic production is higher than it's been in 13 years. Our dependence on imported oil is lower than it's been in 8 years.

We have, as a matter of fact, a very small percentage of the world's oil. The oil supply of the world is finite and the world is using it faster and faster. In 2010, China added 10,000 cars/trucks.

The tone Obama is setting is proper. We have to use alternative energies, as we cannot drill our way to lower gas prices. He has set us on a path where UPS, Fed EX, other private companies and the federal government will, as they replace their current vehicles replace them with natural gas or electric. He is helping this buy help develop charging/filling stations for these vehicles. His "tone" is for all government agencies across the country, be they state or local, to make this change, and has offered them assistance in building charging/filling stations to do so.

Those who think he is wrong are simply tone deaf. Had we started down this path when Carter was president, this entire problem would be behind us.

We should understand that Natural Gas and Electric are no problem free. Fracking scares the hell out of me. However, I view them as a necessary step as we develop new, renewable, sources of energy.

If you want a quality government, you must be prepared to pay a fair price. If all you want is tax cuts and spending cuts, the government can't work well.

The world marches on whether a moron is our president or not, you didn't answer any of my questions. You do understand that if the president was more friendly to the oil and gas industry we would be less dependent on foreign sourced energy which your chart doesn't reflect.
    I'll buy the fact that the oil industry manipulates prices to influence our election. You think that's a good thing? Should they manipulate our president?

Under this scenario is it the oil companies or the president at fault for the high prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Can you explain in detail how you think this would work? Whenever a futures contract is sold, someone is placing a bet that the price of oil will be higher at a certain future date and someone else is betting that it will be lower. Based on the actual price on that date, someone wins and someone loses. How do you believe this affects the actual price of the underlying oil?
    Try this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31510813/#46710459

The world marches on whether a moron is our president or not, you didn't answer any of my questions. You do understand that if the president was more friendly to the oil and gas industry we would be less dependent on foreign sourced energy which your chart doesn't reflect.
    Fact check. Under the Obama policies we are trending down on reliance on foreign oil. Delecta, I am guessing you are gullible and watch too much Fox News disinformation and propaganda. I suggest more independent thinking and fact checking.

you mean if he serviced the CEOs of a few oil companies with tea and crumpets the price of oil will drop?

Delecta, you really should start with some basic facts about oil.
    Last edited by LeeG; 03-14-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Here's a pretty clear two page article about the problem we're having, mostly it's willful ignorance, a choice to maintain comforting narratives about who we are in the world and what's possible.

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/...nergy-literacy

"Energy literacy" and "peak oil literacy" should be requirements for pundits – and for citizens more generally. I've followed these issues for many years now, and the poor energy knowledge among even the chattering classes and punditry still amazes me.

A recent MSNBC show allowed a guest to state, without challenge, that U.S. oil production is now at an all-time high. No one, including the host and three other guests, objected to this statement. Many articles in various media outlets are now trumpeting the new “oil boom” in the U.S.

The fact is that U.S. oil production is a bit more than half of what it was at its peak in the early 1970s. It is not even close to an all-time high. This is not a small discrepancy in facts — every pundit should know this information when discussing our current and future energy needs.
    We are now faced with dramatically high prices yet again and if they remain high or go even higher it seems all but certain that the U.S. and the world will soon dip back into recession.

This is the discussion we should be having in the U.S. presidential election, instead of the inanity we are witnessing instead. We need to rely on facts that aren’t cherry-picked to support a narrow point of view or a political point.

How do we get off oil and other fossil fuels? By working vigorously now to become more energy efficient, conserve more, build massive amounts of renewable energy (wind, solar, biomass, geothermal, etc.) and over the next few decades shift to using electricity to transport people and goods. Energy efficiency and conservation alone can do far more than increased oil production — as recent history has amply demonstrated.

For this transformation away from fossil fuels to happen, we need to educate ourselves on energy. It’s time to learn a new vocabulary and to pay attention to what may seem like arcane facts. These arcane facts are going to become extremely important in the coming years.