Thread: Always liked her. . .

Default Always liked her. . .

Barbara Bush: 2012 Is Ďthe Worst Campaign Iíve Ever Seení

link
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Default Re: Always liked her. . .

rhymes with rich?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    rhymes with rich?
    "Four year itch"
    Never trust a man with a clean workshop.

I'm curious as to why you like her....

An elderly woman, former first lady, known for a sharp tongue... certainly an interesting character.

However, is her 'endorsement' (thin as it is) or Romney another reason you like her? Or was it her comment about 2012 being the 'worst campaign season'?

I'd certainly agree with the latter, although I think I'd describe the 2012 campaign season as being 'the most entertaining'
    "The rights and interests of the laboring man will be protected and cared for -- not by the labor agitators, but by the Christian men of property to whom God has given control of the property rights of the country, and upon the successful management of which so much depends."
    George Baer

I've liked her too, but I don't care for her taste in men who seem to get worse with each generation.

Yeah, She is a real sweetheart.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    I'm curious as to why you like her....
    Think about it, have I said anything here at all which would lead you to believe that I would support Romney for president?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    Think about it, have I said anything here at all which would lead you to believe that I would support Romney for president?
    Just makin' sure, Paul
    "The rights and interests of the laboring man will be protected and cared for -- not by the labor agitators, but by the Christian men of property to whom God has given control of the property rights of the country, and upon the successful management of which so much depends."
    George Baer

The opening post.

Just to throw a lil' gas on the fire...

Anyone else notice a subtle shift in the winds? I get the impression ol' Romney may actually be getting better with all of these challenges - and while previously I thought Obama would win easily, they way things are going of late - I'm not so sure! Throw in an unexpected war, or another 'correction' in the stock market, and who knows?
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post

Anyone else notice a subtle shift in the winds? I get the impression ol' Romney may actually be getting better with all of these challenges - and while previously I thought Obama would win easily, they way things are going of late - I'm not so sure! Throw in an unexpected war, or another 'correction' in the stock market, and who knows?
    ouch

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post

With 8 months to go in this election cycle, any and all of those things could happen. I don't see Romney 'improving' at all, but that might just be my bias. I see Obama picking up his poll numbers, but that could be my bias, as well.

The only thing thati s absolutely CERTAIN is this: it will continue to be a 'highly entertaining' election season
    George Baer

The last Republican I liked was Nixon. And his first lady Pat, from what little I know of her.

Didn't she say something like "No member of this family will ever get on his knees with tears in his eyes and call himself a miserable sinner." ?
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Didn't she say something like "No member of this family will ever get on his knees with tears in his eyes and call himself a miserable sinner." ?
    Life can be full of irony.

That quote about a beautiful mind cuts through a lot of the good will I've worked to credit her with. It's pretty cold.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    rhymes with rich?
    One of my coworkers was in HMX-1, and said that Barbara was very nice to work around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    That quote about a beautiful mind cuts through a lot of the good will I've worked to credit her with. It's pretty cold.
    Its taken out of context of a larger conversation having to do with media speculation surrounding the possible invasion of Iraq. Taken in context it makes much more sense and is much less damning. . .

Its taken out of context of a larger conversation having to do with media speculation surrounding the possible invasion of Iraq. Taken in context it makes much more sense and is much less damning. . .
    OK. I searched it and you are mostly right. In fact, having never been interviewed on national TV, I'll grant her some benefit of the doubt. It wasn't the best way to say something, but it's hard to do an interview with too many of us eager to parse the results.