Former senior military officials sign full-page ad opposing "war of choice with Iran."
On the day that President Obama is to meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a full-page ad published in the Washington Post features former senior U.S. military and intelligence officials stating that military action against Iran at this stage is "not only unnecessary, it is dangerous."
The ad was sponsored by the National Iranian American Council
, and signed by the following former officials:
- Major General Paul Eaton (USA, Ret.)
- Tom Fingar, fmr. Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Analysis
- Lt. General Robert G. Gard (USA, Ret.)
- General Joseph Hoar (USMC, Ret.)
- Brig. General John H. Johns (USA, Ret.)
- Maj. Gen Rudolph Ostovich III (USA, Ret.)
- Paul Pillar, fmr. National Intelligence Officer for the Near East and South Asia
- Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson (USA, Ret.)